Twin Peaks Season 3 (May 21st)

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby emotional fascism » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

forest design wrote:
Guys there’s a scene where you candidly watch Lynch seeing Lee walk in the trailer dressed as teenage Laura for the first time, then show her and Kyle a behind the scenes clip from FWWM and starts explaining the new scene to them.

I audibly gasped when she came into that shot. this whole package is a gift.
emotional fascism

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am

got this yesterday. so excited to dig in.

tbh though if they come out with a later version with normal packaging i may trade up, if i can break even or make money. this one is snazzy and shiny but i like regular disc cases and those angles on the cover are gonna get so mangled
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am

manvstrees wrote:
Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:my wife just texted me

you have 3 packages
one is blue moose[sic]

8-)

what is this referring too
i only know bloo moose as a controversial netrunner card

bullmoose.com is the site i bought the blu from
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Bad craziness » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:35 pm

found a store cranking out bootleg mugs

Bad craziness

Postby forest design » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:04 pm

the snarl on Lynch’s face as he directs Ike the Spike on how to stab in Tell it Martin is :shock: :ryan:
forest design

Postby forest design » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Gonna go ahead and say this is some of the best supplemental material in a box set that I’ve ever encountered.
forest design

Postby OKterrific » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:04 pm

a wrong has been made right, and the sun is shining bright

mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby Durham » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm

OKterrific wrote:durham I don't think you're gettin it on Thursday buddy

no buddy not really, i got it :D
Durham

Postby Percy Dovetonsils » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Does anyone know if the bluray is actually coming out in Australia this year. I can't see any announcement and it's cutting close to ordering an overseas copy.
Percy Dovetonsils

Postby emotional fascism » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:17 pm

okay I finished all of the documentaries on the bonus disc and as fantastic as they are I'm a bit disappointed. how did they not get any footage of the scenes w/coop and laura in snoqualmie? nothing in the RR diner? nothing with harry dean? or the set-up with the jeffries tea kettle? how about constructing the convenience store? (though the radio station was bad.ass.)

instead we get rolling footage of the fusco bros over and over and too much stuff in vegas in general. don't get me wrong, I loved just about all of it, but man I would have loved some footage with some of the above.
emotional fascism

Postby Esteban » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:37 pm

I'd imagine Lynch was more wary of keeping those scenes under wraps than the Vegas stuff. Especially after coop & laura being at the original house was reported pretty early in production.
Esteban

Postby belgavin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 am

Percy Dovetonsils wrote:Does anyone know if the bluray is actually coming out in Australia this year. I can't see any announcement and it's cutting close to ordering an overseas copy.

I checked this on the blu-ray.com forum a little while ago and it seems like it isn't getting released in Oz at all
belgavin

Postby Percy Dovetonsils » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 am

well shit
Percy Dovetonsils

Postby forest design » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:25 am

emotional fascism wrote:okay I finished all of the documentaries on the bonus disc and as fantastic as they are I'm a bit disappointed. how did they not get any footage of the scenes w/coop and laura in snoqualmie? nothing in the RR diner? nothing with harry dean? or the set-up with the jeffries tea kettle? how about constructing the convenience store? (though the radio station was bad.ass.)

instead we get rolling footage of the fusco bros over and over and too much stuff in vegas in general. don't get me wrong, I loved just about all of it, but man I would have loved some footage with some of the above.

I’m only through about half of them, but honestly I’m surprised that any of it exists. Didn’t know what to expect when the titles were released back when, but I didn’t expect it to be anywhere near as good as it is.
forest design

Postby Eyeball Kid » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Seeing stuff like

is helping to tide me over until I actually get the set
Eyeball Kid

Postby walt whitman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm

damn yea this seems like the only proper way of spending the holidays
walt whitman

Postby emotional fascism » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:09 pm

forest design wrote:
emotional fascism wrote:okay I finished all of the documentaries on the bonus disc and as fantastic as they are I'm a bit disappointed. how did they not get any footage of the scenes w/coop and laura in snoqualmie? nothing in the RR diner? nothing with harry dean? or the set-up with the jeffries tea kettle? how about constructing the convenience store? (though the radio station was bad.ass.)

I’m only through about half of them, but honestly I’m surprised that any of it exists. Didn’t know what to expect when the titles were released back when, but I didn’t expect it to be anywhere near as good as it is.

yeah, it's still all 100% amazing that we even got it and it's real fun to watch. i didn't mean to sound like it wasn't worthwhile because it absolutely is. I'm just so much more attached to Sheryl Lee and Madchen Amik and Dana Ashbrook than I am to Rob Corddry or Tom Sizemore (as I'm sure most in this thread are)...
emotional fascism

Postby emotional fascism » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm

also, i was really concerned about Lynch's health after watching all of this. dude smokes so much and has a perpetual smokers hacking cough.
emotional fascism

Postby spix et chicho » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm

I personally love Rob Corddry in "Ballers" and of course in "Twin Peaks: The Return", a TV show which he is definitely in.
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby forest design » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm

emotional fascism wrote:also, i was really concerned about Lynch's health after watching all of this. dude smokes so much and has a perpetual smokers hacking cough.

Ha, yeah. But he’s been doing that for decades. Many decades.
forest design

Postby Disko aka Disco » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 pm

spix et chicho wrote:I personally love Rob Corddry in "Ballers" and of course in "Twin Peaks: The Return", a TV show which he is definitely in.

Rob was the best thing about The Return, no question...that I can say without a doubt.
Disko aka Disco

Postby generic » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 pm

madness and chaos wrote:Will someone let me know when this is leaked fully? I'm not sure what site to check

check db later tonight
generic

Postby madness and chaos » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 pm

generic wrote:
madness and chaos wrote:Will someone let me know when this is leaked fully? I'm not sure what site to check

check db later tonight

:ryan: :awful:

so many thanks
Roberto Bolaño's chair
madness and chaos

Postby Gnarls » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:59 pm

"Dougie...what's gotten into you?" - Jason (Rob Corrdry)
Gnarls

Postby forest design » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:36 am

The more time passes, the more I think Dougie is one of the most impressively conceived and executed characters ever.
forest design

Postby southpaw » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:39 am

madness and chaos wrote:
generic wrote:

check db later tonight

:ryan: :awful:

so many thanks

:ryan:
southpaw

Postby internethandle » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:52 am

internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 am

god i'm only like 15 minutes into 'two blue balls' and am already full on geeking out again

bingo where are you so we can all phile
internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:20 pm

does anyone know what these herzog voice overs are from, or were they recorded for these shorts somehow? is he reading poems/a dream journal of some kind?
internethandle
ok

Postby alex » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:31 pm

alex

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All