are you guys gonna 'Return to Lordran' on PC this October

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 pm

lmao these framerate drops are ridiculous
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby internetstrange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm

i also did like 40% of his healthbar to what im pretty sure is his tail so idk what they want from me in cutting that thing off
internetstrange
mood ring

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:31 pm

kinda tempted to try to chug the rest of this game one day this weekend but duke's archives ahs taken me a weirdly long time and i still havent beaten seath (bc im tryna get that TAIL) so maybe i couldnt actually do that

mrmrmmrmr
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby emiko » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm

i wasnt able to get seaths tail until this year. i had done just about everything else you could do before you got it.

i'm surprised fox is having such a hard time with artorias because i feel like the basic design of that boss is recycled quite a few times in the later games.
¬"Where do the rockets find planets? Where are are the dreams of the babies going? 'Cause you know they're all going fast." - Chan Marshall (Cat Power)
emiko

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

people say to let him break the crystal (which i can do) and then to run around behind him and hit his tail (which i do)

but i can only hit it once or twice before he un-stuns usually, and that's not enough

it also forces me to get right up on his tail, which has the really obnoxious trait of changing from a non-damaging object into a damaging object instantly and with no tell that i can see. it'd happen with gaping dragon too—you'd be on his legs and it'd be fine, then he'd "start" his walk-forward attack thing, and if your collider was touching his you'd be damaged and thrown back before the animation for the walk had actually begun

it just feels like all the worst tropes of the game's boss fights in one enemy idk. gotta get that tail
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby sevenarts » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Seath is a pretty badly designed fight. He's not super tough as a whole but he's not that fun either and the tail is a pain in the ass. You have to be careful to hit his tail far enough from his body - closer to his body it's easy to hit what you think is the tail and have it not count.

One of the best ways to get the tail is with upgraded pyro: let him destroy the crystal, run around behind him, and hit him a couple times with a good spell and that should do it.
sevenarts

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm

ive only played a couple minutes of ds3 but i like the way it handles jumping so much more. trying to slow out of a run so that you roll instead of jumping feels like a pretty mushy process
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby sevenarts » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Hah I always change the jump back to the old style in the later games. I hate pressing in the control stick.

Jumping is real dicey either way.
sevenarts

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 pm

YES got it hooah bad boss
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm

fighting ghosts..i do not love it
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby sevenarts » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 pm

New Londo is one of my low key favorite little areas. The gloomy atmosphere just feels so thick and oppressive, and the gimmicks are really well done.
sevenarts

Postby fox » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 pm

emiko wrote:i wasnt able to get seaths tail until this year. i had done just about everything else you could do before you got it.

i'm surprised fox is having such a hard time with artorias because i feel like the basic design of that boss is recycled quite a few times in the later games.

I think that I was just underleveled when I got to the DLC, in my current playthrough I'll probably wait to tackle him

and yeah, his timing is weird relative to other DKS1 bosses, but is definitely redone in the Abyss Walkers and even Orphan in some ways

I remember being surprised when I beat Orphan the first time, too
Dalen wrote:bingo, just think, while you sit in your little room clicking away all day and night on the hipinion web forums, Hugh was enjoying himself in luxury with a good book, probably a lil scotch, some Thelonious Monk on the hi-fi, possibly a light snack, with beautiful women surrounding him.
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 pm

the level design is pretty neat so far, i just find the ghosts-traveling-through-walls thing to be not my favorite kinda combat

im glad that they're keeping me stocked in transient curses so far tho
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby fox » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:16 pm

sevenarts wrote:New Londo is one of my low key favorite little areas. The gloomy atmosphere just feels so thick and oppressive, and the gimmicks are really well done.

This and Sens are my favorite non-DLC parts of the game, and the ones that seem most directly a nod to Zelda games.
Dalen wrote:bingo, just think, while you sit in your little room clicking away all day and night on the hipinion web forums, Hugh was enjoying himself in luxury with a good book, probably a lil scotch, some Thelonious Monk on the hi-fi, possibly a light snack, with beautiful women surrounding him.
fox
Prime Galoob

Postby carrot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 pm

new londo is the only area where I've encountered those weird crab thingsToggle Spoiler
carrot

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm

yeah it felt super zelda-y
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm

i got the v large ember and now i kinda just wanna go to the dlc area or something although i also feel like i should hold off for a while if it's supposed to be so good heh
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby sevenarts » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm

carrot wrote:new londo is the only area where I've encountered those weird crab thingsToggle Spoiler

I've gotten the passive versions of those before but the other night in New Londo was the first time I ever got a hostile one. Freaked me the hell out especially since I was farming and knew there shouldn't have been anything attacking me when stuff started shooting at me out of nowhere.
sevenarts

Postby carrot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:34 pm

sevenarts wrote:
carrot wrote:new londo is the only area where I've encountered those weird crab thingsToggle Spoiler

I've gotten the passive versions of those before but the other night in New Londo was the first time I ever got a hostile one. Freaked me the hell out especially since I was farming and knew there shouldn't have been anything attacking me when stuff started shooting at me out of nowhere.

exactly the same for me. gave me a heart attack
carrot

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 pm

wait what?

edit: oh, vagrants. i think i've seen like one ever. cool as shit.
ahungbunny

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 pm

im just gonna do the dlc fukkit
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 pm

finally got my int up to use crystal magic weapon. im a damage guy
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:01 pm

i like the robes in this game

maiden and black cleric especially
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby john plainman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm

That build is absolutely bonkers
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby john plainman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm

What a great game
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 pm

im just keeping fast roll on and making sure i have any item that gives any poise besides wolf ring

nuthin else matters
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:15 pm

my approach to equipment would be totally different if i didnt feel the absolute need to cover up every square inch of my ugly sundried-tomato-ass character's skin
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby carrot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm

I feel that, but I like your outfit!
carrot

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm

thank u my fren
internetstrange
mood ring

Postby internetstrange » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm

the realization of where i was after coming out of the oolacile sanctuary was a very good pleasant thing
internetstrange
mood ring

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All