are you guys gonna 'Return to Lordran' on PC this October

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby internetfriend » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm

given how overblown capra demon and blighttown's difficulties were, i expected the anor londo archers to be fine

they aren't fine!
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby internetfriend » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm

the design of the gargoyle encounter right beforehand is especially mystifying
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby goofysdeadwife69 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Someone pointed out to me while watching me play that like the original Super Mario Bros in that the optimal strategy for most encounters is to just run by them as fast as possible. That's stuck with me.

Everytime I get to that point I just run from the bonfire to the archer, parry him, then it's done. It's actually the only part you lsited that I've never found that much trouble.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
goofysdeadwife69
Was Raised Christian

Postby internetfriend » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:01 pm

i hadnt tried skipping all the gargoyle encounters, ill try that

so far the gargoyle fight is actually irritating me way more
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 pm

the run-by worked but he never switched to his melee weapon so i couldnt parry him
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby benj » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:i remember blasting through capra on my first two times through and thought everyone was full of shit.

yeah well i did it in my first THREE tries
benj

Postby benj » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:32 pm

then i got CURSED by a FROG
benj

Postby internetfriend » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:50 pm

wow silver knight sword seems pretty strong
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 pm

just beat ornstein and smough solo on my third try B)
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm

i even tried to summon for it and the summon failed and rather than use any of the other summon signs around i was like "fukkit ill just try it again"

glad i did!!!
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 pm

man im partying now
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm

im gonna keep posting in this thread

did sif before logging off last night. at first I thought it was going to be an excitingly difficult fight—I could've sworn he oneshot me past my shield on my first two attempts, which was kind of exciting. like that I'd have to learn his sweeping blocks and iframing through them was the only way to win. then I realized I could just get underneath him and didnt take any damage on my third attempt

once again im at a place where i have zero idea where to go—I don't recall ever seeing any of those orange doors that deactivated when i planted the vessel. it's a nice feeling though. and i think i figured one place out from thinking about it today

i think my interest was flagging a bit but the o&s rout brought it back. it was funny how unpolished that fight felt in ways—on my last attempt ornstein's dash attack took him into smough's backside and he somehow got stuck there for like....6 full seconds. him throwing lightning through smough also feels very rough and bad, it killed me on my second attempt. getting the hang of repositioning toward where he was going to be after he repositioned after doing an attack that he was about to do felt sick. the powered-up smough fight felt sick too but way easier. the only tricky parts were figuring out the range on his lightning butt thing (i wound up just rolling away from it twice each time he did it, only got hit the first time) and learning that i had to position him so that his jump backwards took him into a pillar or a wall so i could get some free hits. rolling his actual hammer sweeps was gratifying but surprisingly straightforward

i really want to upgrade my weapons more though! sitting on a +10 scythe +10 uchi and +3-ish sks. also finally went full "wear what i want to so long as it gives me fast roll". i wish the xanthous shit was a little lighter
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby iambic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm

you have now gone further than I have ever adventured

the last time I tried to get real into Dark Souls I beat Ornstein and Smough with a summon and then felt bad about myself, so exited
iambic

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Really enjoying these posts, IS, please do keep updating us on your adventures.

I've had fun having an excuse to return to the game even though in my experience on PS4 at least the initial burst of return activity died off pretty quick and now I'm not getting much PVP activity.
sevenarts

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm

:) ty ill keep soulsblogging here

but yeah it does seem like activity fell way off after the first few days. which is a little sad but whatever

i peeked at dark souls 3 weapons earlier. im pretty excited to get into that next. some high res gaming
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby marble » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 pm

internetstrange wrote:just beat ornstein and smough solo on my third try B)

wtf fuck you dude
bingo wrote:Suit by Dior, bag by Tesco
marble

Postby carrot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 pm

IS, are you going to try the additional content as well? the gold tracer is one of my favorite weapons
carrot

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:34 pm

The DLC is maybe the best part of DS1 so yea, hopefully you get to give that a try. Just uh read some spoilers on how to find it or you'll beat the game and never know it was there.
sevenarts

Postby carrot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:36 pm

yeah definitely a downside. I really have no idea how you are supposed to find it organically
carrot

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:41 pm

marble wrote:
internetstrange wrote:just beat ornstein and smough solo on my third try B)

wtf fuck you dude

:awful:
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:41 pm

when should I do DLC? i havent started any of the four lords stuff yet
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:42 pm

im like sl...58 or something
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby john plainman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:48 pm

It's worth checking out, even if you get your ass handled
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 pm

oh i read about the gold tracer a while ago, ive been meaning to try that

for stuff like twinkling titanite, is it better to farm the mat itself or just to farm the souls to buy it from someone?
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 pm

also man reading what i could do with sif's soul made me really want to try a "big sword guy" build. which is i guess what the character i was playing before i started this great-scythe-run guy was, like a quality-ish build. but getting the reqs for greatsword of artorias seems pretty niche? like i wouldnt really use both the faith and the int for anything else, i think
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby john plainman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm

yeah iirc thats a specialty build
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby carrot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 pm

internetstrange wrote:oh i read about the gold tracer a while ago, ive been meaning to try that

for stuff like twinkling titanite, is it better to farm the mat itself or just to farm the souls to buy it from someone?

personally I think you're better off farming for souls (and any other items that may result)
carrot

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Best of all, just learn how to dupe boss souls, which is really easy and can save lots of time if all you really want is to buy a big stack of titanite to try out a bunch of weapons.
sevenarts

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm

oh i tried to dupe humanity (just as a test) and couldnt really get the hang of it—i should try that again
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm

You can only really dupe items that have confirmation boxes as far as I know - so boss souls work, humanity doesn't.

You just:
Equip boss soul to item bar
Roll
Item button before the roll finishes
Menu button before the confirmation box pops up
Go into menus and use estus
Hit yes on the confirmation box when it returns out of the menu
It will use the estus, keep the boss soul, but give you the souls
Toggle Spoiler
sevenarts

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All