Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby manvstrees » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:20 pm

japanese trailer just saved my life
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.
manvstrees

Postby warmjets » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:08 pm

really good shit
warmjets

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Oh my god
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:26 pm

The clip selection is just bonkers in the best possible way
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby variegated reality » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 am

I just got back from the book talk and he acknowledged a season 4 in a much more direct way than I was expecting. Someone asked him about where Carrie Page is now or if he knew what her current situation was or something like that. And DKL paused for about ten seconds and replied that he had an idea but there was a lot of static in the way.
variegated reality

Postby internethandle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 am

that's pretty cool although i don't know if i'd count that as "acknowledging season 4"
internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 am

holy shit just watched the japanese trailer
internethandle
ok

Postby pzadvance » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 am

internethandle wrote:that's pretty cool although i don't know if i'd count that as "acknowledging season 4"

I feel like it was actually even less explicitly about s4 than that, didn’t he say something like “there is a signal, but there’s a lot of static”? I kinda thought he might just be acting cute about the idea that Carrie is in some inaccessible place
pzadvance

Postby variegated reality » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:54 am

Yeah I mean he wasn't like, "yep Season 4, 2019!" but he's been so dismissive of even acknowledging that there could be more, I took it to mean that he has ideas for what more Twin Peaks could be. To me the static is the mass of hurdles it would take to get anything written and then made. I really don't season more Twin Peaks happening, and I would rather him make something new anyway.
variegated reality

Postby pzadvance » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Here’s the full verbatim, for anyone who’s interested:
Kristine McKenna: Where is Carrie Page right now?

David Lynch: No idea.

KM: Is she waiting for you to get back to her?

DL: I say, it’s calling… but the signal has a lot of disturbances.
pzadvance

Postby internethandle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 pm

variegated reality wrote:To me the static is the mass of hurdles it would take to get anything written and then made.

i suppose this is a possibility, and i don't mean to be pouring water on the idea of s4 particularly, but that "static" really just sounds to me like lynch speaking to his creative introspection process re: "ideas". he'll often talk about the ideas presenting themselves to him, but sometimes they're unclear or obscured in some way (he's said something like they're in "another room"), and if i'm remembering correctly, he'll say there are ways he can sort of coax them into a more realized form, but ultimately he's deferent to how the ideas dictate the course of the work. as i type this i'm realizing that can mean he's saying he's not shutting the door, though! i'm sure the actual logistics of doing another season also weigh on his mind, but i'm fairly sure showtime will give him nearly anything he wants at this point.
internethandle
ok

Postby variegated reality » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Yeah, I agree with all of that internethandle. I guess this seemed to me like confirmation that he has some loose ideas for more TP, but like you said, they are far from fully formed. And when people have asked him about a season 4 he has said he's open to it, but never anything more than that. I dunno. I really think TP is done, season 3 as a whole feels so complete to me.

pzadvance, is there a complete transcript somewhere?
variegated reality

Postby variegated reality » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm

That Brando story about the tomato and banana is p crazy
variegated reality

Postby forest design » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Man, the Lynch chapters in this are so good.

We skied at this place called Bogus Basin, which was eighteen miles away, up these winding mountain roads, and it was real good snow, much better than in Sun Valley. It was small, but when you're a kid it seemed real big. In the summer you could work off your season pass by doing a few days of work at Bogus Basin, clearing brush and doing stuff. We were up there working one summer when we found this dead, bloated cow by a stream. We had these pickaxes, so we thought we'd try to pop this cow. One side of a pickax is kind of a blade and the other end is a pointed piece of steel, so we slammed the pointed end of one of these things into the cow, but as soon as it hit we realized we were in trouble. You'd bang the pickax into this cow and it would fly off of this thing--it could've killed somehboy. The cow would fart when you hit it really hard, and it was a poisonous odor because it was decaying, but we could not pop this cow. I think we gave up. I don't know why we wanted to pop it. You know, kids...you want to do stuff.
forest design

Postby odilon redon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Meeps wrote:
looselimbs wrote:
love that swery loves s3

The trailer for the Japanese home release is pretty cool

yeah, this is the coolest thing
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm

thinking about how both this and the new Star Wars having a situation where our main dude is lost/different and like, one could easily complain about the lack of cooper in this, or that Luke in TLJ is like "supposed to be more important/hopeful/whatever" and both of those things end up being sort of like, ABOUT that?

I dunno I'm sure this doesn't hold up.

but also i was remembering all the talk of like "what's gonna wake coop up?" and it wasn't coffee or pie or the peaks hotel key, or the owl or the word "agent", but it was hearing his friend's name :)
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby pzadvance » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm

variegated reality wrote:pzadvance, is there a complete transcript somewhere?

Not that I can find, but looks like someone uploaded audio of the full talk:
pzadvance

Postby Quigley » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:42 pm

forest design wrote:Man, the Lynch chapters in this are so good.

We skied at this place called Bogus Basin, which was eighteen miles away, up these winding mountain roads, and it was real good snow, much better than in Sun Valley. It was small, but when you're a kid it seemed real big. In the summer you could work off your season pass by doing a few days of work at Bogus Basin, clearing brush and doing stuff. We were up there working one summer when we found this dead, bloated cow by a stream. We had these pickaxes, so we thought we'd try to pop this cow. One side of a pickax is kind of a blade and the other end is a pointed piece of steel, so we slammed the pointed end of one of these things into the cow, but as soon as it hit we realized we were in trouble. You'd bang the pickax into this cow and it would fly off of this thing--it could've killed somehboy. The cow would fart when you hit it really hard, and it was a poisonous odor because it was decaying, but we could not pop this cow. I think we gave up. I don't know why we wanted to pop it. You know, kids...you want to do stuff.

Fuck.
Quigley

Postby odilon redon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:01 pm

He is undecided about Donald Trump. “He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way.” While Trump may not be doing a good job himself, Lynch thinks, he is opening up a space where other outsiders might. “Our so-called leaders can’t take the country forward, can’t get anything done. Like children, they are. Trump has shown all this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/23/david-lynch-gotta-be-selfish-twin-peaks

sort of unsurprising but still disappointing that he’s still an idiot politically
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby internethandle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:04 pm

yeah he's really in a bubble in that regard
internethandle
ok

Postby odilon redon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:04 pm

There is another striking scene from childhood. One night, Lynch writes, he encountered a beautiful naked woman walking down the street, bruised and traumatised. “It was so incredible. It seemed to me that her skin was the colour of milk, and she had a bloodied mouth.” He was too young or too transfixed to find out who she was before she vanished.
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby internethandle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 pm

^he talks about that in the art life in more detail. iirc she basically appeared out of nowhere emerging from the dark in his idyllic hyper-suburban 50's neighborhood while he was outside playing with his friends and sort of stumbled across the road then back into the darkness.
internethandle
ok

Postby forest design » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:11 pm

The early parts of the book talk about a guy named Bushnell Keeler that Lynch rented studio space from who would come by and critique his drawings and paintings and give him pointers -

forest design

Postby internethandle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:21 pm

yeah he was a painter and lynch's mentor, essentially, also in the art life

this is OLD NEWS, fd. i am disappointed in you, tbh. we even talked about it when s3 was airing! Image
internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:23 pm

internethandle
ok

Postby forest design » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Ok, how's about this:

"At some point I went home to Alexandria and found David working in an art store, sweeping -- David's a great sweeper," said Fisk. "He still likes to sweep, and takes great pride in it..."
forest design

Postby internethandle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:28 pm

yeah ok that's p. good
internethandle
ok

Postby sky cracks open » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Anybody ever gone to the Lynch Festival of Disruption? Is it worth it?

Sorry if this is a retread, I haven’t kept up with this thread.

I’m going to be in LA when it happens. Could be cool to see, but for $200 I would expect a slightly better lineup.

www.festivalofdisruption.com
sky cracks open

Postby evan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm

odilon redon wrote:
He is undecided about Donald Trump. “He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way.” While Trump may not be doing a good job himself, Lynch thinks, he is opening up a space where other outsiders might. “Our so-called leaders can’t take the country forward, can’t get anything done. Like children, they are. Trump has shown all this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/23/david-lynch-gotta-be-selfish-twin-peaks

sort of unsurprising but still disappointing that he’s still an idiot politically

Ugh.

"may not"
evan

Postby Eyeball Kid » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Lynch is basically

Eyeball Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....