Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby big zorb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 am

being a knicks fan sucks
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 am

I am very excited for the Jaren Jackson era.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby wario lopez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:13 am

yeah triple j is special. that rare combination of rim protector and shooter, in the ibaka/myles turner mold. with modern nba spacing, if you want to be a successful big, you have to be able to space the floor or protect the rim. if you do neither of those things, it's really hard to build a lineup around you that makes sense on either side of the court. because jaren jackson can do both, he can make up for whatever deficiencies his frontcourt teammate have. he can also switch ball screens and is a good help defender. it provides you such lineup versatility to have a player in this mold. i really am hoping his shooting translates. he shot 80% from the FT line and 40% from college 3, so there's a lot of hope. but his mechanics are kind of funky and he has a low release. it's also a bit of a question on if he can attack closeouts and make decisions on drives if he is going to be spending most of his time picking and popping. he also doesn't have that much touch around the rim or polish in his post game.
✧・゚:*☆*・゜゚・*(っ◕‿◕)っ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗლ(๏‿๏ ლ)*・゜゚・*☆*:・゚✧
wario lopez
ok

Postby WAC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I really want to pair JJJ up with Jaylen and Jayson to create an unprecedented 5 Js lineup with only 3 guys, but I don’t really want to give up any good assets to trade up because this seems like a draft that’s gonna have good players available in the late first round.
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby chandler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 pm

sixers dudes, sounds like bolden is coming over

in theory he's an ideal 4 in the starting lineup, but obviously he's going to have to earn it coming off the bench this season and hopefully he gets the chance

lot of upside
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby draw » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't have any reason to expect much out of him but it'll be a really nice surprise if he pans out

He is relatively good at the things we'd want a 4 to be relatively good at but I don't see an NBA starter when I watch tape of him.
draw

Postby draw » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 pm

I've seen Sixers forums talk about Draymond Green being a realistic high upside comp... Really??
draw

Postby chandler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:45 pm

yeah reasonable expectations should peg him as a rotation guy and nothing worth getting excited for

but i think he's both a better fit and, after getting acclimated to nba speed and 3 point line, a better player than dario pretty quickly

comping anyone to draymond is dumb, but imo he's a really unique player given his length, shooting form, and on ball skills. i'm not comping him to durant, but he sort of looks like him with the ball in his hands and could be a tremendous weak side and versatile defender next to embiid
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby shankly » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:58 pm

are people just bored and moving Doncic down in mock drafts to keep things interesting a week before the draft? i'm sure JJJ and Bamba have been impressive in workouts, but i don't get how it went from Ayton & Doncic and everyone else to a complete free-for-all after Ayton in a month.
shankly

Postby Lucky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:06 pm

WAC wrote:
KPH wrote:Anyone have links to archived games? Is there a tracker for that sort of thing? I could see myself watching a whole bunch of random regular season games this summer.

http://rutracker.org/forum/index.php

It's not a complete archive and sometimes you get games in Russian or something, but this is pretty good for torrents of games

Didn't realise they have games. That's where I dl a bunch of full discographies.

RojaDirecta.me should have a ton too. Think it's all just straight downloads though, so you'd have to buy a membership of some download site to dl the big file sizes.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Lucky

Postby wario lopez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:34 pm

shankly wrote:are people just bored and moving Doncic down in mock drafts to keep things interesting a week before the draft? i'm sure JJJ and Bamba have been impressive in workouts, but i don't get how it went from Ayton & Doncic and everyone else to a complete free-for-all after Ayton in a month.

there's a lot of factors here and i obviously don't have any insider info or anything like that, but i think watching switching defenses in last 2 rounds of the playoffs has definitely changed the lens through which players are viewed. versatile defenders have presumably shot up draft boards. in the case of JJJ, he didn't play that much at michigan st, 20 mins a game or so, which means he wasn't highlighted throughout the year. once people dove into the tape, i think his stock increased greatly. also, people were reminded that MPJ was the consensus #1 prior to eurobasket, even higher than ayton. the other thing is, as deep as this draft is (and it is deep, particularly on the wing), i don't see any surefire superstars in it, not the same way we saw with the AD or KAT draft picks.
wario lopez
ok

Postby goldsoundz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm

well a big reason jackson didn't play big minutes at msu is that he was constantly in foul trouble. not that that is necessarily an indicator of poor defense but it's something he'll have to improve big time moving forward. he had a tendency to rely on his athleticism too much

i thought he could have used another year of college to improve in a couple areas (selfishly i also wanted to see him play one year for my team) but when you're top 5 you gotta go. kinda think he'll be mostly useless as a rookie (with flashes here and there) as he learns the ropes but eventually he should be a pretty complete player capable of all star production
goldsoundz

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Is Porter being weird about his back gonna make him drop to, oh, i don’t know, 9?
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Raptors twitter is going nuts about Nurse not mentioning DeMar in the presser today and putting the ball in Lowrys hands more
session to session
ratbags

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I've immediately concluded Demar will be a clipper
session to session
ratbags

Postby chandler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm

nurse already way ahead of casey
chandler

Postby wario lopez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 pm

mcwop23 wrote:Is Porter being weird about his back gonna make him drop to, oh, i don’t know, 9?

not of the kings have anything to do with it :twisted:
wario lopez
ok

Postby wario lopez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 pm

i don't want to get too much into league trend forecasting, but right now i think the league is headed to a place where basketball iq and skills will be valued over straight athleticism. it's what lebron is talking about when he says
"Now everyone is trying to figure that out," James said of the task of beating the Warriors. "How do you put together a group of talent but also a group of minds to be able to compete with Golden State, to be able to compete for a championship?"

and
“Listen, we’re all NBA players. Everybody knows how to put the ball in the hoop. But who can think throughout the course of the game?

This is so challenging for me to sit up here and say, because people who really don't know the game don't really know what I'm talking about. They just think that you go out, and, 'Oh, LeBron, you're bigger and faster and stronger than everybody, you should drive every single time and you should dunk every single play and you should never get tired, never.' Like, it's a video game and you went on the options and you turned down fatigue all the way to zero and injuries all the way down to zero. So we come back here and we get the minds and we build a championship team."

if the future is truly "positionless basketball" it doesn't mean everyone needs to just be 6'7'' with super long arms. physical tools are important but not sufficient. freak athletes can still get played off the court in the playoffs if they are not strong team defenders, if they don't communicate, if they blow switches, if they can't read defenses, if they don't know when to cut. passing, dribbling, and shooting will eventually be prerequisites for every position on the floor. it wouldn't surprise me to see more 3&D center archetypes like JJJ moving forward. i know i'm not alone in this line of thinking, and it makes you wonder how high iq but low athleticism guys like doncic/wendell carter will be valued against the guys with the opposite make-up (e.g. lonnie walker, zhaire smith).
wario lopez
ok

Postby 5% Tint » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 pm

i agree pretty strongly with that, honestly. the offensive and defensive reads, making the right pass/cut/rotation, is all so important

the one small thing i disagree with is that i think Zhaire thinks the game really well in addition to being an explosive athlete. it's just his skill level that's low still
5% Tint

Postby Lucky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Isn't all of this the stuff that Ayton is pretty bad at? As well protecting the rim..

Seems kinda sub-optimal for a center going #1.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Lucky

Postby WAC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm

draw wrote:I don't have any reason to expect much out of him but it'll be a really nice surprise if he pans out

He is relatively good at the things we'd want a 4 to be relatively good at but I don't see an NBA starter when I watch tape of him.

Even if he doesn't pan out to be a starter it seems like he'd at least be a good Amir replacement. Solid passer and ball handler for a big, mobile defender, good rebounder, and potential to be a reliable shooter.
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby trouble » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Tom Cruise wrote:Isn't all of this the stuff that Ayton is pretty bad at? As well protecting the rim..

Seems kinda sub-optimal for a center going #1.

yeah but its the suns so its a perfect match for a brainless team
trouble
ride.

Postby wario lopez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 pm

5% Tint wrote:i agree pretty strongly with that, honestly. the offensive and defensive reads, making the right pass/cut/rotation, is all so important

the one small thing i disagree with is that i think Zhaire thinks the game really well in addition to being an explosive athlete. it's just his skill level that's low still

i agree to an extent about zhaire. his iq is pretty good when it comes to passing, though his straight line-drive style limits the kinds of passes available to make. i was using him as an example of a low-skill level/high athleticism type prospect. he also isn't a great off-ball defender, zones out when he's off ball at times, but he makes up for it with tenacious on-ball defense and switchability. he's probably has the greatest high ceiling/low floor risk profile of anyone i've looked at in this draft.
wario lopez
ok

Postby wario lopez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:33 pm

wario lopez wrote:greatest high ceiling/low floor risk profile*

*other than MPJ
wario lopez
ok

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Apparently Masai asked Nurse if he'd be okay with making changes at the draft and so many conspiracies are running thru my head
session to session
ratbags

Postby speakers » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 pm

ratbags wrote:Apparently Masai asked Nurse if he'd be okay with making changes at the draft and so many conspiracies are running thru my head

vlade would def trade the #2 plus some assets for demar
speakers

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:42 pm

demar's guy on the coaching staff, rex, just went to the clippers too. lot of people thinking masai has his eye on jerry west's 12 and 13
session to session
ratbags

Postby jalapeño ranch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:48 pm

The Grizzlies are trying to give up their pick to anyone who’s willing to take Chandler Parsons’ contract, and the Hawks are willing to take on dead weight for picks. This seems like a no-brainer to me, especially for a pick that high in the draft.

Also it’s kind of sad that the Grizz still believe they’re a 50 win team.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 pm

jerry stackhouse did go to memphis...i don't know what's better number 4 or both of the clippers picks. the chandler parsons thing is kind of sour taste in any deal you make with them. at least for toronto cause i really don't think we need another forward like him.
session to session
ratbags

Postby Lucky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm

wouldn't the clips have to send back like $20m in salary too? what's the deal there
Lucky

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....