POTUS Trump Thread

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Fox News headline - "DOJ indicts 13 Russians for election meddling, says no Americans were 'knowing participants" - is just gonna make a lot of the right so smug, despite the fact that this indictment certainly doesn't all of a sudden eliminate the possibility of Americans being knowing participants at some point.

I don't really see what this indictment does beyond ban some Russians from traveling to the U.S., though. It's not as if the Trump administration/DOJ is going to pursue international charges, and Putin obviously isn't handing people over. Seems to just confirm the obvious for anyone not in the Trump cult that the Russians interfered, while giving the Trump cult the "see - Russians interfered but Donald had no clue, per the DOJ!" take. Oh well.
Last edited by Contristo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby loaf angel » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 pm

wasn't there something before the election where we thought voters were being tricked into believing that "Liking" vs Commenting on certain fb posts would constitute an actual official vote?
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
User avatar
loaf angel
 
Posts: 32113
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Jerklyn

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm

"Dumb Americans Duped by Russians"
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
User avatar
Ted Pikul
DARE.
 
Posts: 32761
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Salvador Dali's garden party

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 pm

oh my god

User avatar
Buzz Fledderjohn
 
Posts: 20990
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Postby joe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm

tgk wrote:
easy wrote:russian ownsmiths


Image
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
User avatar
joe
 
Posts: 15527
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby viachicago » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm

indictments, indictments, indictments

Image
User avatar
viachicago
 
Posts: 11346
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Postby kit fox » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Contristo wrote:Fox News headline - "DOJ indicts 13 Russians for election meddling, says no Americans were 'knowing participants" - is just gonna make a lot of the right so smug, despite the fact that this indictment certainly doesn't all of a sudden eliminate the possibility of Americans being knowing participants at some point.

I don't really see what this indictment does beyond ban some Russians from traveling to the U.S., though. It's not as if the Trump administration/DOJ is going to pursue international charges, and Putin obviously isn't handing people over. Seems to just confirm the obvious for anyone not in the Trump cult that the Russians interfered, while giving the Trump cult the "see - Russians interfered but Donald had no clue, per the DOJ!" take. Oh well.



sure, these russian efforts were conducted without campaign knowledge, but I think these are small pickin's and the big stuff is yet to come about the wikileaks/DNC stuff
User avatar
kit fox
Mike Vance
 
Posts: 16419
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Real Gone

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

i'm not mad, i actually love it

User avatar
Buzz Fledderjohn
 
Posts: 20990
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:55 pm

of course he's happy. Rosenstein just told the public there's no proof of him or any other American - at the moment - aiding in the Russians' meddling efforts. the right are probably gonna throw a parade and use it as vindication. I'm so happy I don't have to encounter Trumpbots irl on a daily basis since I have to imagine the smugness would be unbearable.

not to mention, apparently the shooting is vindication that the FBI are corrupt and incompetent, and gives right-wing politicians like Rick Scott a reason to pile on them and extend that apparent incompetence to Trump investigation stuff.

it's been a good week for him, unfortunately. the stupid fuck will enjoy his golf this weekend.
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:57 pm

i'm happy and that outta prevent any future attempts by russia

brushes hands together, takes off for mar-a-lago to fuck porn stars in front of his family
User avatar
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.
 
Posts: 10037
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby easy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Contristo wrote:of course he's happy. Rosenstein just told the public there's no proof of him or any other American - at the moment - aiding in the Russians' meddling efforts. the right are probably gonna throw a parade and use it as vindication.


it's almost like, this is the point?
User avatar
easy
does it
 
Posts: 45028
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:59 pm

yea it blows
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby easy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 pm

"see? only russians were doing the meddling. we were only helping them in exchange."

(guy pointing at his head meme gif)
User avatar
easy
does it
 
Posts: 45028
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Contristo wrote:of course he's happy. Rosenstein just told the public there's no proof of him or any other American - at the moment - aiding in the Russians' meddling efforts.


technically that's not what he said
User avatar
Buzz Fledderjohn
 
Posts: 20990
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Rosenstein said Friday that the indictment does not contain any allegations that any Americans knowingly participated in the activity. "There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," he said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charge conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."


I mean, that's what he said. how is that any different than what I just said?

I said: "Rosenstein just told the public there's no proof of [Trump] or any other American - at the moment - aiding in the Russians' meddling efforts."
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm

"there is no allegation in the indictment" is much, much different than "there are no allegations..."
User avatar
Buzz Fledderjohn
 
Posts: 20990
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:04 pm

I didn't even use the word "allegation." I said there's presently no proof, which unfortunately there isn't, in this indictment or any others.
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 pm

there is presently no proof that has been made public
User avatar
Buzz Fledderjohn
 
Posts: 20990
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Postby table for one » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 pm

wouldn't it be premature to indict anyone in trump camp with Rs holding all levers?
User avatar
table for one
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Postby easy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:"there is no allegation in the indictment" is much, much different than "there are no allegations..."


yeah, and also,

let them have the idea that it may have not worked and that no americans were indicted (yet). it makes sense to let them have that. having that also means accepting that the entire thing actually took place.
User avatar
easy
does it
 
Posts: 45028
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 pm

nope, though this week's news is nothing but positive for Trump supporters unfortunately, and the absence of accusations in this indictment is all they need for vindication, at least in the short term.
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby easy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm

like you can't say "only the russians got caught meddling in our election" and "there's no evidence of meddling." I mean, maybe trump can, and actually now that I think about it he probably will, but lawmakers and people sitting on intelligence committees have a much harder time pulling off trump's whole stupid thing
User avatar
easy
does it
 
Posts: 45028
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby easy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Contristo wrote:nope, though this week's news is nothing but positive for Trump supporters unfortunately, and the absence of accusations in this indictment is all they need for vindication, at least in the short term.


ah jeez

OK then

seeya around!!
User avatar
easy
does it
 
Posts: 45028
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby guaranteed mediocrity » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Trump's gonna spend his entire weekend having incredible make-up sex with Melania, duh
Image
User avatar
guaranteed mediocrity
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 am

Postby table for one » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 pm

like i got a good friend who is a trump dummy and he is still convinced russians had nothing to do w election meddling...swears its suburban white dudes like him from 4chan orchestrating it all

at a certain point its good to have fox news idiots at least know that yeah, that really happened rgiht?
Last edited by table for one on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
table for one
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Postby Hal Jordan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:11 pm

easy wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:"there is no allegation in the indictment" is much, much different than "there are no allegations..."


yeah, and also,

let them have the idea that it may have not worked and that no americans were indicted (yet). it makes sense to let them have that. having that also means accepting that the entire thing actually took place.
table for one wrote:wouldn't it be premature to indict anyone in trump camp with Rs holding all levers?


man like everyone has forgotten already that we have multiple indictments of americans. flynn, papa, gates, manafort. they were all closely connected to the campaign!
well that was intense
User avatar
Hal Jordan
 
Posts: 21289
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Postby Contristo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:11 pm

i'm just irritated that the narrative among Trumpers will seamlessly shift to "oh, well the Russians wanted Trump over Hillary - who doesn't!? - and some Russian hackers did some things, but Donald never knew, per the DOJ!" while completely disregarding the past year+ of them denying anything at all related to Russian interference, even something as relatively small as Russians buying anti-Hillary/pro-Trump ads on social media.

i should probably stop getting irritated and just start ignoring them tho.
Last edited by Contristo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Contristo
 
Posts: 8164
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:11 pm

weird how the WH just never ended up having another briefing this week!
User avatar
Buzz Fledderjohn
 
Posts: 20990
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Postby easy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Hal Jordan wrote:
easy wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:"there is no allegation in the indictment" is much, much different than "there are no allegations..."


yeah, and also,

let them have the idea that it may have not worked and that no americans were indicted (yet). it makes sense to let them have that. having that also means accepting that the entire thing actually took place.
table for one wrote:wouldn't it be premature to indict anyone in trump camp with Rs holding all levers?


man like everyone has forgotten already that we have multiple indictments of americans. flynn, papa, gates, manafort. they were all closely connected to the campaign!


I ...have not forgotten this?
User avatar
easy
does it
 
Posts: 45028
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby Hal Jordan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm

GOOD!!
well that was intense
User avatar
Hal Jordan
 
Posts: 21289
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], boatwave, brittle, crash.landing, deep blue meanies, donna martin, Frippinion, gallits, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], ihateoutdoors, josh, No Good Advice, pablito, pillars, sconies, serp, sideshow raheem, smartphone, THB, the soccer return believer