We'll kick your ass in

Postby scrambled » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 pm

IT ZIGS WHEN YA THINK IT'S GONNA ZAG
scrambled

Postby tgk » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:33 pm

that ep was pretty bad, luckily it looks like the adam scott bit is over
tgk

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Yeah I'm a bit bummed they didn't make as much out of the first few eps this time around, last season's ep with all the reboots was one of my favorites. Pretty glad to see where it's going now tho, should be fun to see the whole gang united on earth for a season
rich uncle skeleton

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:48 pm

I still thought this ep was aight tho. I like Adam Scott, liked the American restaurant (although Arrested Development did the same bit like 15 years ago). Couldn't tell why they were making such a big deal out of Janet not having her powers so the ending was a fun payoff
rich uncle skeleton

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 pm

as kind of a bridge filler-type ep it was fine/forgettable

i'm more finding myself nervous about the general direction of the season but this show has earned crazy amounts of trust
Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:00 am

this show has always walked a tightrope. i remember after the first season twist being like, this is a great show but there's no good way for them to go from here, and then of course they just blew it all up in the best way. Also, even though the second episode was a bit of a clunker, I love all the main characters and laughed plenty. it's refreshing to see a show about bad people who want to be better
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored
Self Destructive Zone

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:07 am

i mean yeah, i'm sure they'll figure it out, just kinda sucks that we had such great relationships built with tahani and jason, eleanor and chidi, and michael and everyone, and now they have to remake all those relationships again
tgk

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 am

part of me is expecting a time jump next ep
Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:16 am

I hope they do something extreme because this setup is pretty eh
palmer eldritch

Postby scrambled » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:25 pm

ok marathonning season 2 today was so much better than watching it week to week. it's funny how pre-netflix i'd never think of this show being better as a binge watch. the show is so brilliant
scrambled

Postby scrambled » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:31 pm

the janet episode in season 2 - so good
scrambled

Postby mellowgold » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 pm

not liking season 3 lol
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 pm

yeah it's very bad!
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby internetfriend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:40 pm

it’s weird that a show that....seemed to have such a specific, well-thought-out trajectory for the first two seasons would land at this big wet shrug of a premise

did they just not think they’d get 3 seasons
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby mellowgold » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:40 pm

maya rudolph as the zany intergalactic is p good tho

sad (not rly tbh) that "Yes, Dear" star Mike O'Malley pops up in these little roles
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby internetfriend » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:45 pm

i wish maya rudolph was in more stuff. she’s very very funny
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm

did you watch the other dead peopleToggle Spoiler show she did

it was pretty bad but she was good
Last edited by spix et chicho on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby mellowgold » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:47 pm

yeah Forever on Amazon. it's not bad!! i actually really loved it.

also u should prob not mention the deadToggle Spoiler part lol
mellowgold

Postby loaf angel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 pm

this season is an abomination
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 pm

oop, edited!
but anyway I thought that one ep with the realtors was the stupidest clumsiest thing i'd seen since the master of none episode with all the "new york stories!"
spix et chicho

Postby mellowgold » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:55 pm

spix et chicho wrote:oop, edited!
but anyway I thought that one ep with the realtors was the stupidest clumsiest thing i'd seen since the master of none episode with all the "new york stories!"

Hmm I can see that but I liked it. Maybe I just love Hong Chau
mellowgold

Postby palmer eldritch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:56 pm

did all the writers quit
palmer eldritch

Postby loaf angel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:57 pm

so bad that I was wondering if I was mostly taken by this shows self-conscious cleverness the first few seasons that might have actually covered for writing actual jokes. I definitely remember feeling like I was being patient at times during lulls for this reason
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:58 pm

mellowgold wrote:

Hmm I can see that but I liked it. Maybe I just love Hong Chau

I like her too. I dno I think Alan Yang seems to have a preternatural ability to craft melodramas that appeal to the buzzfeed/twitter moments era. it's just all cliches, hot-button topics, "this is so relevant!" but it's just so phony and surface
spix et chicho

Postby mellowgold » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Really? Maybe you’re right with some of his master of none writing but Forever seemed pretty timelsss/universal w/r/t its themes. maya, fred armisen and Catherine Keener rly sell the writing tho
mellowgold

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:05 pm

does anyone have the experience of being pretty "mehhh" on this after ~3 episodes and then sticking with it and coming around

or is it just not for me
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby scramble » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 pm

i liked the first and third eps and will just fucking relax and see how the season plays out everyone thanks
scramble

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 pm

I would agree this season is a step down, thus far, but it's still good. It feels like it's going somewhere, it's just taking a bit more time than preferred to set it up, maybe?
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby saranclaps » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 pm

You are maybe the only person in the world that hated this and generally it's agreed to be one of the best things if not the best thing on TV in 2018.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby saranclaps » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:01 pm

This season started wobbly but is now fine. Y'all need to get the fuck off being hyperbolic.

It shouldn't have the same Metacritic score as two best pieces of 2018 television, Atlanta and America to Me, but it's still good.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....