Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby saranclaps » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:36 am

:ryan:
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 am

this is all a nice mini preview of the nightmare that will be 2020
Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby tgk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 am

i was worried about dem enthusiasm and the money faucet slowing down after going so hard for these midterms, but then i remembered people will actually get a chance to vote against trump next time so that will be motivation enough. makes me think we should nominate stone cold steve austin
tgk

Postby tgk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 am

tgk

Postby delgriffith » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:57 am

Pretty bad.
delgriffith

Postby brent » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 am

wtf is happening
brent

Postby Bob511 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

tgk wrote:

The musical-chairs approach to vote tabulation.
universe, you can't play the willfully ignorant, but partisan bleeding heart
Bob511

Postby compatibility mode » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 am

Man, what the hell is going on in broward county?
compatibility mode

Postby jarsilver » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:03 am

I wasn't following the house races that closely but I can't believe I've never heard of lucy mcbath before--genuinely very inspiring story!
jarsilver

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:03 am

looks like the civil war II is about to start in america's wang
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored
Self Destructive Zone

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 am

good thing the people in charge of making sure this gets figured out fairly and safely and transparently are:

-rick scott
-pam bondi
-matt whitaker
-donald trump
-the supreme court
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 am

this whole thing turning into a nice demonstration of how trump is the perfect avatar for what Republicanism always been (well since Nixon or w/e)
palmer eldritch

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 am

i’m ready
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby tgk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:07 am

Self Destructive Zone wrote:looks like the civil war II is about to start in america's wang

eh, this is over a senate seat that doesn't effect control of congress, considering we meekly gave away a presidency in a similar manner i don't see people getting too worked up over this.
tgk

Postby tgk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:07 am

tgk

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 am

but rick scott could lose
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 am

NASTY

wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby incoherent grunting » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 am

rudy is a doody
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby super gas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am

tgk wrote:

lol so in any election the Court should automatically disqualify the ballots from the county that took the longest to count. solid.
super gas

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 am

tgk wrote:
Self Destructive Zone wrote:looks like the civil war II is about to start in america's wang

eh, this is over a senate seat that doesn't effect control of congress, considering we meekly gave away a presidency in a similar manner i don't see people getting too worked up over this.

yes, donald trump never inspires misplaced anger based on deceit
Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby -1 baby... :( » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:16 am

George W Bush's lawyer during the 2000 election is literally representing Andrew Gillum. God I hate these fucking people so much.
Check please!!
-1 baby... :(

Postby tgk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:21 am

i mean that's who i'd want
tgk

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:31 am

one of the crazier parts of this is trump, rubio et. al. claiming it's some vast conspiracy that votes are still being counted in florida while there's millions of outstanding votes across the country in multiple states
Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby -1 baby... :( » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:38 am

What?! Damn you Hillary!!!
Check please!!
-1 baby... :(

Postby shark week » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:58 am

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:one of the crazier parts of this is trump, rubio et. al. claiming it's some vast conspiracy that votes are still being counted in florida while there's millions of outstanding votes across the country in multiple states

they will use any means necessary

The suit filed Wednesday by four county Republican parties alleges that the state's 15 county recorders don't follow a uniform standard for allowing voters to adjust problems with their mail-in ballots, and that two counties improperly allow those fixes after Election Day.

In Maricopa County, along with Apache, Coconino and Pima Counties, voters have five days after an election to fix signature problems on their mailed in ballots, in what is known as the "cure" method.

"We're doing it under my administration. I'm going to make sure if we can cure that under the law which we can then we will," said Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes.

Meanwhile, in other counties, signatures have to be verified by Election Day.

The GOP complained about the issue before Election Day and threatened to sue. The lawsuit alleges that the way things are being done undermines a constitutional guarantee that all Arizonans are entitled to cast a ballot of equal terms, no matter their location within the state.

Democrats, meanwhile, alleged it was attempted voter suppression and that recorders have followed the same procedures for years with no issues. Republicans said it was about following the law and having a timely ballot count.

The sluggish count is a perennial issue for Arizona, but has rarely received such a high level of attention because the GOP-leaning state generally has had few nationally-watched nail-biting contests.

The lawsuit alleges that signature verification must stop when polls close, and seeks an injunction to stop the counting of such ballots that have been verified after then. It's unclear how many of these votes still remain outstanding, but the suit singles out the state's two biggest urban counties, the center of support for Sinema. It says the two counties allow voters to help clear up signature problems up to five days after the election.

The lawsuit is scheduled to be heard Friday, after the next release late Thursday of tallied ballots.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizon ... next-week_
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby Big Oil » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:06 am

Republicans said it was about following the law

https://hmmdaily.com/2018/11/05/tautocracy-in-america/
Big Oil

Postby shark week » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 am

this is such a fucking achievement. it makes me sick to see the GOP attempt to shit on it every step of the way.

It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby deadbass » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 am

loaf angel wrote:
deadbass wrote:The resistance to programs that actually help addicts is so bafflingly stupid. It's been a constant struggle to keep Insite open in Vancouver (first safe injection site in North America) - the federal Conservatives tried to shut it down multiple times but were stopped by the supreme court. This in light of the overwhelming statistics that showed that Insite was decreasing the number of fatal overdoses and transmission of disease in the area. Coincidentally the asshole MP who tried to get it shut down was just brought down by the revelation that he has sexted a ton of women outside his marriage and was being blackmailed by foreign agents over it!

hey do you have any links to the studies or statistics supporting this?

http://www.communityinsite.ca/science.html
deadbass

Postby Merciel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 am

uncledoj wrote:
Merciel wrote:The psychology of inequality book (which I really need to finish summarizing) talks about that.

It doesn't go into trying to explain why this happens, but there's something about having more stuff than other people that makes humans dislike the people with less. The greater the degree of inequality, the more pronounced this tendency becomes.

To look into the eyes of a vulnerable person is to see yourself as you might be. It’s a more harrowing experience than one might readily admit. There is a version of yourself made powerless, status diminished, reliant upon the goodwill of others. One response is empathy: to shore up your reserves of charity and trust, in hopes that others will do the same. Another is denial: If you refuse to believe you could ever be in such a position — perhaps by blaming the frail for their frailty or ascribing their vulnerability to moral failure — then you never have to face such an uncomfortable episode of imagination. You come away disgusted with the weak, but content in the certainty you aren’t among them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/opinions/arlington-texas/?utm_term=.852a06817840

Yeah but it actually goes beyond that, it's not just about being vulnerable or actually poor. Like I said, all these things layer over each other in America, and I don't want to make it sound like I think you're wrong because I don't; I think that is a big and important part of it. Being poor in America means being actually poor, with all the hardships and indignities and desperations that entails.

But also there's a dynamic that is in play even in the absence of material poverty.

I should really get back to summarizing that book. I don't want to derail this thread with too much talk about that other stuff, but I think it dovetails in some ways that might be useful to understand both for electoral politics and for personal self-reflection (at least for me).
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby someguy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:56 am

lol

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Promise-not-to-kill-anyone-After-losing-election-13371485.php?t=5dcf321ab9&utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social

After losing his bench in a Democratic sweep, Harris County Juvenile Court Judge Glenn Devlin released nearly all of the youthful defendants that appeared in front him on Wednesday morning, simply asking the kids whether they planned to kill anyone before letting them go.

"He was releasing everybody," said public defender Steven Halpert, who watched the string of surprising releases. "Apparently he was saying that's what the voters wanted."

The longtime Republican jurist — whose seat was among 59 swept by Democrats in Tuesday's election — is one of two juvenile court judges in Harris County whose track records favoring incarceration contributed heavily to doubling the number of kids Harris County sent to the Texas Juvenile Justice Department in recent years, even as those figures fell in the rest of the state.

A Houston Chronicle investigation last month found that Devlin and Judge John Phillips accounted for more than one-fifth of all children sent to the state's juvenile prisons last year.
apologies
someguy
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....