cat fan

Postby internethandle » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

wait what

that's pretty incredible
internethandle
ok

Postby Kenny » Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Poptone wrote:I am the biggest S2 partisan in this thread

I think Season 2 would be fine if there were like 2 Lynch episodes in the middle of the long back stretch. I mean I still like it, fuck it. The bad stuff is part of the fun
REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:kenny, can't tell if you're joking or not
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby manvstrees » Fri May 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Ersaph wrote:I think it's a grave miscalculation to try to literalize any of the symbols in the series

Like those manvstrees posts are so bad, symbols on Twin Peaks rarely have meaning beyond the emotional wavelengths they convey, not every show is friggin' L O S T

And I say this as somebody who likes manvstrees!

Please don't L O S T this series, everyone

those posts i wrote are just a pretty good litmus test, cmon. the tensions in eraserhead, the secret diary.......
these things aren't less haunting simply because we get what they mean. just throwing out emotional wavelengths and refusing to grasp onto some core ideas seems like a good way to just not examine anything

very surprised anyone reads this stuff and thinks someone is explaining it away
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Fri May 19, 2017 2:46 pm

someguy wrote:I only watched some of the missing pieces but it made perfect sense that lynch would cut most of it out, especially the show cameos since it would have taken away from the intensity of laura's story

otoh there's no reason why he sat on that footage for so long

i'm with this
i def don't want to watch a long edit with all those scenes in. some of them stick out like a sore thumb.

missing pieces trailer however was the best film of that year
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
manvstrees

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm

i've only seen the fanedit and nothing sticks out to me any more than the type of tonal shifts you already get in the series
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Eyeball Kid » Fri May 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Poptone wrote:
Ersaph wrote:I personally <3 Catherine Martell as Japanese Guy lol

It's awesome that none of the other cast members knew it was her

I hadn't seen it in so long I had forgotten it was her specifically. The only thing I was sure of was it was clearly a woman in disguise.
Eyeball Kid

Postby creedence tapes » Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm

bingo wrote:
bingo wrote:not being able to enjoy s2 is peak "joyless fuck" territory

to add to this, i get not wanting to go through s2 with each rewatch esp if youre pushing 20 series watches like myself

but to not be able to enjoy it at all hooo

Yea it's like tv watching isn't a leisure activity for some of these people.
creedence tapes

Postby emotional fascism » Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm

manvstrees wrote:

god when that thing dropped I'd never felt shortness of breath like that before.
emotional fascism

Postby budlite supernova » Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm

boss just scheduled a mandatory meeting for sunday at 9:15 pm god damn it all
budlite supernova

Postby creedence tapes » Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm

manvstrees wrote:
someguy wrote:I only watched some of the missing pieces but it made perfect sense that lynch would cut most of it out, especially the show cameos since it would have taken away from the intensity of laura's story

otoh there's no reason why he sat on that footage for so long

i'm with this
i def don't want to watch a long edit with all those scenes in. some of them stick out like a sore thumb.

not sure how close the fan edit comes to Lynch's intent but they start to load some of the show cameo scenes towards the back of the film and it felt to me like the movie was slowly morphing to match the rhythm of the show.
creedence tapes

Postby Tom Cruise » Fri May 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Season 2 rocks, apart from James. Thought I'm probably forgetting parts of it because I haven't seen it for a few years
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Tom Cruise

Postby manvstrees » Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 pm

laura slowing going joker is the best thing i've ever seen
manvstrees

Postby manvstrees » Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Lucky wrote:Season 2 rocks, apart from James. Thought I'm probably forgetting parts of it because I haven't seen it for a few years

you are
little nicky
dead dog farm ernie subplot
whenever windom earle opens his mouth
zane
manvstrees

Postby becky » Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 pm

tgk wrote:I'd watch it on tv and then again in the theatre so I could really soak in the visuals and sound without being overhyped on what was happening

yeah my thoughts exactly

almost sounds like the ideal scenario
Kiedis recalled of the situation: "We started finding some magic and some music and some riffs and some rhythms and some jams and some grooves, and we added to it and subtracted from it and pushed it around and put melodies to it."[14]
becky

Postby becky » Fri May 19, 2017 3:05 pm

oh wow there have been a lot of posts since then
Kiedis recalled of the situation: "We started finding some magic and some music and some riffs and some rhythms and some jams and some grooves, and we added to it and subtracted from it and pushed it around and put melodies to it."[14]
becky

Postby Brevity » Fri May 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Man I got Sunday off work what the fuck am I gonna do all day before this airs
Brevity

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri May 19, 2017 3:07 pm

yeah i didn't even consider that phenomenon. when i first saw TFA i was kinda like, too overwhelmed etc when i first saw it that it was hard to really take it all in/distill my feelings on it afterwards
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

I was so fired up I almost had a anxiety attack when the opening scroll for TFA began.

Not quite the same level of excitement for this but I have been working on a mix with heavy Twin Peaks vibes for the past week to get myself pumped up
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby tgk » Fri May 19, 2017 4:17 pm

well hopefully this lives up for you guys better than TFA did
tgk

Postby deadbass » Fri May 19, 2017 4:38 pm

I saw FWWM in theatres for the first time this week and holy shit... The sound design completely goes insane in a theatre. The topless bar scene and the last 10 minutes. Completely insane. I've always watched it with the volume turned low so I wouldn't wake anyone.
deadbass

Postby OKterrific » Fri May 19, 2017 5:04 pm

tgk wrote:well hopefully this lives up for you guys better than TFA did

how many times are you going to compare David Lynch to things like JJ Abrams and Full House
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby goofysdeadwife69 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 pm

i've said this before but i legitimately did not appreciate mulholland drive before seeing it in a theater w/ the volume cranked. the club silencio scene in that context is probably the most devastating thing i've ever seen.

seeing inland empire in theater again now that i get it is def a bucket list thing for me too
I WANNA GO DENNY!!!!!! I WANNA GO RED LOBSTER!!!!! I WANNA GO OLIVE GARDEN!!!!!! I WANNA LIVE IN A BATHYSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
goofysdeadwife69
Was Raised Christian

Postby OKterrific » Fri May 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Yet the creative symbiosis between Badalamenti and Lynch goes even deeper beyond what we hear and see, says Dean Hurley, Lynch’s music supervisor. Over the phone, Hurley tells Vulture that once, while studying Badalamenti’s MIDI notation for “Laura Palmer’s Theme,” he noticed something astonishing. “The MIDI notation of ‘Laura Palmer’s Theme,’ you look at it and you’re like, ‘What’s this a picture of?’” Hurley says. “You look at it and it’s actually … Twin Peaks. Fucking eerie.” That’s right: The image below illustrates how Badalamenti unconsciously conceived the song to open in a low-voiced motif, climb upward, peak, cascade downward back to the low motif, once again climb, then fall in the very same shape as the show’s namesake.

Lynch and Badalamenti were just as flabbergasted with the discovery, Hurley says. “I showed David the photo and I was like, ‘What does this look like to you?’ and he said, ‘Yeah, twin peaks. What about it?’” Hurley says. “And I told him what it was, and he just started shouting, ‘It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic!’
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby internethandle » Fri May 19, 2017 6:29 pm

this person's dugpa avatar is p good

internethandle
ok

Postby mellowgold » Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 pm

deadbass wrote:I saw FWWM in theatres for the first time this week and holy shit... The sound design completely goes insane in a theatre. The topless bar scene and the last 10 minutes. Completely insane. I've always watched it with the volume turned low so I wouldn't wake anyone.

yeah i watched it last night. i think i like FWWM more than 80% of the series tbh. the angel stuff got me choked up :cry:
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby Kenny » Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 pm

The Pink Room scene/music is one of my favorites of all Twin Peaks stuff
REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:kenny, can't tell if you're joking or not
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby belgavin » Fri May 19, 2017 7:35 pm

is this Dana's missus?

belgavin

Postby Hutch » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Got a herniated disk at the gym today, so I've got nothing to do but binge watch Lynch in anticipation and pop hydrocodones. Weeeeeee
Hutch

Postby Hutch » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Also this seems like the thread to bring up that while I love Lynch's work, I'm often troubled by his films' treatment of women and lack of strong female characters. Can anyone point me to some good feminist analysis of Lynch?
Hutch

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All