Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 pm

if you set up something like Burning Man and put it in the interior midwest and basically made it the anti whatever that middle manager festival in NYC was a few weeks back you could make that the flashpoint

wait

shit

Sissy Spacerock

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:20 pm

the NYT's hot pol goss aside, that mcgahn development seems pretty juicy

what the fuck could they talk about for 30+ hours. i have a hard time talking to someone for 30+ minutes unless it's about twin peaks: the return.
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Durham » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:24 pm

Durham

Postby Big Oil » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:10 am

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:what the fuck could they talk about for 30+ hours.

emptywheel sez

Big Oil

Postby comet » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 am

Cronos wrote:
saranclaps wrote:i do the contact import thing for twitter

Set up an Android VM. There was a free one I tried once a few years ago that was super slow but it should be perfect for sending Instagram messages to elected officials.

Bluestacks
ver_rare: predatory straight dudes are afraid of buttstuff
comet
Someguy Devotee

Postby saranclaps » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 am

Durham wrote:Image
Chiroc x David Lynch
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby palmer eldritch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:47 am

I think wheel is in fact empty at this point
palmer eldritch

Postby saranclaps » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:16 am

I'm using a 2011 macbook pro. It doesn't have the GPU for Bluestacks and Bluestacks seemed to install some weird shit when I tried to use it because I needed an Android thing for some bug bounty stuff.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby Barthes Starr » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:47 am

Sissy Spacerock wrote:the absence of the ability to manifest comfort because of technology and literal noise etc. is absolutely a compounding factor in the ruination of American public life and a contributing factor to this disagency i've been trying to map out: a person feels powerless to manifest comfort, calm, "bliss out," etc. it is a form of domination.

sissy have you read jacques attali's book Noise?
Barthes Starr

Postby Mesh » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:03 am

Barthes Starr wrote:
Sissy Spacerock wrote:the absence of the ability to manifest comfort because of technology and literal noise etc. is absolutely a compounding factor in the ruination of American public life and a contributing factor to this disagency i've been trying to map out: a person feels powerless to manifest comfort, calm, "bliss out," etc. it is a form of domination.

Here is a paragraph I wrote for a CD review 12 years ago.

Add CD packaging art that brings intercourse, astronomy, and cute little forest creatures enigmatically together, and you've got one complex and unexpected 16th album. Sexteen is a mitigated success and not nearly Home's best effort. But it proves itself so maturely sexual and self-aware, so happily derivative and vulgar, it helped me be truly, rightly horrified, maybe for the first time, by "Better run girl!/ You're much too young, girl!" as it crept down from supermarket PA speakers toward innocents below.
...brewed into the common yeast of the waves.
Mesh

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 am

palmer eldritch wrote:I think wheel is in fact empty at this point

she's gone off a pretty long limb with the stone stuff in particular and we won't really know until it's over how right/wrong she's been
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Franco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:54 am

W O W
Franco

Postby DasLofGang » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 am

roger stone does not seem sufficiently intelligent to be able to pull off whatever he's being accused of at any given point, but then you could say that about pretty much all of these asswipes
heaven’s full of murderers
DasLofGang

Postby Hal Jordan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:03 am

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

she's gone off a pretty long limb with the stone stuff in particular and we won't really know until it's over how right/wrong she's been

Her certainty in saying"no idiots, this is the real focus" is p annoying considering she is speculating
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby Hal Jordan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:08 am

DasLofGang wrote:roger stone does not seem sufficiently intelligent to be able to pull off whatever he's being accused of at any given point, but then you could say that about pretty much all of these asswipes

Eh. Hes been doing this stuff since the 70s, im sure he is involved in a lot of dirty stuff that he never figured he would be held accountable for or thinks is in an unreachable grey area, including the guccifer 2.0 stuff
Last edited by Hal Jordan on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 am

agreed on that one (re: hal on marcy)
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby delgriffith » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 am

Hal Jordan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:

Her certainty in saying"no idiots, this is the real focus" is p annoying considering she is speculating

delgriffith

Postby Franco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Franco

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:04 pm

:?

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Durham » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:15 pm

I want those reawakened Siberian melted ice diseases to let loose on me
Durham

Postby badhat » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:22 pm

rudy on fox news as donald trumps legal council calling someone else an opportunist political hack
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby Franco » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Durham wrote:

I want those reawakened Siberian melted ice diseases to let loose on me

I saw Siberian Melted Ice disease headline at blahhhhdnpslsnxhr
Franco

Postby important dentist » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:12 pm

so i got invited on facebook to a counter-protest for a "protest against left-wing terrorism" at the state capitol this weekend. the event admin posted to solicit donations of water for the counter-protestors, and one lady responded saying she could bring two cases and what were they planning on doing about ice. i, as a joke, responded "abolish ice" and she tagged me in a reply calling me "stupid." for some reason the event admin started getting involved, the lady got really defensive and said she just wanted to bring water for "the movement" and that she was a "patriot" and "how dare you question me" which got everyone riled up. when i got those notifications i checked her profile, which has only existed since may of this year, and she had had some sort of meltdown and changed her profile picture to four or five different pictures of the confederate flag/confederate monuments. later that day she deleted her account.

did i accidentally out a russian asset

why is everything so weird now
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:37 pm

The nice boy alliance is solidifying, to the delight of boomer women everywhere

Avenatti/Comey 2020, Brian at State, Ed at Treasury
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 pm

what
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby DasLofGang » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:04 pm

the rule of law kinda can blow me tbh
heaven’s full of murderers
DasLofGang

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Barthes Starr wrote:

no, but now i'm going to

the overview i looked at was pretty detached and academic but it looks as though an argument may be presented that the limitations of time imposed on a person through capitalistic wage/labor exchange cause a person to become aware of their temporal limitations on a subconscious level and drive them to seek to maximize value from what cultural commodities are known and available to them (i.e. bullshit), inherently limiting the available forms and varieties of expression that may potentially produce desirable outcomes (getting paid, social recognition) for artists/performers under the same financial constraints through the creation of a feedback loop that nearly exclusively materially rewards what is essentially Ableton Taylorism and which absolutely excludes explicitly political work

poptimism is neo-liberalism for failsons with a need to insert themselves into the Cat 5 toilet swirl of contemporary cultural product criticism and is as potent as the hoisting of an Epic Voldemort Bacon is Cheeto Drumpf sign in a sea of graphic T-shirts and advertisements. the Fantanistas (Fantanoists? Fanta Boyz?) could be reviewing individually sealed wipes to shine the rims of a car or tropical chewing gum. public music's repetition and narrowcasting have an effect not unlike the brute force Trumpist (and really, the Republicans have been incredible at this for going on 50 years) approach to diction: hyperspecific language used without apology over and over and over again to the point of overwhelming the already-compromised faculties of the end viewer/listener/reader.

if you strip a person of their ability to meditate, in this instance meaning the ability to calmly reflect or recollect or reconsider (reasoning, basically), it should come as no surprise that you have a population of people who do not act on reason or consideration and instead react at a base, emotional level on impulses founded in deep cultural tribalism born of social segregation and disjointed or nonexistent community life

rip the speakers out
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 pm

we are all very anxious and nervous all of the time

the coming of a surveillance state will further agitate that

you know how naive young children whose wide-eyed and genuine belief in an omniscient and omnipresent god always had that half-second's delay about their actions and speech, like they were hoping that god was momentarily distracted as they considered allowing the fissure of a potentially taboo thought to spoken language (this kind of thinking turns into magical thinking re: "the F-word" in childhood and turns into becoming a Giant Suburban Toddler Who's Fucking Afraid of Everything if left unchecked), but being aware of the fissure price that the Lord may demand they'd just sort of short-circuit and become necessarily limited versions of themselves?

well god is in the machine, man

Sissy Spacerock

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:48 pm

BREAK
OF THE EDGE CRUSHER

BREAK OF THE EDGE CRUSHER

BREAK
OF THE
EDGE
CRUSHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:24 pm

uh

badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....