Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Frank » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm

oh my lol
im that guy who got dog diarrhea in his beard
Frank

Postby important dentist » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Contristo wrote:she's a Clinton extension, and therefore will be prone to those same attacks, hence my point that running a remnant of the Clinton machine is a very poor strategy. the hundreds of photos of her embracing Bill is really all the GOP needs.

it's very alarming to me that this thread is embracing Gillibrand. really, really scared for 2020.

every democrat will be tarred as a "clinton extension" for the rest of our lives
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:43 pm

thinking contristo should sit the next few rounds out
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby separator » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:43 pm

I think Kirsten is cool but if you don't think they're going call her Clinton Jr you're sorely mistaken
separator

Postby Contristo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:44 pm

important dentist wrote:
Contristo wrote:she's a Clinton extension, and therefore will be prone to those same attacks, hence my point that running a remnant of the Clinton machine is a very poor strategy. the hundreds of photos of her embracing Bill is really all the GOP needs.

it's very alarming to me that this thread is embracing Gillibrand. really, really scared for 2020.

every democrat will be tarred as a "clinton extension" for the rest of our lives

yes, but one who actually is one - compared to Warren/Sanders - will be easier for the GOP to make the argument legitimate to their cult, and even independents.

"Pocahontas!" is the best argument they have against Warren. "Gillibrand took Clinton money for two decades and embraced them up until Hillary lost, at which point she suddenly said Bill should have resigned 20 years ago," will resonate more with the GOP, along with the literally dozens of photos of her cozying up to Bill.
Last edited by Contristo on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contristo

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:44 pm

The path forward here is clear... Kirsten needs to murder Hillary Clinton on live television
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't arguments about Clinton are going to be effective outside the Republican base in 2020
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Contristo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:The path forward here is clear... Kirsten needs to murder Hillary Clinton on live television

or admit she was wrong for supporting them and taking their checks/publicity for the past 20 years.

then maybe her calling for Bill to resign 20 years later would make some semblance of sense beyond self-service.
Contristo

Postby Frank » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm

separator wrote:I think Kirsten is cool but if you don't think they're going call her Clinton Jr you're sorely mistaken

they'll do that regardless. hell, all you have to do is point out the person is a Democrat and they'll for a pedophile.
Frank

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Contristo wrote:
Feech La Manna wrote:The path forward here is clear... Kirsten needs to murder Hillary Clinton on live television

or admit she was wrong for supporting them and taking their checks/publicity for the past 20 years.

then maybe her calling for Bill to resign 20 years later would make some semblance of sense beyond self-service.

SAYING BILL SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED IS SAYING SHE WAS WRONG TO SUPPORT THEM
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Frank » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

on the other hand, arguing whether or not or how the GOP will smear any future Dem contender seems like an exercise in fruitlessness.
Frank

Postby Contristo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:
Contristo wrote:

SAYING BILL SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED IS SAYING SHE WAS WRONG TO SUPPORT THEM

FUNNY SHE WAITED UNTIL HILLARY LOST TO SAY IT THEN

not opportunistic at all /s
Last edited by Contristo on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contristo

Postby important dentist » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 pm

to be clear i don't have any particular loyalty to any prospective 2020 candidate, i just don't think the distinction between gillibrand's clinton connections and those of any other democrat is going to be a game-changer for anyone other than the most politically-informed republicans
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby hbb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 pm

What do you think, she should have brought that up in October 2016 or something
hbb

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 pm

guys i'm hearing bill clinton is about to resign
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Warranty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Truth is, it's too early to have any clear idea of what kind of campaign most Democrats will run. Kamala's record is sparse enough that people can project their personal beliefs onto her. Gillibrand was historically a conservative Democrat but has clearly moved significantly to the left. I have no idea how either of them would fare in the national spotlight or what kind of messaging they'd use.

Bernie will run. His entire political career is about continuing to run no matter what.

Cory's got his ties to Wall Street, but beyond that I just feel like he's not that good of a politician. He's sort of developed this 'Future of the Democratic Party' aura, but it seems way overhyped. I thought his speech at the DNC was awkward and oversold, not that effective to anyone except partisan Democrats. But even then, it's so early I'm not sure what kind of campaign he'd run.

Even though I have a soft spot for Tulsi, she sucks.

Van Jones is my darkhorse bet for surprise presidential candidate.
Last edited by Warranty on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warranty

Postby DasLofGang » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm

if they run the rock AS cory they might have something
heaven’s full of murderers
DasLofGang

Postby wollogallu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Warranty wrote:Truth is, it's too early to have any clear idea of what kind of campaign most Democrats will run.

pretty sure you can google "kowtow synonym" any ol time
wollogallu

Postby Contristo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 pm

hbb wrote:What do you think, she should have brought that up in October 2016 or something

any time in the past 20 years would have been more genuine if what Bill Clinton did was so appalling and egregious in her eyes, especially for someone who the DNC and media is trotting out as THE Democratic voice on sexual-related claims, despite just regurgitating what other senators said in the days prior. MSNBC and CNN literally treating her calling on Trump to resign yesterday as some bold, unique thing, while ignoring Sanders, Booker, etc doing the same.

my gripe is actually more with the media and DNC anointing her already as the 2020 nominee, than Gillibrand herself just playing politics.

I'd imagine Trump would LOVE to see Gillibrand run against him, and will be feeding her publicity as a result in the coming years, as I predicted he would do. She's so much easier to attack than Warren, Sanders, etc, where the "Clinton shill" attack - which resonates beautifully for both right-wing and independents - isn't going to work considering their pasts. She would get walloped.
Last edited by Contristo on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contristo

Postby powderfinger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

is "whoever attracts the fewest Clinton sycophants to their orbit" a reasonable heuristic for picking a 2020 candidate to back

asking for a friend
powderfinger

Postby hbb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Remember when Reagan resigned

hbb

Postby tgk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Van jones huh
tgk

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Contristo wrote:LOST takes place on the moon
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

I think Trump would love Gillibrand to run against him because he likes to say nasty things about women on Twitter

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby whatabout tim » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Did Gillibrand get more publicity over Sanders, Booker, etc. before Trump attacked her? I thought it was the other way around.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

powderfinger wrote:is "whoever attracts the fewest Clinton sycophants to their orbit" a reasonable heuristic for picking a 2020 candidate to back

asking for a friend

sadly yes it is
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby murray st. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

DasLofGang wrote:if they run the rock AS cory they might have something

i was just thinking yesterday about how the rock actually is the candidate that breathless received-wisdom political scientists think cory booker is
murray st.

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:I don't arguments about Clinton are going to be effective outside the Republican base in 2020

eh. union (and former) union folks HATE the clintons.
baseball

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

baseball

Postby My Pal the Crook » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Contristo wrote:in which ways do you think Gillibrand would be a better candidate than Hillary Clinton? because they're going to lose if they don't improve on Hillary, and I just don't see Gillibrand as an improvement in that sense.

again, I'm voting for whoever they run, but I'm wary of others feeling the same.

I'm not sure why you think Warren is an improvement over Clinton in terms of a candidate to run? And let me be clear, I'm not talking about their policy stances or there careers... talking strictly optics in electability. While I like generally like Warren as a politician, much like Hillary Clinton i'm not sure she is perceived as all that "Likable" by the general electorate. Yes, I do think she'll bring back the Bernie or bust contingent (that either didn't vote or vote independent)... But I have a very hard time seeing Warren appealing to those blue collar, middle class more centrist swing voters that would have voted Bernie (and probably ended up voting Trump) and I just think there are way more of those she loses than the more left leaning voters she'll energize.
My Pal the Crook

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....