Postby variegated reality » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Who do I talk to about changing my terrible name
variegated reality

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:11 pm

i made a Meetin' Dougie In The Lobby playlist which is:

-The original soundtrack that just came out
-Johnny Jewel's Windswept
-Dean Hurley's Anthology Resource Vol. 1
-Most of the Roadhouse tunes and soundtrack tunes except the ones that I didn't like or didn't care about re-experiencing

https://open.spotify.com/user/kyle.arthur.wall/playlist/7G8MuCcOWvcsWTZwMiBDQv
the beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby john plainman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:35 pm

ratbag wrote:
Phils pecker wrote:The head of Showtime expressed his belief that people coming for Twin Peaks would stay for Ray Donovan, The Affair etc (which is pretty lol). I know I at least cancelled my subscription as soon as TP ended. He also said he wasn't interested in having Showtime become a haven for auteur television and argued that their other programming was just as creatively fulfilling. He didn't seem to be too concerned with their cultural standing, just with the number of subscriptions they retained.

This show is probably going to be considered a failure in this regard

Yeah they might as well provide it on-demand if the show is gonna destroy their metrics
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby lostintheair » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:01 pm

sorry if anything has been posted. dude in the 3 kinda sucks but the pin thing is interesting.
Last edited by lostintheair on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous said... lostinthemall is my nicca luv the virgin pron freak numetal never been kissed angsty teen angle this dude stays on point and has been killin it since day one
lostintheair

Postby delgriffith » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:02 pm

What page is it?
delgriffith

Postby variegated reality » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

ratbag wrote:
Phils pecker wrote:The head of Showtime expressed his belief that people coming for Twin Peaks would stay for Ray Donovan, The Affair etc (which is pretty lol). I know I at least cancelled my subscription as soon as TP ended. He also said he wasn't interested in having Showtime become a haven for auteur television and argued that their other programming was just as creatively fulfilling. He didn't seem to be too concerned with their cultural standing, just with the number of subscriptions they retained.

This show is probably going to be considered a failure in this regard

Yeah it was disheartening although he did sound pretty upbeat about the number of subscriptions they initially got. I could be mistaken because I've heard it every which way but Lynch stretched out the money for the original 9 episodes into 18 episodes, right? I can't imagine their initial budget was that large, so the Showtime exec might be down for another round of the experiment. I wonder how many subscriptions they lost midway through the season. Hardly any of my friends watched at all and of the ones that started out watching, most didn't finish and cut their subscription pretty early on.

He didn't outright say anything about not wanting to do more, and didn't have anything bad to say about Lynch (not that he would during the show's run anyway). I think a 4th season ultimately comes down to if Lynch gets ideas that he finds interesting, as has been said in this thread before. Fingers crossed!
variegated reality

Postby variegated reality » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Has Lynch made any post finale public appearances or, even better, given any interviews?
variegated reality

Postby carlagain » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 pm

you guys I live on a houseboat now and its gonna sound like I'm making this up but there's this noise that honestly sounds so much like the noise that opens the season. spacially its really strange the sound moves around me but is clearly in the water. what kind of creature??
carlagain
ride.

Postby Slip N Slide Tragedy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Phils pecker wrote:Has Lynch made any post finale public appearances or, even better, given any interviews?

David Lynch is my friend and he's going to post in this thread on Friday.
Slip N Slide Tragedy

Postby variegated reality » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:37 pm

D U G P A
variegated reality

Postby davideotape » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 am

this is easily the silliest least engaging season for Ray Donovan so they had some bad timing w/that one
davideotape

Postby variegated reality » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 am

D O N O V A N
variegated reality

Postby Excitebike » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 am

had a dream last night where Sarah Palmer/Judy/Mother was chasing me through some dingy basement, goddamnit Lynch
Excitebike

Postby surly » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 am

tell me about this donovan fite club
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby internethandle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 am

Phils pecker wrote:Has Lynch made any post finale public appearances or, even better, given any interviews?

he posted this thing today

https://www.facebook.com/davidlynchoffi ... =2&theater
internethandle
ok

Postby Kev E Fly » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 am

i don't understand what ray donovan is about or why it has an audience.
i think we're getting rid of our subscription after they air that prince 'sign o the times' film.
Kev E Fly

Postby fox » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am

Kev E Fly wrote:i don't understand what ray donovan is about or why it has an audience.
i think we're getting rid of our subscription after they air that prince 'sign o the times' film.

oh god I was too early
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 am

My subscription ends the day before the Prince film. Oh well!
Eyeball Kid

Postby object » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:43 pm

This is a really good podcast. They made a lot of prescient observations in the last episode such as a combination of the various Coopers coming together for the finale, among other things.
object

Postby Poptone » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm

fox wrote:
Kev E Fly wrote:i don't understand what ray donovan is about or why it has an audience.

oh god I was too early

i have a really nice copy of this concert film i can put in the DB
Poptone
cat fan

Postby emotional fascism » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:43 pm

reddit bro posted about Lynch getting asked about S4 during an online skype call: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... call_with/

"An hour before the Skype call, there was a screening of the documentary "Meditation, Creativity, Peace", so most of the questions were related to the topic of transcendental meditation, but some guy from the crowd shouted "ARE WE GETTING THE FOURTH SEASON???", to which David replied, "It's too early to talk about that, if it were to happen, you wouldn't see anything in the next 2 or 3 years, because the last season took 5 years to make."
emotional fascism

Postby creedence tapes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Hm 2 3 5
That equals ten, the number of completion
creedence tapes

Postby variegated reality » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:18 pm

emotional fascism wrote:reddit bro posted about Lynch getting asked about S4 during an online skype call: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... call_with/

"An hour before the Skype call, there was a screening of the documentary "Meditation, Creativity, Peace", so most of the questions were related to the topic of transcendental meditation, but some guy from the crowd shouted "ARE WE GETTING THE FOURTH SEASON???", to which David replied, "It's too early to talk about that, if it were to happen, you wouldn't see anything in the next 2 or 3 years, because the last season took 5 years to make."

Yeah that makes sense. I'd like to think dude has more to explore in this world and that he and Frost will have finished the script by the time we start to hear anything. Also hopeful that he has some momentum propelling him forward, even though the Return was written two years ago now.
variegated reality

Postby Annie May » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Damn. I hope fans aren't gonna continue to be huge assholes to lynch about this
Annie May

Postby OKterrific » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 pm

I mean anything thats not "the story's done/ I dont have any ideas" is very encouraging imo. Who cares how long it takes.
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby variegated reality » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Yeah absolutely, the only thing is his A G E
variegated reality

Postby i am rich » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 pm

i loved this but am i the only one who wants lynch to do another standalone feature film?
i am rich

Postby bongo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:26 pm

are we in dugpa agreement here that sarah palmer is the little girl down the lane and that phrasing refers her as the big swallowing girl in e8
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.