ride.

Postby mcwop23 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:51 am

you need to streamline your fb feed so it’s just rescue dogs and boarders
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby freezinseason » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:01 am

jewels wrote:I’ve been thinking a lot about why I’m not big on celebrating the death of bad people, I don’t know the answer.

*shrugging* gotta celebrate somethin'
freezinseason

Postby tgk » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:01 am

mcwop23 wrote:you need to streamline your fb feed so it’s just rescue dogs and boarders

Seconded
tgk

Postby jewels » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 am

Boarder collies
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:32 am

Classic Dog Avatars
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby murray st. » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:14 am

murray st.

Postby dubs » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:34 am

jewels wrote:I’m not big on dancing on the grave reactions, but I die a little every time I read “I might not have agreed with many of your politics but ...”

And my Facebook feed is depressingly full of them.

I’ve been thinking a lot about why I’m not big on celebrating the death of bad people, I don’t know the answer.

Look at it this way, there’s one less bad person in the world. It’s ok. Celebrate.
dubs

Postby terminus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:42 am

i love rejecting hero worship
terminus

Postby husbands » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:46 am

c ya later, john mccrap
ROLL COAL
husbands

Postby grayfox » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:47 am

Does anyone have an article that talks about McCain sending the don't ask don't tell troops out and only giving them half their benefits, like someone else mentioned earlier.
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby Bartatua » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 am

murray st. wrote:

ty for ur service
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby McNulty Just Farted » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:58 am

Goodwill tributes and lionizing people after their death is just a reaction to collected human fear/dread of our own mortality. The man lived his allotted portion of life like we all do and blinked out like we all will and there's nothing special about that transition. He might have lived much of his adult life in the public arena in the name of public service, but most of the service he ended up delivering ended up making other people's lives worse. That's the difference. He undoubtedly possessed an inordinate amount of courage when he was younger, but I'd wager that courage he showed as a POW is, at best, equal to the courage a destitute black mother shows when she wakes in the morning and feels that the mass in her breast has doubled in size now and she still gets up and has to go work for tips at some diner because she still has four mouths to feed. She'll die because McCain worked to keep healthcare out of reach for her, and maybe fifty people will ever know she even lived at all. Ditto for the thousands of Iraqi children whose lives were snuffed out without ever having a chance to live more than a few years, let alone be lionized. So what's that courage worth in the end?
all fuckin higgledy piggledy
McNulty Just Farted

Postby mini » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:01 am

McNulty Just Farted wrote:Goodwill tributes and lionizing people after their death is just a reaction to collected human fear/dread of our own mortality. The man lived his allotted portion of life like we all do and blinked out like we all will and there's nothing special about that transition. He might have lived much of his adult life in the public arena in the name of public service, but most of the service he ended up delivering ended up making other people's lives worse. That's the difference. He undoubtedly possessed an inordinate amount of courage when he was younger, but I'd wager that courage he showed as a POW is, at best, equal to the courage a destitute black mother shows when she wakes in the morning and feels that the mass in her breast has doubled in size now and she still gets up and has to go work for tips at some diner because she still has four mouths to feed. She'll die because McCain worked to keep healthcare out of reach for her, and maybe fifty people will ever know she even lived at all. Ditto for the thousands of Iraqi children whose lives were snuffed out without ever having a chance to live more than a few years, let alone be lionized. So what's that courage worth in the end?

good post
mini

Postby McNulty Just Farted » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:02 am

And now his own child - his legacy - can carry on the McCain courage by blustering and obfuscating on tv and working everyday to disenfranchise whoever deserves disenfranchising this week as long as there's a dollar to be made on their backs.
all fuckin higgledy piggledy
McNulty Just Farted

Postby Autarch » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:02 am

yeah mcnulty that's a very good post
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby tgk » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:03 am

People are endlessly posting that clip of mccain cutting off the racist lady do they not realize that saying "no he's a decent man" in response to "he's an Arab" is also racist.
tgk

Postby DasLofGang » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:09 am

say what you will about his politics, but the man made a mean frozen french fry
heaven’s full of murderers
DasLofGang

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:19 am

In a non-McCain note, it's cool that people are finally coming for Salena Zito

thread
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby jewels » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:20 am

I didn’t always agree with his policies, but he put country first when he chose Sarah Palin to be his running mate. She’s everything good about this once great country.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby jewels » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:21 am

Feech La Manna wrote:In a non-McCain note, it's cool that people are finally coming for Salena Zito

thread

Maybe they were coming for people alphabetically
jewels

Postby dubs » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:24 am

McNulty Just Farted wrote:Goodwill tributes and lionizing people after their death is just a reaction to collected human fear/dread of our own mortality. The man lived his allotted portion of life like we all do and blinked out like we all will and there's nothing special about that transition. He might have lived much of his adult life in the public arena in the name of public service, but most of the service he ended up delivering ended up making other people's lives worse. That's the difference. He undoubtedly possessed an inordinate amount of courage when he was younger, but I'd wager that courage he showed as a POW is, at best, equal to the courage a destitute black mother shows when she wakes in the morning and feels that the mass in her breast has doubled in size now and she still gets up and has to go work for tips at some diner because she still has four mouths to feed. She'll die because McCain worked to keep healthcare out of reach for her, and maybe fifty people will ever know she even lived at all. Ditto for the thousands of Iraqi children whose lives were snuffed out without ever having a chance to live more than a few years, let alone be lionized. So what's that courage worth in the end?

Hell ya
dubs

Postby Bartatua » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:26 am

Shalabi wrote:

nice little time capsule of some of his contributions to the formation of our current hellworld
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby iambic » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:27 am

yeah.

I mean I think that collective human fear/dread is kind of valuable and beautiful, and I think reveling in anyone's death is a missed opportunity to experience that shared somberness about what it means to be human and temporal yadda yadda.

but it's insane that people can't do that and also, simultaneously, acknowledge that someone was a shitbird who did immense harm to millions while furthering the interests of a tiny minority of rich assholes.
iambic

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:28 am

Steve Schmidt was complicit in all that shit too, now he wants a big place in the Democratic Party to push President Starbucks
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:39 am

uh what
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby trouble » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:43 am

patriotism is a disease
trouble
ride.

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 am

love to yearn to kill
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby super gas » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am

lol

I told him then that he would most definitely pass the Anne Frank Test. He was unfamiliar with the concept (mildly surprising, given that his best friend was Joe Lieberman). The Anne Frank test, something I learned from a Holocaust survivor almost 40 years ago, is actually a single question: Which non-Jewish friends would risk their lives to hide us should the Nazis ever return?

McCain laughed at the compliment. Then he became serious. “I like to think that in the toughest moments I’d do the right thing, but you never know until you’re tested.

- you would've protected jews during wwii
- i don't know, maybe
super gas

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am

They should call that the Jeff Mangum test
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....