Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:52 pm

holy shit, this 9/20/90 China Rider
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby howiep » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:49 am

buboclot wrote:
howiep wrote:what's the story?

I guess it's nothing terribly remarkable, more just the happenstance of it all. and depends how interested you are in cannabis genetics.

basically a crew of roadies from crested butte colorado brought some insane weed on tour and sold some to a guy at deer creek amphitheater in Indiana. the origin of that weed is unknown but is suspected to have come from oregon/cali border. they called it 'dog bud' because it made you roll over like a dog after smoking lol.

the guy from deer creek got their phone number and arranged for a couple ounces to be shipped to him in massachusetts. one of the ounces happened to be seeded. long story short the guy popped the beans over the years, found a few diff phenos and managed to keep clones alive within a very tight circle for a decade (even survived him being raided and imprisoned).

at some point the clones were passed around to a crew in nyc who congregated at some dead night at wetlands in the early/mid 90s. sour diesel came as the result of some accidental pollination from another plant they held, which was also dead related ("RFK skunk"). the orig dog bud also thought to be related to OG Kush.

anyway, it's all very geeky wook shit, but it brought about a modern wave of strains and clearly never would have happened without the dead.

what interests me is all this happening against the backdrop of extreme prohibitions/crackdowns across the country at the time. real secret society/brotherhood that kept things alive.

long form podcast if anyone is interested: https://soundcloud.com/user-928350579-1 ... e-chem-fam

I didn't think I'd be that interested in cannabis genetics, but this story sounds cool and I'm definitely going to listen to that podcast. Thanks.
howiep

Postby VHGisdead » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm

had been listening to Spring 77 for the last several days but just switched over to 11/8/69 (DP 16) and wow. Probably gonna need to check out a few more of these 69 shows
VHGisdead

Postby k_uger » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 pm

VHGisdead wrote:had been listening to Spring 77 for the last several days but just switched over to 11/8/69 (DP 16) and wow. Probably gonna need to check out a few more of these 69 shows

YEP. check out the Ark 4/69, all 3 nights are gold.
we are mrs pizza shit
k_uger

Postby VHGisdead » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 pm

cool, thanks
VHGisdead

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 am

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but I thought it was interesting that this p4k thing about musicians getting out the vote doesn't mention HeadCount at all.
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/a-brief-history-of-musicians-getting-out-the-vote/

Not super surprising since it was Marc Brownstein that formed it and tDB are well outside the purview of p4k coverage, but HeadCount does a ton of registering and anyone with a passing knowledge of jambands/festivals would probably know it. Especially ironic that it mentions Jay Z and Beyonce having voter registration during the On the Run tour, since that was operated by HeadCount!
rich uncle skeleton

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am

i need this shirt
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
REAL BASED SLOB

Postby Oh! Sweet Nuthin' » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am

https://archive.org/details/gd70-10-11. ... sbeok.shnf

today in dead history, 1970: first "GDTRFB", crummy audience tape quality but apparently the whole show is good
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

Postby witchfinder » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm

k_uger wrote:
VHGisdead wrote:had been listening to Spring 77 for the last several days but just switched over to 11/8/69 (DP 16) and wow. Probably gonna need to check out a few more of these 69 shows

YEP. check out the Ark 4/69, all 3 nights are gold.

And Fillmore from the end of Feb/beginning of March
witchfinder

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....