Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby separator » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm

The old Taylor is both alive and dead as long as she is in the suitcase.
separator

Postby mellowgold » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 am

lol

wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby mellowgold » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 am

iconic tbqh
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby mellowgold » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 am

but...is it legendary???
mellowgold

Postby Eugenics » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 pm

about once a week i think about how she really should have riden this aesthetic out for at least an album cycle. this image is so striking to me and conjures up many awesome thoughts about music/fashion/lifestyle/culture

Eugenics

Postby wildarms » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm

couldn't agree more my man

wildarms

Postby Eugenics » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm

with any luck, we'll all grow old with Taylor consistently making music, so maybe in like ten to twenty years or so when she's a little more weathered and wise we'll get her perfect Laurel Canyon and Great Americana Songbook records.
Eugenics

Postby Tom Cruise » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 pm

opening synths of that new song sound like the funeral march
didn't get much further
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Tom Cruise

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Eugenics wrote:about once a week i think about how she really should have riden this aesthetic out for at least an album cycle. this image is so striking to me and conjures up many awesome thoughts about music/fashion/lifestyle/culture

i completely agree with this.
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 pm

that aesthetic was tight
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby worrywort » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 pm

it's called the temple grandin
worrywort

Postby wildarms » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Eugenics wrote:with any luck, we'll all grow old with Taylor consistently making music, so maybe in like ten to twenty years or so when she's a little more weathered and wise we'll get her perfect Laurel Canyon and Great Americana Songbook records.

yeah at this point i encourage all mistakes in hopes they'll lead to a great Revelation
wildarms

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:54 pm

worrywort wrote:it's called the temple grandin
:lol:
ripersnifle

Postby mellowgold » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

um did u guys watch Maggie tho
mellowgold

Postby worrywort » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 pm

yah, her answer was inconclusive
worrywort

Postby wolfie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 pm

The other day I found my kids listening to this single and mocking the chorus. This song is so bad that my wiener kids are making fun of it. They don't make fun of Caillou for gods sake.

I did a spit take at the phone call in the middle of the song. She should have got fucking Geoff Tate to lay down those vocals.
אחד

"our in-toilet cameras show people are shitting all over these toilets"
wolfie

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

wolfie's wiener kids have spoken!
ripersnifle

Postby grammatron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 am

My wiener kids like the new songs fine FYI.
grammatron

Postby scrambled » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:09 am

ripersnifle wrote:gonna listen to 1989 for the first time in probably 2 years today.
Some Nice Latter Era ObamaPop
boys and boys and girls and girls

convinced that the complete misfire of the Style video ruined any enduring legendary status the album could have had

wildest dreams & style having each other's video makes me go :ryan:
scrambled

Postby smartphone » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 am

worrywort wrote:what is listening to an album worth to you?

in the pop music spectrum it usually means that i enjoyed 4-6 songs. my standards aren't high
separator wrote:Yeah man I had breakfast at Hitler's Diner this morning...feel bad but the eggs are so good
smartphone

Postby black mamba » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:11 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/opinion/what-sincerity-looks-like.html

It’s interesting to compare Chance’s song with Taylor Swift’s new song, “Look What You Made Me Do,” which is also about a young star coping with celebrity. The former stands out from the current cultural moment; the latter embodies it. Swift is a phenomenally talented and beautiful songwriter who has lost touch with herself and seems to have been swallowed by the ethos of the Trump era.

The video to that song, which has been watched 478 million times on YouTube so far, contains a string of references to Swift’s various public beefs — with Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, and so on. If Donald Trump or his political enemies made a video about their Twitter wars, it would look like this.

The crucial lyric is “I don’t trust nobody and nobody trusts me.” The world is full of snakes. The only way to survive is through combat. (“I got smarter. I got harder in the nick of time.”)

This is a song for a society without social trust. Everybody is vying for fame and dominance. Swift was a former innocent who was perpetually being turned into a victim, but she’s learned her lesson. The only way not to be a victim is to be venomous. “Look what you made me do!” she barks over and over.

It’s interesting how corporate the video looks and the song sounds. It’s been a long time since the Sex Pistols burst on the scene. The music business has become pretty good at feeding its audience’s teenage angst with fantasy anger.

Swift had defied the normal ingénue-to-sex-temptress career trajectory of Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, but now she’s fitting right in. Spears released a similar song a decade ago called “Piece of Me,” which didn’t take itself so seriously.

The first thing you notice in comparing the Chance and Swift songs is the difference between a person and a brand. A lot of young people I know talk about “working on their brand,” and sometimes I wish that word had never been invented.

A person has a soul, which is what Chance is worrying about. A brand has a reputation, which is the title of Swift’s next album. A person has private dignity. A brand is a creation for an audience. “I’ll be the actress starring in your bad dreams,” is how Swift puts it.

The second thing you notice is the difference between sincerity and authenticity. In Lionel Trilling’s old distinction, sincerity is what you shoot for in a trusting society. You try to live honestly and straightforwardly into your social roles and relationships. Authenticity is what you shoot for in a distrustful society. You try to liberate your own personality by rebelling against the world around you, by aggressively fighting against the society you find so vicious and corrupt.

Back in the 1950s, sincerity seemed treacly and boring, and authenticity, in the form of, say, Johnny Cash, seemed daring and new. But now rebellious authenticity is the familiar corporate success formula, and sincerity, like Chance the Rapper’s, is practically revolutionary.
black mamba
ok

Postby something sensible if » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:27 pm

what a dumb post i almost made
something sensible if

Postby Berzelius Windrip » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:46 pm

I get that she cant rehash tim mcgraw for the next 30 years but this is kinda sad
Berzelius Windrip

Postby average deceiver » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 pm

oh she canceled the record
andrei wrote:slaw on the sandwich? you ruined my manwich
slaw on the side....... let it ride

average deceiver

Postby average deceiver » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

ups is PISSED
andrei wrote:slaw on the sandwich? you ruined my manwich
slaw on the side....... let it ride

average deceiver

Postby mellowgold » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 pm

She’s filmed a new music video and I’d guess it drops this week or next

But I do think she panicked and reworked some of the album and that’s why the cycle for this album has been oddly quiet
mellowgold

Postby worrywort » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:34 pm

still, what a cycle it's been!
worrywort

Postby gordie blue eyes » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 pm

mellowgold wrote:
But I do think she panicked and reworked some of the album and that’s why the cycle for this album has been oddly quiet

Skyline?
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby mellowgold » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm

we can only hope
mellowgold

Postby black mamba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:37 am

As yet, Taylor Swift hasn’t done a single interview about Reputation, the new album that’s now only a month away. This weekend, she announced the first two live concerts behind the record, both of them at commercial radio holiday extravaganzas unlikely to carry much of a personal touch. Other than some short behind-the-scenes videos and AT&T promo spots, she’s hardly been seen in public. But there’s one place you might hope to get ahold of Taylor Swift directly: in the comment section of an Instagram livestream.

Fans have recently reported sightings of Swift’s official account joining livestreams and posting comments like, “Hiiiiiiiii” and “You’re the cutest!!!!!” BuzzFeed collected screenshots, and there’s more captured on message boards and fan Twitter accounts. (If you’re talking to Taylor Swift online, you can also expect to see your username published on BuzzFeed.) Swift apparently even voted in a fan poll asking whether Reputation would live up to its predecessors — she was a “yes.”
black mamba
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.