your holy grail item of clothing

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby Eugenics » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 pm

patagonia stuff is pretty sick. every time i head up north i check out the somewhat casual stuff at the high end outdoors outfitters and am tempted to get at least one head to toe ensemble, but the stuff is way too price prohibitive for someone like me that would basically be a fashion touristy poseur. completely dig the look on legit active outdoors folk though for sure.
Eugenics

Postby came to wreck » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 pm

i like patagonia fleeces but arc'teryx jackets
You go through childhood and turn 9 or 10 or 11, and you walk around with weird feelings, and no one ever sits you down and explains them - sadness or loneliness or being dissatisfied with how things are or are going until you hear it in a song and it's utterly transformative. - rubicon
came to wreck

Postby funkfunkfunk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

visvim down kimono bomber
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing
funkfunkfunk

Postby milknight » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 pm

mead wrote:balenciaga shell parka

fuck this is sick
milknight

Postby milknight » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 pm

mead wrote:balenciaga shell parka

fuck this is sick
milknight

Postby creedence tapes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:07 am

I think the only thing i've ever desired period is future's hoodie
creedence tapes

Postby Night porter » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:11 am

Night porter

Postby warmhouse » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:40 am

warmhouse

Postby gambra » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:36 am

Night porter wrote:Image

Was gonna day they're not that expensive but then realised its a long sleeve. Looks good but seems like it might not exist as a replica.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby mead » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:27 am

a xander zhou cloud coat is cool, but is not so much an unattainable grail as it is a paradisal item that i wear in myfantasies so maybe it's a life goal grail of sorts

this one has a loaded feel:

mead

Postby Night porter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:34 am

gambra wrote:
Night porter wrote:Image

Was gonna day they're not that expensive but then realised its a long sleeve. Looks good but seems like it might not exist as a replica.

Yeah I've never seen a long sleeve. Score draw redid the short sleeve but I'd rather have an OG long. Look at it.
Night porter

Postby snitch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:23 am

This ralph lauren suede fringe jacket was my og holy grail item but i own it now and i'll never take it for granted

DRAGONS wrote:
KALM wrote:weezer, edie brickell, and rob roy are forever linked in my mind

see i have no idea who these last two are. is this gonna be like when i learn about jimmy buffet and margaritaville all over again
snitch
ok

Postby snitch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 am

my item now is a letter jacket gillian jacobs wore in the first season of Love and i've found one similar but it's still not exactly right and this has been driving me crazy for 2 years
DRAGONS wrote:

see i have no idea who these last two are. is this gonna be like when i learn about jimmy buffet and margaritaville all over again
snitch
ok

Postby snitch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 am

also there's a tshirt my uncle is wearing in an old photo that i want sooooo bad and i called him and asked him if he still had it but he doesn't!
DRAGONS wrote:

snitch
ok

Postby scramble » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:37 am

chairkicker wrote:
chairkicker wrote:these sneakers my dad had in like 1992 that for the life of me i cant track down. i dont kn9w what they were called, they were probably some kind of golf sneaker because their undersole was all these tightly set blunt/soft cleats or something like that, and at this point it almost feels like they only existed in a dream

they were cooler than "golf sneaker" suggests, too, cuz they didn't look anything like golf shoes. they were just some really cool white sneaker with what looked like a thousand black pencil erasers for soles

Did not read the rest of the thread yet but are you thinking of like old football coach shoes?

scramble

Postby scramble » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 am

I guess i would have saved all of the old band shirts i had, since those were made in tiny quantities and cannot be found anymore.

Bitch Magnet Ben-Hur tour tee where are you?
scramble

Postby scramble » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:47 am

Also i have always regretted passing up a pair of these old chinese field worker boots in an antique shop in san francisco

Not wearable but just beautiful forms

scramble

Postby dogshower » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 am

dogshower

Postby dogshower » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am

any stonie with the thermo material "ice jacket" shell is crack
dogshower

Postby separator » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:04 am

snitch wrote:This ralph lauren suede fringe jacket was my og holy grail item but i own it now and i'll never take it for granted

suede jacket is probably it for me
separator

Postby snitch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:43 am

scramble wrote:I guess i would have saved all of the old band shirts i had, since those were made in tiny quantities and cannot be found anymore.

Bitch Magnet Ben-Hur tour tee where are you?

speaking of tees, not a band tee, but i also wish i still had this shirt i got when i was in Turkey at like age 11 that said Türkiye and had a bunch of cartoon cats on it
DRAGONS wrote:

snitch
ok

Postby scramble » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 am

Ya, i also had a very :? shirt from '79 of mickey mouse giving the finger, saying "hey ayatollah!"... and my dear treasured "skylab is falling" tee :(
scramble

Postby doomedhuh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:25 am

easy wrote:when my dad worked for WWF we had a couple pairs of these lying around

thats the coolest thing you've ever posted
doomedhuh
ok

Postby Milk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:17 am

does the wwe shop still sell those nonsensical Kevin Owens sunglasses? I remember he actually twitted about those when they first had them cause even he was like wtf.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby theta » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 am

futurist wrote:for things i own, it might be the marilyn manson leather jacket hologram sold me

the existence of this item and its board presence make me so happy, might be my hg too
Jeremy wrote:If you want a vision of the future, imagine a sarcastic serf - forever.
theta
Noted Futurist and Geo Metro Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Free-For-All