Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby chowder julius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:09 pm

high school students around dc are planning walk-outs for the second day in a row

gwu students are walking out today too apparently
mommy loves you
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby surly » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Frank wrote:Kevin Drum has a pretty good list of metrics on which to judge Trump
1.Miles of wall built on the southern border. (Current number: 0)
2. Number of manufacturing jobs. (Current number: about 12 million)
3.Population of illegal immigrants in the United States. (Current number: about 11 million in 2014)
4. Total federal spending on infrastructure (First term of Obama administration: about $400 billion)
5. Trade deficit. (Current number: $500 billion in 2015)
6. U6 unemployment rate. (Current number: 9.7 percent)
7. Change in net imports from Mexico due to renegotiating NAFTA. (Current number: $60 billion in 2015)
8. Change in net imports from China due to punitive tariffs etc. (Current number: $367 billion in 2015)
9. Tax reductions for working class. (Baseline: 7.9 percent of income for all federal taxes for the second income quintile)
10. Tax reductions for the wealthy. (Baseline: 25.8 percent of income for all federal taxes for the top quintile)

#3 will drop by 2,000 right around inauguration!
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby opi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:10 pm

amblin can you rename the pre-colon part of the thread title "Big League Screwed"
opi
medicine bottle

Postby tgk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Booker's statement on Bannon

Over the course of his campaign, Donald Trump degraded and demeaned Americans, threatened our rights, and attacked the privileges of citizenship. He will have a disastrous presidency if he governs that way, and he must show the American people with words and action how he will change direction. Many have offered to give him a chance to do so, despite his divisive campaigning, and he should not squander that opportunity to unite our nation.
Elevating Steve Bannon—a man who leads a website that promotes truly radical views about race and religion, whose appointment was celebrated by neo-Nazis and denounced by the Anti-Defamation League, and who has been condemned by Republicans and Democrats alike—to one of the highest positions in the White House installs a man with fringe and dangerous ideologies just steps from the Oval Office.
Bannon won't build bridges, he will burn them. He is unfit to advise America's commander-in-chief. Donald Trump should reverse the decision to hire him and chart a different course for the good of the American people.

Hopefully we can get some republicans to repudiate him as well. Hey Mark Kirk, you were anti-trump and are on the way out anyway, why don't you use your voice for something good!
tgk

Postby Big Oil » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:10 pm

chowder julius wrote:i have to do this huge stupid research project about ftc policies under dem and rep presidents for work

i hate this election

Reading serious experts respond to this thing on Twitter is depressing as fuck and drives home that our problems extend well beyond Trump.

On a related note, I wonder if George Mason University will ever produce "scholars" who aren't cookie-cutter Fed Soc dweebs whose entire argument you already know by virtue of seeing "GMU" next to their name.
Big Oil

Postby surly » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:11 pm

opi wrote:amblin can you rename the pre-colon part of the thread title "large intestine"
surly
the insult bastard

Postby chowder julius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Big Oil wrote:
chowder julius wrote:i have to do this huge stupid research project about ftc policies under dem and rep presidents for work

i hate this election

Reading serious experts respond to this thing on Twitter is depressing as fuck and drives home that our problems extend well beyond Trump.

On a related note, I wonder if George Mason University will ever produce "scholars" who aren't cookie-cutter Fed Soc dweebs whose entire argument you already know by virtue of seeing "GMU" next to their name.

pretty sure this is what originated this research. i'm specifically looking at antitrust enforcement actions and m&a review. kill me
Last edited by chowder julius on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mommy loves you
chowder julius

Postby Marcus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm

this thread means we're more prepared for this presidency than his transition team!
Marcus

Postby Big Oil » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Oh god that fucking guy is Trump's antitrust transition chief I want to die.
Big Oil

Postby forest design » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 pm

forest design

Postby pablito » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:17 pm

forest design wrote:

huge if true
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

Postby kit fox » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 pm

nakedlunch wrote:been thinking about making some bumper stickers for pick up trucks up here in Maine congressional district 2 and so far this is what I have:

Turnip Rutabaga Upland cress Mushroom Potato, (America!)

you're in ME-02?
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 pm

how fast is trump gonna hop on twitter when hillary starts tweeting criticism of his presidency
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby hyperbole man » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:how fast is trump gonna appoint a special prosecutor when hillary starts tweeting criticism of his presidency
hyperbole man
post/username

Postby Kevin McCallister » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

You all ignored me in the last thread. >:(

Kevin McCallister wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:if anyone wants a nice quote to drop on their elected rep's office if you're represented by a Republican, there's this one:

As someone who has never contacted a state rep before, what should I say? "I think this is awful and I would like to know your position and what you intend to do about it?"

Keep in mind that my rep is Bobby Rush, who helped found the Illinois chapter of the Black Panthers, so it should be an easy sell.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

maybe i'm giving them too much benefit of the doubt but i can't imagine house GOPers will be down for spending taxpayers' money on prosecuting an old irrelevant former SOS a year from now
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby tgk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:25 pm

KevMac (crossposted from the volunteer/activism thread)

tgk wrote:I made a bunch of calls last night. my two senators, my congress rep, and then paul ryan and mitch mcconnel. if you're nervous talking off the cuff, write yourself a script. Give them your name, tell them you're a voter in their district/state, demand that they make a statement condemning pres elects choice of noted white supremacist steve bannon, who does not belong anywhere near the white house. I usually end by saying that if you want the country to come together you must reject racism and hatred blah blah blah.

It's also important to remember many of these reps have local and DC offices, so if you can't get through to one try the other.
tgk

Postby Big Oil » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:26 pm

KevMac, the thing with calling a rep/senator is it's less about the particulars of the message (it's just going to be some lowly staffer taking your complaints) and more about its vociferousness and the number of people who complain. Don't worry too much about what to say beyond the broad message of this is a terrible and dangerous choice.
Big Oil

Postby Frank » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:27 pm

lol

Unlike his predecessors, Trump faces or is pursuing a slew of civil lawsuits, perhaps as many as 75....The news is awash with reports that Trump’s lawyers have asked for a delay of proceedings until inauguration, saying the president-elect is now too busy to participate. But it is hard to see how Trump would have more time for this suit after he moves into the White House. Being president is not a part-time job.

....The new president appears doomed to be distracted by his private concerns. Fortunately, a solution is within our grasp. Congress can pass a law that would put these kinds of civil actions on hold while President Trump remains in office. The law would have to provide that any lawsuit against a sitting president or president-elect, filed before or after he or she assumed office, would not proceed until the president left office. Such a law wouldn’t protect the president from impeachment or criminal prosecution, but it would ensure that Trump would not be distracted by civil litigation arising out of his personal life or business interests.
dog diarrhea in my beard
Frank

Postby chowder julius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:28 pm

mommy loves you
chowder julius

Postby whitebelt » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:31 pm

chowder julius wrote:http://dcist.com/2016/11/university_and_high_school_students.php

look at these kickass kids

that's so awesome 8-)
whitebelt

Postby separator » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:31 pm

chowder julius wrote:http://dcist.com/2016/11/university_and_high_school_students.php

This is awesome. Interviewing 9th graders who are more articulate than the trump voters I've spoken to
separator

Postby Amblin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:32 pm

oh good

Amblin

Postby surly » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Amblin wrote:oh good

oh. oh no
surly
the insult bastard

Postby denvermax » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:35 pm

oops
denvermax

Postby Big Oil » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Amblin wrote:oh good

Big Oil

Postby identikit » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:38 pm

that is.. not just bad, but really bad, right?

Is Krobach the anti-immigration asswipe who first drafts phony bills, then defends it in court, loses, and charges, is that Krobach?

(hard to keep up with all these people.)
identikit

Postby sevenarts » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:39 pm

drive that fast wrote:remember when cool teens on maury said they could do anything they want because obamas president now

I mean, Obama is intelligent and knowledgeable and an incredible speaker. It's kind of intimidating.

If anything, Trump should be more inspiring that literally anyone can do anything they want.
sevenarts

Postby red desert » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Loving this. I hope the protests never stop.
red desert

Postby scramble » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:40 pm

scramble

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....