Fantasy Football 2017

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:11 pm

beefbroth inthe shitpipes wrote:Level up.

I have
Marty B
Parker
Tyreek Hill
Hogan
C Davis

So I'm not looking to get another receiver in that tier. If I trade a running back I'd like to package them to get an elite receiver. We all know how tough it is to get a running back so I'm not trading them unless necessary or convinced.
beefbroth inthe shitpipes

Postby separator » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm

I'll trade you an elite receiver for an elite running back.
separator

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Sure

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Postby separator » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 pm

beefbroth inthe shitpipes wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/olym ... is-season/

buried lede is that he is currently in rehab
separator

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Right and he could be reinstated after 9/21 when he leaves. Who knows but if you're stashing players why not take the chance for 2 more weeks?

Postby whatabout tim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm

This is the NFL.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Cone » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 pm

It's worth noting I guess but definitely don't keep your hopes up
Cone

Postby folkface » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:38 pm

beefbroth inthe shitpipes wrote:
beefbroth inthe shitpipes wrote:Level up.

I have
Marty B
Parker
Tyreek Hill
Hogan
C Davis

So I'm not looking to get another receiver in that tier. If I trade a running back I'd like to package them to get an elite receiver. We all know how tough it is to get a running back so I'm not trading them unless necessary or convinced.

Maybe Sammy Watkins + something.
folkface

Postby Hugh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Grabbing Golladay off waivers made me feel a little better after losing Johnson and Woodhead. Still fucked though.
Hugh

Postby bold man » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm

i dont think josh gordon is going to walk in and be great even if he comes back
in the international space station having a three-way with hillary clinton and sarah palin
bold man
ok

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Dude missed forever and played last preseason and looked still looked special
@1 min

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:47 am

I think Gordon could walk in and destroy, I just think the NFL won't let him play even after he gets out of rehab. They would rather punish a dude over weed over having the most fun wr the last decade play.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby pissydan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:44 pm

rivers vs miami is slightly projected to outscore mariota vs jagz. gut is telling me to stick with mariota. thoughts?
run through a motherfucker face... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ then you dont have to worry about him no more.
pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am

Every year I try to find one guy to be into. in the past diggs, DJ, ty, michael :lol: :oops: many other misses but whatevs
Dudes if you're in a PPR grab Kamara if he's available. He's going to go off, in fact as the season goes on he will be the Saints running back to own. I loved him. I've been obsessed with him since after the draft.
Payton traded to go up and get this guy and he has a history of finding these bush Sproles kind of guys. He has a similar build as hunt in KC. Everything in the preseason displayed that he could run between the tackles and not just the one gimmick those other players mentioned are. Imo Peterson is done. He needs volume to get going and he's in the worst possible situation on the planet for that. Kamara's only competition is Ingram who is a fine running back but clearly the Saints are going to be in shootouts all year. I honestly can't believe people have slept on him this long because the situation checks all the boxes.
Missing cooks and snead
Plays NE at home with pats pissed off but gave up a massive day to hunt.
Terrible D
HOF QB
Plays in a dome
Saints traded up to get him
He's the only running back on the team that displays that kind of pass catching ability. Which separates him from Ingram and Peterson.
Has already proved that he can run between the tackles in preseason and Payton completely loves him and compared to him and running style to Faulk ( which is what I think of Dalvin's style).

Honestly if this wasn't the best running back class in the last million years more people would have paid attention to him. He just got buried
Last edited by beefbroth inthe shitpipes on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 am

Note, I'm not suggesting starting him over a player that is a no-brainer. I'm suggesting grabbing him before having to pay for him off the waiver wire.

Postby shirts optional » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Ingram is a fine receiving back, but I agree that ADP is done. Your enthusiasm has me real close to pulling the trigger on cutting Derrick Henry for Kamara (in half-PPR), but I still feel as though Henry's upside has more value than Kamara in a three-RB committee.

This is of course for season-long usage, I'd start Kamara over Henry this week if I was forced to choose.
shirts optional

Postby Jimmy Firecracker » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm

i grabbed tarik cohen instead
Jimmy Firecracker

Postby nonchalant » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:32 pm

hey beef, how concerned are you about the new developments in the zeke case? with the NFL trying to get a stay in the 5th circuit, etc. do you think he iwll most likely play the whole season?

i really want to keep him on my roster, but someone proposed a trade to me of julio jones for zeke, and that would certainly put my mind to ease
ImageImageImage
nonchalant

Postby mego » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:36 pm

You globey folk are going to be super jelly when Jeremy Langford becomes the ravens lead RB. Sorry guys, not trading him!
mego

Postby mego » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Beef I might give him up for Cohen or Cook if I'm feeling charitable
mego

Postby Cone » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 pm

This season's post week one panic has really been something special
Cone

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 pm

nonchalant wrote:hey beef, how concerned are you about the new developments in the zeke case? with the NFL trying to get a stay in the 5th circuit, etc. do you think he iwll most likely play the whole season?

i really want to keep him on my roster, but someone proposed a trade to me of julio jones for zeke, and that would certainly put my mind to ease

I don't know man. I'm in 3 leagues and I have him in all of them. I really don't understand all this court stuff but many believe he's going to play all 16 but there may be a headache with this throughout the season. I picked up Alf just to be sure.

How concerned am I? Out of 1 to 10, about a 3.
Last edited by beefbroth inthe shitpipes on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 pm

mego wrote:Beef I might give him up for Cohen or Cook if I'm feeling charitable

Langford he's one of those dudes I completely wiffed on last year. He stinks. I thought he was going to be serviceable but I was way off.

Buck is the back to own in Baltimore

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 pm

shirts optional wrote:Ingram is a fine receiving back, but I agree that ADP is done. Your enthusiasm has me real close to pulling the trigger on cutting Derrick Henry for Kamara (in half-PPR), but I still feel as though Henry's upside has more value than Kamara in a three-RB committee.

This is of course for season-long usage, I'd start Kamara over Henry this week if I was forced to choose.

Yeah for sure Henry has more value right now. If Demarco goes down Henry is an instant number one running back. He's behind a great line with a good quarterback and good receivers /good tight end.

Kamara I'd imagine should be the back of choice in a shootout with NE.

Postby uncleoswald » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:38 am

fantasy newbie here, humbly asking hpn for help

trying to upgrade at qb - have russell wilson and feeling nervous

considering offering wilson and sammy watkins for aaron rodgers and emmanuel sanders. good deal for me?
uncleoswald

Postby Cone » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 am

I mean yeah but that's pretty heavily unbalanced in your favor so I'd doubt they'd take it. You'd probably have to throw another player in there depending on their roster needs or try going for a lesser QB that's still better than Wilson.
Cone

Postby uncleoswald » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 am

thanks cone. i know dude likes corey davis - maybe will throw him in for a replacement value wr.
uncleoswald

Postby mego » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

I don't think you should worry about upgrading your QB at this stage. Wilson may turn out to be ok. A mid level QB might end up having a good season too... like if bortles has another good game or wentz or someone like that grab them off waivers. Maybe manning becomes decent after ODB is back. Or how about Smith? Or you stream QBs who are up against bad defenses. Speaking of which, Wilson is at home against 49ers this week.
mego

Postby pissydan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 am

pissydan wrote:rivers vs miami is slightly projected to outscore mariota vs jagz. gut is telling me to stick with mariota. thoughts?

still torn about this one
run through a motherfucker face... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ then you dont have to worry about him no more.
pissydan
|ᵆ|>

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All