Twin Peaks Season 3 (May 21st)

Jesus christ you have to be kidding me.

Postby Brevity » Fri May 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Man I got Sunday off work what the fuck am I gonna do all day before this airs
Brevity

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri May 19, 2017 3:07 pm

yeah i didn't even consider that phenomenon. when i first saw TFA i was kinda like, too overwhelmed etc when i first saw it that it was hard to really take it all in/distill my feelings on it afterwards
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

I was so fired up I almost had a anxiety attack when the opening scroll for TFA began.

Not quite the same level of excitement for this but I have been working on a mix with heavy Twin Peaks vibes for the past week to get myself pumped up
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby tgk » Fri May 19, 2017 4:17 pm

well hopefully this lives up for you guys better than TFA did
tgk

Postby deadbass » Fri May 19, 2017 4:38 pm

I saw FWWM in theatres for the first time this week and holy shit... The sound design completely goes insane in a theatre. The topless bar scene and the last 10 minutes. Completely insane. I've always watched it with the volume turned low so I wouldn't wake anyone.
deadbass

Postby OKterrific » Fri May 19, 2017 5:04 pm

tgk wrote:well hopefully this lives up for you guys better than TFA did

how many times are you going to compare David Lynch to things like JJ Abrams and Full House
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby drive that fast » Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 pm

i've said this before but i legitimately did not appreciate mulholland drive before seeing it in a theater w/ the volume cranked. the club silencio scene in that context is probably the most devastating thing i've ever seen.

seeing inland empire in theater again now that i get it is def a bucket list thing for me too
Dalen wrote:shemaleyum!

ADMIN QUART
drive that fast
ok

Postby OKterrific » Fri May 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Yet the creative symbiosis between Badalamenti and Lynch goes even deeper beyond what we hear and see, says Dean Hurley, Lynch’s music supervisor. Over the phone, Hurley tells Vulture that once, while studying Badalamenti’s MIDI notation for “Laura Palmer’s Theme,” he noticed something astonishing. “The MIDI notation of ‘Laura Palmer’s Theme,’ you look at it and you’re like, ‘What’s this a picture of?’” Hurley says. “You look at it and it’s actually … Twin Peaks. Fucking eerie.” That’s right: The image below illustrates how Badalamenti unconsciously conceived the song to open in a low-voiced motif, climb upward, peak, cascade downward back to the low motif, once again climb, then fall in the very same shape as the show’s namesake.

Lynch and Badalamenti were just as flabbergasted with the discovery, Hurley says. “I showed David the photo and I was like, ‘What does this look like to you?’ and he said, ‘Yeah, twin peaks. What about it?’” Hurley says. “And I told him what it was, and he just started shouting, ‘It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic!’
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby internethandle » Fri May 19, 2017 6:29 pm

this person's dugpa avatar is p good

internethandle
ok

Postby mellowgold » Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 pm

deadbass wrote:I saw FWWM in theatres for the first time this week and holy shit... The sound design completely goes insane in a theatre. The topless bar scene and the last 10 minutes. Completely insane. I've always watched it with the volume turned low so I wouldn't wake anyone.

yeah i watched it last night. i think i like FWWM more than 80% of the series tbh. the angel stuff got me choked up :cry:
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby reddit.com » Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 pm

The Pink Room scene/music is one of my favorites of all Twin Peaks stuff
reddit.com

Postby belgavin » Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 pm

is this Dana's missus?

belgavin

Postby Hutch » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Got a herniated disk at the gym today, so I've got nothing to do but binge watch Lynch in anticipation and pop hydrocodones. Weeeeeee
Hutch

Postby Hutch » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Also this seems like the thread to bring up that while I love Lynch's work, I'm often troubled by his films' treatment of women and lack of strong female characters. Can anyone point me to some good feminist analysis of Lynch?
Hutch

Postby odilonredon » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Hutch wrote:Also this seems like the thread to bring up that while I love Lynch's work, I'm often troubled by his films' treatment of women and lack of strong female characters. Can anyone point me to some good feminist analysis of Lynch?

lack of strong female characters

can you elaborate on this
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilonredon

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Hutch wrote:Also this seems like the thread to bring up that while I love Lynch's work, I'm often troubled by his films' treatment of women and lack of strong female characters. Can anyone point me to some good feminist analysis of Lynch?

did you not see inland empire or mulholland drive
the beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby bingo » Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm

what the hell
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bingo
man in hammock

Postby Cringey » Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 pm

bingo wrote:what the hell
Cringey

Postby bingo » Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 pm

uh man yeah i gotta go media blackout like now
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bingo
man in hammock

Postby Hutch » Fri May 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

did you not see inland empire or mulholland drive

Actually been meaning to rewatch these two with this in mind. I guess I just get stuck on the gratuitous scenes of sexual violence in FWWM, Wild at Heart and Blue Velvet and have a hard time justifying them as serving a higher purpose other than pure shock value. It seems like he leans on sexual violence to pretty often and I'm trying to wrap my head around what it's in service to, other than general awfulness, and if that outweighs their contributions to rape culture in our society.

Pleas join me on this intellectual journey, hipinion.
Hutch

Postby brentmoney » Fri May 19, 2017 8:27 pm

bingo wrote:uh man yeah i gotta go media blackout like now

scorching hot takes and thinkpieces coming
brentmoney

Postby manvstrees » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 pm

i could listen to pure shock value arguments about scenes in wild at heart, but that's it
blue velvet and fwwm? expound...
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
manvstrees

Postby mellowgold » Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 pm

i watched wild at heart awhile back and its crazy how much tom ford lifted from it for nocturnal animals
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby Poptone » Fri May 19, 2017 9:44 pm

I'm spending the weekend at a joint bachelor/bachelorette at this really fancy "cabin" (more of a lodge, really) owned by the family that owns Dad's pet food in the middle of nowhere that's full of taxidermied animals and dark wood and it is the perfect place to soak up some TP ambiance before the premiere
Poptone
cat fan

Postby OKterrific » Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 pm

me online for the next 48 hours

OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby swish chalet » Fri May 19, 2017 9:54 pm

can't wait for a rollercoaster of pure joy, depravity and the lowest depths of humanity
aka clown aka Mercedes Benzo
swish chalet
business is very food

Postby brentmoney » Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 pm

i was following red carpet stuff for the screening and i still can't really comprehend how many actors are in this.
brentmoney

Postby Baby Museum » Fri May 19, 2017 10:08 pm

man this is gonna be so sick
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
Baby Museum

Postby Baby Museum » Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 pm

i had a non don revelation the other night that "peak" television was coined after Twin Peaks

carry on
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
Baby Museum

Postby Poptone » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 pm

I hope Michael Cera plays Lucy and Andy's kid
Poptone
cat fan

PreviousNext

Return to Free-for-all