POTUS Trump Thread

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby VHB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm

waldojeffers1 wrote:google translate does render "vuk" as "wolf" and "vukojebina" as "shithole"

"shithole" in Russian would be something like yeben', which is a noun form of fuck (probably "bumfuck" is the better translation)

like "vukojebina" probably implies "way the fuck out in the country, where there are wolves and shit" more than anything else


futurist wrote:"the place wolves like to fuck" is the translation but i'm pretty sure it's a term like "the middle of nowhere," rather than something with a negative connotation.

i always assumed shithole referred to asshole, so i'd assume šupak could work instead

source: some croatian friends were posting about this tweet. but what do i know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Reply tweets from Actual Croatians seem to indicate that yes this is the idiomatic meaning.

(also that it's apparently just "place where wolves fuck" with no implication they enjoy/prefer the place)
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
User avatar
VHB
VHS
 
Posts: 8159
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: The Cup In Front Of Me

Postby saranclaps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 pm

TIL that Trump threatened to "beat the fucking shit" out of someone who told the Daily News gossip ppl that he cut in line at a ski resort
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar
saranclaps
 
Posts: 14339
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby Merciel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 pm

"shithole" refers to a pit latrine, and the reason it's a pejorative in "shithole town/province/country" is because the implication is that these places are too poor and backwards to have indoor plumbing, and that they just reek like open-air diaper pails constantly because everybody's shitting into their backyards and/or the streets.
User avatar
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady
 
Posts: 23417
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: dog dog dog

Postby Hal Jordan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Stormy Daniels was a regular poster on tigerdroppings: https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t ... /74815976/
well that was intense
User avatar
Hal Jordan
 
Posts: 19960
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Postby black mamba » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 pm

don lemon is inviting on a linguistics professor to get to the bottom of this whole shithole discussion
Image
User avatar
black mamba
ok
 
Posts: 12276
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:19 pm
Location: my fat fabulous life

Postby Big Oil » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 pm

being in the WH press corps is a disease

User avatar
Big Oil
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Postby Merciel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:26 pm

why do people keep insisting that's an "or"

WHY
User avatar
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady
 
Posts: 23417
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: dog dog dog

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 pm

it’s not cool to just say racist shit because many are racist
Image
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 60621
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 pm

nice ratio ashley
Image
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 60621
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm

that’s like peak steve balboni ratio
Image
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 60621
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby Ides of Smarch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm

maybe she's using the boolean OR
User avatar
Ides of Smarch
 
Posts: 3095
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: CFL

Postby Bob511 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm

In Pro-Trump Shithole, They Never Stopped Saying 'Merry Christmas'
universe, you can't play the willfully ignorant, but partisan bleeding heart
User avatar
Bob511
 
Posts: 6512
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Postby tgk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:31 pm

User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Big Oil » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 pm

tgk wrote:

This is incredibly stupid.

Is Maddow always this stupid? Has Russia just destroyed her brain completely?
User avatar
Big Oil
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Postby tgk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 pm

She did release those taxes trump fed her
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby guaranteed mediocrity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 pm

ruff week
Image
User avatar
guaranteed mediocrity
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 am

Postby black drum » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 pm

You know what they say about shitholes, it's one man's rectum and another man's shit-filled-hole-in-the-ground.
User avatar
black drum
Maritime Lawyer
 
Posts: 14213
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am
Location: Florida

Postby tgk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:24 am

APOLOGY IN BOTSWANA

User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 23274
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby deebster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 am

waldojeffers1 wrote:I highly recommend the Russian facebook page Estetika yebeney (Aesthetics of bumfucks, aesthetics of shitholes) which posts good photos of depressing places

https://www.facebook.com/yebenya/


there's a lot of amazing photos here. thanks
User avatar
deebster
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Urbana, IL

Postby Cronos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:52 am

black drum wrote:You know what they say about shitholes, it's one man's rectum and another man's shit-filled-hole-in-the-ground.


Been real Stormy too, Daniels.
IT like it a Crime these Days jus to be Retarded....
Jeremy wrote:I seriously have trouble understanding how so many people who rely entirely on affectation have so little self-awareness.
User avatar
Cronos
 
Posts: 22297
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: drowning

Postby trouble » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:34 am

Ides of Smarch wrote:maybe she's using the boolean OR


Image
My avatar is hosted by David-Tennant-News.com

It is with great sadness that I am announcing the closure of David-Tennant-News.com by the DT Forum. I have run the site since 2011 when we published our first new post about David Tennant reading Shakespeare’s 12 Sonnet. And in the seven years since it was founded, there have been over 9000 news articles, 700 background pages and 8000 photos about David Tennant’s work.
User avatar
trouble
ride.
 
Posts: 13635
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Postby ZONKER » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 am

Guess all this pornstar shithole talk tuckered everyone out yesterday
Image Image Image Image Image
kid8 wrote:mail me all of your drugs and give me your dick and soul.
User avatar
ZONKER
 
Posts: 8396
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: DADDY, I CANT FIND JESUS!

Postby antoine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:25 am

Big Oil wrote:
tgk wrote:

This is incredibly stupid.

Is Maddow always this stupid? Has Russia just destroyed her brain completely?

i think this presidency is breaking everyone's brain. particularly those in the media.
antoine
 
Posts: 47331
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 am

im exhausted and can't take any more

this is like in-home caring for a toxically insane abusive relative who refuses to let go and everyone in the house is too good to put a pillow over their face
This isn't really anything I think I like.
User avatar
DasLofGang
 
Posts: 10568
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 am
Location: Famous Hot Dogs

Postby antoine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:51 am

DasLofGang wrote:im exhausted and can't take any more

this is like in-home caring for a toxically insane abusive relative who refuses to let go and everyone in the house is too good to put a pillow over their face

yeah. i feel like there's some weird thing happening where by devoting every fucking second of airtime to every little thing that trump does people are enabling him in some way. i mean, i don't think we should turn a blind eye to trump's bullshit but it's just getting ridiculous at this point. i'm more tired of the constant outrage than i am of trump right now. obviously, it would be great if trump would somehow be ousted so all this would stop finally but that doesn't seem likely so it all amounts to a bunch of noise and more and more and more noise. i dunno, i've avoided this thread and a lot of the news for awhile and i'm getting sucked back in slowly and i feel much shittier when i'm immersed in this depressing trump feedback loop. we know who this guy is at this point and how shitty he is. what is there left to say?
antoine
 
Posts: 47331
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Postby an otter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:54 am

I know it's not fair of me to say given most of you actually live in this ridiculous country, but you'd be surprised how much healthier it is just tuning most of it out. [Social] media's the toxin as much as it is this cycle's government.

I'd wager this thread is supremely unhealthy as well, but I'll get dumped on for that.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
User avatar
an otter
 
Posts: 14503
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 pm
Location: tier 3 (canadian tier 4)

Postby ZONKER » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 am

antoine wrote:
DasLofGang wrote:im exhausted and can't take any more

this is like in-home caring for a toxically insane abusive relative who refuses to let go and everyone in the house is too good to put a pillow over their face

yeah. i feel like there's some weird thing happening where by devoting every fucking second of airtime to every little thing that trump does people are enabling him in some way. i mean, i don't think we should turn a blind eye to trump's bullshit but it's just getting ridiculous at this point. i'm more tired of the constant outrage than i am of trump right now. obviously, it would be great if trump would somehow be ousted so all this would stop finally but that doesn't seem likely so it all amounts to a bunch of noise and more and more and more noise. i dunno, i've avoided this thread and a lot of the news for awhile and i'm getting sucked back in slowly and i feel much shittier when i'm immersed in this depressing trump feedback loop. we know who this guy is at this point and how shitty he is. what is there left to say?


Well for starters we could say

palmer eldritch wrote:Image
Image
Image Image Image Image Image
kid8 wrote:mail me all of your drugs and give me your dick and soul.
User avatar
ZONKER
 
Posts: 8396
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 pm
Location: DADDY, I CANT FIND JESUS!

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

I can avoid thinking about politics and be fine and probably healthier for a while too but it’s because I am a cisgendered white heterosexual culturally christian white man
Mechanical Birds wrote:I probably can't express verbally this as well as I actually understand it
User avatar
Self Destructive Zone
 
Posts: 7280
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 pm

six days until the govt shuts down

most of congress seems to be on vacation
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 24898
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby an otter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Self Destructive Zone wrote:I can avoid thinking about politics and be fine and probably healthier for a while too but it’s because I am a cisgendered white heterosexual culturally christian white man

i mean there's a difference between engaging in local politics, pushing progressiveness into policy how you're able, and ruminating on awful social media, op-eds and news commentary day in, day out and just stressing yourself out without anything substantial to gain from it. arguably the former is more difficult to do if you've ruined your motivation by engaging in the latter.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
User avatar
an otter
 
Posts: 14503
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 pm
Location: tier 3 (canadian tier 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ahungbunny, Alice, all day breakfast, ashtrayheart, Big Oil, bluemovers, brent, buriedinspace, Catullus, Classic Water, Cone, Conetoaster, CudNylon, dan, danno, deep blue meanies, digital friday, dogfight giggle, Double McDouble, dreamshake, easy, emotional fascism, fester, gauchebag, Gene Parmesan, goldmatt, goofjan grievens, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Grumby, Hal Jordan, hatertime, hiddenicon, hogwild, hoopdog, Hugh, hyperbole man, iwillneverpost, light rail coyote, lights, lil bro, loaf angel, lordofdiapers, mcwop23, Meeps, milknight, mortimer, No Good Advice, palmer eldritch, Pashmina, Paul, Peter Criss, Pops Freshenmeyer, potentialgetawaydriver, powderfinger, Rainbow Battle Kid, robot_by_the_river, scurrydog, seafoam, seank37, shankly, Shotfrog, silverapples, Spooky Jim, tgk, thanksbutnothanksman, the scofflaw, Thistles, transitive, VHGisdead