Twin Peaks Season 3 (May 21st)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Poptone » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 am

my gf's mom knitted me this awesome scarf cos it's cold when traveling between dimensions

Image
User avatar
Poptone
cat fan
 
Posts: 18107
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?

Postby forest design » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Amazing haha I love that
User avatar
forest design
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:45 am

Postby meanie shrubs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Why are people still talking about this show?
User avatar
meanie shrubs
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 am

Postby Bartatua » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 pm

u r
i broke somebody's ribs
User avatar
Bartatua
 
Posts: 21092
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Postby manvstrees » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

What the fuckin fuck
Flutehampton will turn out to have always been relished by women who dwell in or near to the past. This is where The Little Reptiles were digitally collected. In recent decades it has become a popular photographic background whenever a maverick cop marries a hooker with a heart of gold.
User avatar
manvstrees
 
Posts: 15989
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: brooklyn

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:49 pm

badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 70992
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby OKterrific » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm

yeah. I think something will happen eventually.

anyone go to the MOMA thing?
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
User avatar
OKterrific
our rachel maddow
 
Posts: 17613
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 pm
Location: Yes, please.

Postby warmhouse » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 pm

did anyone see on dugpa or reddit, someone had re-tinted the return to make it match FWWM colour-wise? it looked a lot moodier and i really liked it, cant find it
User avatar
warmhouse
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Postby mead » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:28 pm

need a dougie guided meditation in my life
User avatar
mead
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 pm
Location: la brea tar pits

Postby OKterrific » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 pm

James Has Always Been Cool

Image
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
User avatar
OKterrific
our rachel maddow
 
Posts: 17613
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 pm
Location: Yes, please.

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:34 pm

Motorcycle boy has always been cool
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
User avatar
spix et chicho
 
Posts: 22244
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: montreal

Postby delgriffith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:36 pm

OKterrific wrote:yeah. I think something will happen eventually.

anyone go to the MOMA thing?

It sold out before I had a chance to get any tickets and going to a standby line in this weather was a non-option for me :( Really bummed.
User avatar
delgriffith
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Postby someguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Was told by several people the experience was pretty shitty anyway, lots of knowing laughter throughout that made it feel more like a sitcom
apologies
User avatar
someguy
ok
 
Posts: 14534
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Postby delgriffith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm

someguy wrote:Was told by several people the experience was pretty shitty anyway, lots of knowing laughter throughout that made it feel more like a sitcom

Ohhhh, that's what your tweet was about.
User avatar
delgriffith
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Postby delgriffith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Well I feel better now.
User avatar
delgriffith
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:49 pm

it was meant to be watched alone in a darkened bare apartment
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
User avatar
spix et chicho
 
Posts: 22244
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: montreal

Postby bongo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:50 pm

BUCKHORN
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar
bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 68759
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Malaise (Live Acoustic)

Postby brentwurst » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:14 pm

got the blu ray right before christmas

i didn't watch 3 and 4 as one feature, is it as good as the premiere when structured that way? i'd never watch 1 and 2 on their own at this point.
User avatar
brentwurst
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: chicago

Postby worrywort » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

that's one of those things you're just gonna have to decide for yourself
User avatar
worrywort
 
Posts: 11943
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: california

Postby internethandle » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:26 pm

i just received the blu ray

going over to my parents later to watch this on their system after it gets dark while they're gone. it's going to be very loud and solitary.

brentmoney i'm going to watch them as the feature option - like prob. most in here i streamed them a week early and didn't watch on showtime proper (so, not as a feature), so it'll be interesting to see how i receive that after i watch 1&2 in the same manner
User avatar
internethandle
ok
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: Buffy moogoo bafoom!!! No.

Postby internethandle » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:29 pm

i think i'm most excited to see the (rather low def) coop falling through the void sequence on a big OLED in hi-def and surround more than anything else for whatever reason
User avatar
internethandle
ok
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: Buffy moogoo bafoom!!! No.

Postby warmhouse » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:18 pm

the drone shots in the extras features are amazing. getting really into that slow swimming above those behemoth landscapes
User avatar
warmhouse
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Postby emotional fascism » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm

finished this for the third time again tonight.

still think only 2 missteps in the whole thing and they are both musical: Viva Las Vegas and Lissie.
User avatar
emotional fascism
 
Posts: 8127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Postby loaf angel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:13 am

fuck fargo
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
User avatar
loaf angel
 
Posts: 29687
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Jerklyn

Postby forest design » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:27 am

internethandle wrote:i think i'm most excited to see the (rather low def) coop falling through the void sequence on a big OLED in hi-def and surround more than anything else for whatever reason



I’ve been wavering on whether to spend the money on an OLED (I got a decent 50” LCD about 2 years ago - it’s good, but doesn’t have HDR) and this exact sequence may put me over the edge
User avatar
forest design
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:45 am

Postby forest design » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 am

emotional fascism wrote:finished this for the third time again tonight.

still think only 2 missteps in the whole thing and they are both musical: Viva Las Vegas and Lissie.



Still ride for Lissie.
User avatar
forest design
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:45 am

Postby internethandle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 am

god this was so miraculous. the compositional complaints voiced by some philes seem even more baffling when watching this on a good system/not my computer monitor. really dig the terrifying menu screens, too.

forest design wrote:I’ve been wavering on whether to spend the money on an OLED (I got a decent 50” LCD about 2 years ago - it’s good, but doesn’t have HDR) and this exact sequence may put me over the edge


it's really loud and amazing in surround. and yeah the OLED almost is too good. like they have such a high refresh rate (200hz?) that i was shitwatching guardians of the galaxy vol. 2 on xmas day on it and it rendered the CGI like it was sharknado or something. apparently it has a name - "soap opera effect" - and is caused by an algorithm in the TV's that interpolates the frames, which causes things to look both smooth but also enhances the artifice d/t disparities between the FPS of a movie/show versus the TV's capabilities (or something along these lines, i'm really not very well versed in any of this stuff). anyway, thankfully the return does not seem to suffer from nearly the same severity of an issue as guardians did - it's barely noticeable, some odd smoothing of motion here and there, and sometimes there's a noticeable frame skip where the TV doesn't seem to have inserted a frame at the right time or stutters ever-so-slightly. extremely clear picture and the colors really pop though, so what's there is pretty forgivable. [/phile]
User avatar
internethandle
ok
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: Buffy moogoo bafoom!!! No.

Postby forest design » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 am

You can either turn most of that off and/or plug the hdmi into the 30hz or 60hz input
User avatar
forest design
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:45 am

Postby Annie May » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:17 am

That lissie song is great.
User avatar
Annie May
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Postby RIXX » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 am

internethandle wrote:god this was so miraculous. the compositional complaints voiced by some philes seem even more baffling when watching this on a good system/not my computer monitor. really dig the terrifying menu screens, too.

forest design wrote:I’ve been wavering on whether to spend the money on an OLED (I got a decent 50” LCD about 2 years ago - it’s good, but doesn’t have HDR) and this exact sequence may put me over the edge


it's really loud and amazing in surround. and yeah the OLED almost is too good. like they have such a high refresh rate (200hz?) that i was shitwatching guardians of the galaxy vol. 2 on xmas day on it and it rendered the CGI like it was sharknado or something. apparently it has a name - "soap opera effect" - and is caused by an algorithm in the TV's that interpolates the frames, which causes things to look both smooth but also enhances the artifice d/t disparities between the FPS of a movie/show versus the TV's capabilities (or something along these lines, i'm really not very well versed in any of this stuff). anyway, thankfully the return does not seem to suffer from nearly the same severity of an issue as guardians did - it's barely noticeable, some odd smoothing of motion here and there, and sometimes there's a noticeable frame skip where the TV doesn't seem to have inserted a frame at the right time or stutters ever-so-slightly. extremely clear picture and the colors really pop though, so what's there is pretty forgivable. [/phile]


is this different than the soap opera effect caused by motion smoothing effects in modern televisions? you can turn that off you know, it's usually on by default and you can turn it off in advanced picture settings under auto motion plus or motion smoothing etc
User avatar
RIXX
 
Posts: 4312
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a is jump, a-10 warthog champion, ahungbunny, antoine, ASH NERVE, blab, blendercore, bluelips, blunder cats, brent, brittle, buriedinspace, carrion, chairkicker, cooly, crooked, darger, deebster, deep blue meanies, domesticwhite, Dr. Norm Thagard, emotional fascism, endless dave, epistrophy, Eyeball Kid, Ferrous Bueller, Franco, fuckyoudad, gallits, gambra, gogo jasn, goldsoundz, Google Adsense [Bot], Grumby, herbert greedy, hit record, Hugh, iambic, jbiz, jingleheimer, kentucky, Kwisatz Haderach, manierisme, mcwop23, multipass, mynameisdan, new blood, old hat, odilonredon, palmer eldritch, Poptone, powderfinger, riffraff, Shalabi, shirts optional, Shotfrog, spix et chicho, springheeljack, staple, subtitles, sympathy, terminus, tex porneau, thanksbutnothanksman, the scofflaw, Tom Cruise, unbiaseddairylodge, Vacancies, videodrome, walt, wong