Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

présidentielle second tour: votre choix?

Emmanuel Macron
75%
Marine Le Pen
10%
"ni-ni"
14%

Total votes : 69

Postby jenmichaeljarre » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:38 pm

yeah it's fucked up
jenmichaeljarre

Postby worrywort » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm

that's a real Macron Shockron.
worrywort

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:07 am

Can someone explain, or point me to an article that explains, what the hell has happened in France?

Why has Macron gone from someone who barely made it to the runoff, to someone who is now set for a historic victory in the legislative elections?

Why have the FN and the leftists lost so much ground?

I've read several articles on the elections but none of them seem to explain this.
Julius Sumner Miller

Postby soup » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:34 am

look, just sit back and enjoy the ride
soup

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:31 am

I don't enjoy anything.
Julius Sumner Miller

Postby The Fool on the Hill » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:06 pm

The French are fed up with the two-party system. For years several politicians have tried to capitalize on this to no avail. Macron succeeded where everyone else failed. It's a masterstroke in political branding and campaigning backed by his industrialist friends and the media they own. The cruel irony of course is that there's nothing new or different about his politics, which will no doubt make people even more disillusioned and angry at the end of his term. Everything is terrible.
The Fool on the Hill

Postby delgriffith » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 pm

The historically low turnout plus single party control is a pretty toxic and depressing mix.
delgriffith

Postby clwon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:13 pm

it's kinda cool that neoliberals are the enemies of the state now tho
aka piss chalet aka Mercedes Benzo
clwon
business is very food

Postby inspectorhound » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm

inspectorhound

Postby clwon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:52 pm

if Macron reinforces Neera Tanden's worldview, then I'm happier to have her as the opposition than I would a literal Nazi
aka piss chalet aka Mercedes Benzo
clwon
business is very food

Postby Slamwich Artist » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:Can someone explain, or point me to an article that explains, what the hell has happened in France?

Why has Macron gone from someone who barely made it to the runoff, to someone who is now set for a historic victory in the legislative elections?

Why have the FN and the leftists lost so much ground?

I've read several articles on the elections but none of them seem to explain this.

i've also been struggling to find an explanation for this. i doubt this gives the entire story, but a start:

During the presidential elections, I heard a lot of people say ‘he speaks for us’, ‘he speaks with our heart and soul’. That was a feeling of pride in belonging to a working-class community. Not a feeling of closed-minded retreat, but of solidarity and openness to others. And it was very strong. But it was developed with a sense that victory was possible.

I am not a political scientist and can only see things from my perspective as an activist and a candidate. But the presidential election is the central space of French politics, especially in the Fifth Republic. That is even moreso the case since Sarkozy created a more powerful role for the president. Under Hollande we had a National Assembly that voted for whatever the president asked. The National Assembly has taken a backward step, in terms of its job of deliberation and debate. So if people ask themselves whether electing an MP is going to change their lives, I don’t think many believe that it will. The two elections that people in France see as important to their lives are the presidential and municipal contests.

Also, I would say that while Jean-Luc Mélenchon has a great power of attraction when he speaks to crowds, and is a national figure representing France Insoumise, at the parliamentary elections that kind of politics is bound to be less energising and less impactful than during the presidential election.

https://jacobinmag.com/2017/06/macron-french-communist-party-elections-en-marche-melenchon
Haaaaa. The got me. I didn't know it was on Satire! Got it. Peeps got jokes. It's cool!
Slamwich Artist

Postby Buddy Glass » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:09 pm

51.29% abstention - we won on the fringes!

('En marge' has a particular connotation with demonstrations/protests in France, en marge (on the margins) is where the anarchist/black bloc elements tend to hang out, break windows, fight police, etc.)

Anyway - I think Macron's & En Marche!'s dominance in the legislative elections comes from the massive abstention rate and a general sense among broad segments of the left that the work to be done now is outside of electoral politics, at least for the near future. It also denies Macron the appearance of a legitimate mandate for his agenda (though it has certainly also given him the conditions in which to enact it).
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.
Buddy Glass

Postby black mamba » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:31 pm

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/macron-king-of-the-technocrats/20049#.WWEaTFGQy02

The adoration has clearly gone to Macron’s already swollen bonce. He’s acting like a ‘liberal strongman’, says Politico, seemingly intending it as a compliment – he’s setting out to defend the so-called liberal order while garbing himself in the pomp and power of the old French monarchy. On Monday he summoned parliament to the Palace of Versailles, echoing ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV’s pronouncements to the nobility. And his team are talking up his ‘Jupiterian’ approach – a reference to the supreme Roman god, standing above the fray with thunderbolts in hand.

It’s not just the imagery that’s autocratic. In his Versailles speech, he laid out plans to streamline parliament. He wants to cut a third of MPs from the National Assembly, restrict representatives to two-term tenures, introduce a ‘dose’ of proportional representation, and cut back on unnecessary lawmaking. These tinkering policies may not seem much on the face of it. But as one academic pointed out, all of this will serve to shore up executive power – emboldening bureaucrats over representatives, and filling parliament with newer, less battle-ready MPs.
black mamba
ok

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

So this seems to be going well
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Bartatua » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:58 pm

The election?
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Nah the Macron era
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:So this seems to be going well

Just came here to say this exact thing. €30,000 on makeup. How in the actual fuck? Also, is it really true that his labor reforms are going to be passed through Presidential decree because that was said on NPR this morning and it doesn't seem possible that parliament could not have any say...
Cosa vogliamo?
Tutto!
Jabberwocky

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:44 am

this story is hilarious

What up Manu?
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby jenmichaeljarre » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am

this is pure bullying and apparently the kid is being laughed at by his whole school and don't want to leave his house anymore.
jenmichaeljarre

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am

jenmichaeljarre wrote:this is pure bullying and apparently the kid is being laughed at by his whole school and don't want to leave his house anymore.

What the fuck

That kid is a hero
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:00 pm

All the US shitlibs are like "Well, he may have overreacted at first, but then he told him how to be a good boy! Pure class!"
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby jenmichaeljarre » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 pm

i mean it probably doesn't mean much to teach a kid some manners, but the fucked up part is posting the video on his fucking official twitter account, thus worldly shaming the poor kid
jenmichaeljarre

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 pm

this is fucking WILD

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby blurst of times » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Hey man, let's dress up like cops, think of what we could do...
blurst of times
ride.

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Macron becomes more of a bond villain every fucking day
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby worrywort » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:47 pm

now that's what i call centrism
worrywort

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 am

How does the Macron Presidency keep getting worse

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:31 am

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby delgriffith » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 am

Macron sucks so fucking much. This is shit.
delgriffith

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....