are you guys gonna 'Return to Lordran' on PC this October

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm

You can only really dupe items that have confirmation boxes as far as I know - so boss souls work, humanity doesn't.

You just:
Equip boss soul to item bar
Roll
Item button before the roll finishes
Menu button before the confirmation box pops up
Go into menus and use estus
Hit yes on the confirmation box when it returns out of the menu
It will use the estus, keep the boss soul, but give you the souls
Toggle Spoiler
sevenarts

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 pm

ohh interesting, didnt catch that

so i can only test it on stuff id definitely regret losing

i guess i could do homeward bones
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby sevenarts » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Homeward bones definitely work to test duping. If you "dupe" one of them you'll warp without consuming the bone.
sevenarts

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm

these crystal boys take much damage
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:11 pm

man maybe im just not getting the trick but these guys seem hard as hell

im pretty bad with the sks too unfortunately
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby Much Honoured Lord Nefarious » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 pm

dont fight them.

except the gold ones.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:19 pm

lol that worked
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby milknight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 pm

I should probably beat o & s. the most annoying thing about that fight is how far both bonfires are from the boss door. I've been there for like a year. all the other bosses were easy wtf
milknight

Postby milknight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm

I would totally just summon but I'm on my friends old xbox 360 and I'm not paying for xbox live so I can cheat at dark souls 1 gahhh
milknight

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 pm

the bonfire next to the silver knights feels pretty close once you open the door from the room with the silver knight armor
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 pm

i was wondering if the second bonfire in darkmoon whatever could maybe be faster once the big double doors are open, but no way anything involving that dumb elevator is fast
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 pm

ok i escaped a crystal jail and some snakes ignored me to climb a ladder. i feel like im in a very different video game all of a sudden
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby milknight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 pm

internetstrange wrote:the bonfire next to the silver knights feels pretty close once you open the door from the room with the silver knight armor

it seems long when u keep dying :'^(
milknight

Postby milknight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:33 pm

but my first like 20 attempts were before I found that bonfire (running all the way across that big bridge and up the big stairs) and then I got sick of it and I should probably return to lordran
milknight

Postby internetstrange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:55 pm

game, look. im here in front of the cell. i see big hat logan in there. let me open the door. dont you dare make me run back down here later
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby marble » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 am

milknight wrote:I should probably beat o & s. the most annoying thing about that fight is how far both bonfires are from the boss door. I've been there for like a year. all the other bosses were easy wtf

this is me but with the dancer of the boreal valley in ds3, and i've beat ds1 at least 3 times, and bloodborne and ds2. what gives?
bingo wrote:Suit by Dior, bag by Tesco
marble

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 am

man i was not having a great time with the duke's archives tonight. im at the point where i need to run around the balconies with the two channelers and it's just enormously unfun. i should probably stop trying to fight again. everything does a bunch of damage, those crystal hollows' shoulder-bash thing is very annoying

ive gotten (what feels to be) super solid at parrying, but at the cost of never being able to backstab anymore. idk what happened. i think it has something to do with the position of the specific weapons im using, esp the scythe and the sks. it's gotten to the point where ill actually wait for them to reset and swing at me so i can parry/riposte because at least i can land that
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby milknight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:39 am

marble wrote:
milknight wrote:I should probably beat o & s. the most annoying thing about that fight is how far both bonfires are from the boss door. I've been there for like a year. all the other bosses were easy wtf

this is me but with the dancer of the boreal valley in ds3, and i've beat ds1 at least 3 times, and bloodborne and ds2. what gives?

Yeah ive beaten every other souls boss solo i just gotta hunker down and do it
milknight

Postby fox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:47 am

wait you've beat friede but not o&s?
Dalen wrote:bingo, just think, while you sit in your little room clicking away all day and night on the hipinion web forums, Hugh was enjoying himself in luxury with a good book, probably a lil scotch, some Thelonious Monk on the hi-fi, possibly a light snack, with beautiful women surrounding him.
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby milknight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 am

Oh i never finished the dlc but i sure got alot closer to beating her. I should do that too
milknight

Postby carrion » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 pm

i am really bad at fighting o&s. got there last night and made three pathetic attempts before deciding to call it a night. i really want to try to solo them, but i'll probably end up summoning. i think the best i've ever done was beating them on like my 10th try or something.
carrion

Postby kirito » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm

i find it way easier to kill smough first
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm

maybe ill try that next time
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby john plainman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm

ornstein is def easier to dodge in the second stage
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby carrion » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

hmmm, i think i usually take out ornstein first. i'll try to go for smough and see how that works out.
one of my problems was trying to use the lightning spear, which did so little damage. i broke out some fire orbs and they did a lot more. just got so used to poking everything with that spear and forgot i'm playing pyro.
carrion

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:dont fight them.

except the gold ones.

ohhhh you were talking about the crystal golems

i was talking about the crystal hollow guys
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 pm

im in the crystal cave now. none of my weapons seem to really damage these golems. why are these paths invisible
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:17 pm

nvm if i just run it it's totally fine. i guess it's kinda nice that (it seems like) the game is teaching or encouraging me to just run it in areas that i havent even been in yet, but it does make zones feel a little anticlimactic

also the bridges are extremely lit up with signs right now.praise my gamer brethren
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby fox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:24 pm

it's funny I think playing bloodborne first was good training for o&s but I think I'm still on artorias after something like 50+ tries
Dalen wrote:bingo, just think, while you sit in your little room clicking away all day and night on the hipinion web forums, Hugh was enjoying himself in luxury with a good book, probably a lil scotch, some Thelonious Monk on the hi-fi, possibly a light snack, with beautiful women surrounding him.
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 pm

ive only tried it twice but the seath fight is really stinking so far. getting huge framerate drops (havent gotten any elsewhere in the game on this computer), it has the 'attacking some random appendage of a big monster that you cant even see' thing, he just kind of glides around the space without any real presence or weight. ew!
internetstrange
mood ring

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All