New Tarantino Western 'The Hateful Eight'

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm

This quote... has not aged well

My feeling is the word “nigger” is probably the most volatile word in the English language. The minute any word has that much power, as far as I’m concerned, everyone on the planet should scream it. No word deserves that much power. I’m not afraid of it. That’s the only way I know how to explain it.
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 73445
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby trouble » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

i mean one of the characters has the word badass printed on his wallet, even. you can't deny that!
User avatar
trouble
ride.
 
Posts: 17194
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Postby badhat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 pm

no one is debating the propriety or right of a white author to put the word in characters mouths.

David Simon writes it into the mouths of characters all the time.

nobody think james gandalfini or david chase are racists because tony said it.

its more about how his fetishization of its transgressiveness seems to be more important to him than actual consideration of its power and history.
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
User avatar
badhat
 
Posts: 48287
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm
Location: monitoring the situation

Postby trouble » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Any question on whether Tarantino's treatment with race is seriously problematic went out the window when I listened to his commentary on True Romance during the "Sicilian scene". The guy is a total mess.
User avatar
trouble
ride.
 
Posts: 17194
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Postby Poptone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

badhat wrote:no one is debating the propriety or right of a white author to put the word in characters mouths.

David Simon writes it into the mouths of characters all the time.

nobody think james gandalfini or david chase are racists because tony said it.

its more about how his fetishization of its transgressiveness seems to be more important to him than actual consideration of its power and history.


QT fetishizes *everything* so it's not like it's an outlier
User avatar
Poptone
cat fan
 
Posts: 18717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?

Postby Durham » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Poptone wrote:
badhat wrote:no one is debating the propriety or right of a white author to put the word in characters mouths.

David Simon writes it into the mouths of characters all the time.

nobody think james gandalfini or david chase are racists because tony said it.

its more about how his fetishization of its transgressiveness seems to be more important to him than actual consideration of its power and history.


QT fetishizes *everything* so it's not like it's an outlier


Feet, cigarettes, and samurai weapons aren’t human beings subject to the lingering trauma of centuries worth of chattel slavery
User avatar
Durham
 
Posts: 39572
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: 火車

Postby Bad Craziness » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:17 pm

User avatar
Bad Craziness
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: la la land

Postby Poptone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Durham wrote:
Poptone wrote:
badhat wrote:no one is debating the propriety or right of a white author to put the word in characters mouths.

David Simon writes it into the mouths of characters all the time.

nobody think james gandalfini or david chase are racists because tony said it.

its more about how his fetishization of its transgressiveness seems to be more important to him than actual consideration of its power and history.


QT fetishizes *everything* so it's not like it's an outlier


Feet, cigarettes, and samurai weapons aren’t human beings subject to the lingering trauma of centuries worth of chattel slavery


i wasn't excusing it by saying that.
User avatar
Poptone
cat fan
 
Posts: 18717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Bad craziness wrote:


that's the best thing i've ever watched
User avatar
Viola Swamp
 
Posts: 8571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm
Location: I'm the queen of ice

Postby carlagain » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 pm

the hateful eight is pretty good
User avatar
carlagain
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:53 am

Postby loaf angel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Viola Swamp wrote:
Bad craziness wrote:


that's the best thing i've ever watched


fuck that's so good
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
User avatar
loaf angel
 
Posts: 31610
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Jerklyn

Postby badhat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:07 pm

wow
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
User avatar
badhat
 
Posts: 48287
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm
Location: monitoring the situation

Postby loaf angel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 pm

I wonder if I would have said it in Sam's presence like that

this is like me armchair saying I would have fought the 9/11 hijackers
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
User avatar
loaf angel
 
Posts: 31610
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Jerklyn

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexis, Amblin, anephric, antoine, Bartatua, Beautiful Jugdish, Birds vs Worms, blab, brent, brentwurst, building jumper, chargie, chopperpilot, Clive, coop, dan, darger, doormat, draw, dreamshake, emotional fascism, endless dave, Endtro, epistrophy, Eyeball Kid, Feech La Manna, fresh, fresh salad, gambra, goofjan, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], grass tacks, griffith scannell, hadlex, Hal Jordan, hatertime, Hauntedattic, hiddenicon, Hideaway Lights, hired goon, hit record, Hoxha, hyperbole man, iacus, inmate, inspectorhound, Intervalo, Jabberwocky, Jake SPEED, jalapeño ranch, jbiz, Jerk., jewels, jon, loaf angel, meeshpotato, Mesh, mesic, messier object, MikeS, mmmbop, moses, Mr Spaceship, naturemorte, Night porter, No Good Advice, number none, odilon redon, palmer eldritch, Phil, pissydan, powderfinger, Quizzical, screaming emphysema, Self Destructive Zone, Shalabi, Shotfrog, shoulders technicolor, sleepy_boy, smartphone, Smiling Penner-Lite, snuggle, Sobieski, southpaw, speakers, spencasaurus, spix et chicho, Spooky Jim, surly, Tetradyne, tgk, That Demon Life, the soccer return believer, This Guy, tournicotis, trigross, universe, VHGisdead, walt, wario lopez, Warrenandstimpy, WeirdJungle, worrywort, wuk, yungboi