Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby FourLegsGood » Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 pm

^ That is my favorite part of the Return.
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby FourLegsGood » Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 pm

GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby OKterrific » Thu May 24, 2018 1:15 pm

mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby mothlight » Thu May 24, 2018 1:35 pm

That's amazing.

LA folks should go to this: http://www.acehotel.com/calendar/losang ... avid-lynch
mothlight

Postby variegated reality » Thu May 24, 2018 2:23 pm

OKterrific wrote:

lol I was at this game and got so excited and I've never seen my wife roll her eyes harder
variegated reality

Postby loaf angel » Thu May 24, 2018 6:10 pm

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/05/24/twin-peaks-the-return-marathon-showtime

"Showtime will air all 18 parts of the Twin Peaks limited series as part of an Emmy For Your Consideration marathon on June 2. The uninterrupted run will begin at 4:35 AM ET/PT and end at 10 PM PT/ET on Showtime 2. The entire series is also available to subscribers on multiple television and streaming providers’ devices, websites and applications and their free On Demand channels."

so does this mean they're potentially eligible for this year's Emmy's? I have no idea how any of this works
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby internethandle » Thu May 24, 2018 6:19 pm

a network has to submit to certain nom categories to be considered is my understanding. here's showtime's submissions for s3 and uh SMILF and uhhh:

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/emmys-2018-showtime-categories-patrick-melrose-smilf-twin-peaks-homeland-news/
internethandle
ok

Postby loaf angel » Thu May 24, 2018 6:24 pm

oh ok I guess I thought they were only eligible last year
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby Alice » Thu May 24, 2018 6:31 pm

I can’t exactly pinpoint why but this scene from FWWM really fucks with me so hard. It just comes out of nowhere. Almost has the same kind of ‘off’ feeling that flows through S3. It really highlights how disconnected from reality Laura became, the way she was seemingly unaffected by the shocking violence she saw seconds earlier is maybe the most horrifying part of the scene. Sheryl Lee plays it perfectly

Alice

Postby light rail coyote » Thu May 24, 2018 6:56 pm

that scene, especially Bobby's horror at Laura's response, really fucked me up the first time I saw it.

the scene where laura is on the lawn crying as Leland walks out of the house is maybe the most horrifying scene I've ever seen in a movie.
light rail coyote

Postby delgriffith » Thu May 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Agreed on both counts. What an incredible movie.
delgriffith

Postby Eyeball Kid » Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Eyeball Kid

Postby Esteban » Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 am

Esteban

Postby tolka » Sat May 26, 2018 10:43 am

a five star post/av
Night porter wrote:Ftr I disagree with myself
tolka
ok

Postby manvstrees » Sat May 26, 2018 10:53 am

as perfect as the final statement was, lynch is much more about these saccharine endings: wild at heart, blue velvet, maybe fire walk with me depending on how you look at it, inland empire, ronnie rocket
as i typed this i was trying to talk myself back into season 4, but that would be awful if there was a judy season that ended up closing the loop
i want another season that winds up ending with the same feelings i got from s2 and s3, ideally
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
manvstrees

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat May 26, 2018 11:02 am

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, are there any serious talks about a fourth season?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby manvstrees » Sat May 26, 2018 11:04 am

nope
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
manvstrees

Postby someguy » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 am

No, the only things we've gotten from Lynch and/or Frost were that they wouldn't rule out a fourth season, but this is more in reference to the fact that anything is possible given the fact that a third season exists at all.

This debate happened in the thread when the season ended but I hope they just leave it alone. The Return is kind of a miracle in itself, and in a way I look at that cut to black at the finale as the show's world collapsing in on itself/shutting off for good.
apologies
someguy
ok

Postby FourLegsGood » Sat May 26, 2018 11:15 am

We still talk about this every day over a year later.
FourLegsGood

Postby manvstrees » Sat May 26, 2018 11:19 am

while on one hand this was perfect, on the other there is zero threat that more would take away from it and would be anything other than more jaw dropping lynch material in the most exciting world in fiction
manvstrees

Postby forest design » Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 am

manvstrees wrote:while on one hand this was perfect, on the other there is zero threat that more would take away from it and would be anything other than more jaw dropping lynch material in the most exciting world in fiction

Same. I felt pretty much this way at the start of season 3. There are few other artists I trust as thoroughly as I do Lynch at this point.
forest design

Postby NegativeCapability » Sun May 27, 2018 10:53 am

Just saw this cool theory on the twin peaks reddit that I really like which goes deeper on a thing I noticed before but didn't think was that significant:

[ALL] The Jumping Man & Phillip Jeffries (spoiler)

We see three shots of The Jumping Man in the convenience store - once in FWWM and twice in The Return (Parts 15 & 17). All three shots are connected to Phillip Jeffries.

Jeffries tells the tale of his experience witnessing one of their meetings.

After Mr. C tells The Woodsman he's looking for Phillip Jeffries we see an image of The Jumping Man with the face of Sarah Palmer.

After Phillip Gerard and Cooper ascend the staircase to meet with Jeffries, The Jumping Man appears and descends down the same staircase.

If The Jumping Man is a talisman come to life, perhaps he is responsible for imprisoning Jeffries within The Dutchman, to protect Judy. Jeffries was hot to find Judy, traveling back and forth in time, collecting information, even spying on one of the meetings above the convenience store. What is a Dutchman (other than a reference to The Flying Dutchman) anyway?

'a piece or wedge inserted to hide the fault in a badly made joint, to stop an opening, etc.'

So to stop the 'opening' or portal(s) that Jeffries was utilizing to track Judy, The Jumping Man inserted Jeffries into 'The Machine' within The Dutchman.

Jeffries is still able to communicate with the outside world but maybe the information he is giving is being manipulated. He may think he's parsing out correct information but it's going through the filter of the spirits that are holding him captive. "It's slippery in here."
Greta Van Fleet
NegativeCapability

Location: earth rocking in undisclosed location in filthy Europe

Postby manvstrees » Sun May 27, 2018 7:46 pm

rocking knifestyles summer in the white lodge now
really doing it for me again
manvstrees

Postby Stuntman » Sun May 27, 2018 11:38 pm

Stuntman
AKA Ron

Postby internethandle » Mon May 28, 2018 12:01 am

hot david lynch goss: my dad's therapist friend is somewhat moneyed (or more accurately associates with the moneyed, therapist guy is upper middle class, probably) and knows a couple whose child goes to school/is a playmate with lynch's kid, and they say that when they're out with lynch and his wife they all have to stop if lynch sees something on the street or in the surrounding environment that he wants to contemplate/take a picture of/whatever. so they'll just be walking along and he'll start to study a step down transformer or an embankment or something and they just give him as much time as he needs and they all then wordlessly move on.
internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Mon May 28, 2018 3:53 am

internethandle
ok

Postby Eyeball Kid » Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 am

The avatar helps, but I've been reading Russ Tamblyn's new Twitter in modern-day Jacoby's voice:

Eyeball Kid

Postby Bad craziness » Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 pm

hell yeah
Bad craziness

Postby NegativeCapability » Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:

:ryan:
Greta Van Fleet
NegativeCapability

Location: earth rocking in undisclosed location in filthy Europe

Postby futurist » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:01 pm

https://lightcone.org/en/film-1544-a-touch-of-venus

need to watch more David Wharry to get familiar but this may be something to chew on

futurist

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.