The 2017 Major League Baseball Postseason

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby surly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:54 am

most of the fucking city are natives who have always rooted for dc baseball, some dating back to the 70s and the original nats franchise
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 am

surly wrote:
dimetrodons 'r' us wrote:
Really looking forward to the self-pity wailing from Nats fans. “They’ve done this, like, each of the two years I’ve lived here! So cruel!”

are you really gonna make me defend nats fans? because holy shit go fuck yourself you ignorant fucking dingus

Go for it!
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:56 am

surly wrote:most of the fucking city are natives who have always rooted for dc baseball, some dating back to the 70s and the original nats franchise

Cool, and a lot of them aren’t.
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby Much Honoured Lord Nefarious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 am

surly wrote:most of the fucking city are natives who have always rooted for dc baseball, some dating back to the 70s and the original nats franchise

Cool, and a lot of them aren’t.

And still others are Chris cillizza
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 am

Like I get that this is obviously blinkered because of my own social circle down here which is going to be skewed as a relatively recent transplant myself but of all of the self-professed Nats fans I know less than a handful actually had connections to this area going back more than five years. Didn’t realize being glib about that would strike such a nerve.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby surly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 am

that just means your social circle is shit
surly
the insult bastard

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 am

surly wrote:that just means your social circle is shit

Very likely true. Would much rather hang out with the diehard Nats fans from the 70s.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby powderfinger » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 am

I will always consider the Tigers my team but it feels dumb to live in the DC area, probably permanently, and not root for the home team when I have no negative baggage like division rivalries, playoff history, particularly villainous owners (I feel like the Lerners barely rate on the scale of evil American sports owners) etc. associated with them.
powderfinger

Postby powderfinger » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 am

I will always consider the Tigers my team but it feels dumb to live in the DC area, probably permanently, and not root for the home team when I have no negative baggage like division rivalries, playoff history, particularly villainous owners (I feel like the Lerners barely rate on the scale of evil American sports owners) etc. associated with them.
powderfinger

Postby Much Honoured Lord Nefarious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 am

The good news for nats fans is that in a couple months they'll get to see the caps and the wizards also exist in the first round.

Postby surly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 am

as someone who apparently lives in the area you of all people should know that there's a difference between Washington and DC and the people who live here and grew up here deal with enough shit already from ignorant morons who paint the whole city as The Fat Cats in Congress
surly
the insult bastard

Postby surly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:07 am

Very likely true. Would much rather hang out with the diehard Nats fans from the 70s.

correction: you are shit
surly
the insult bastard

Postby WAC » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:08 am

dimetrodons 'r' us wrote:Didn’t realize being glib about that would strike such a nerve.

It's surly in a playoff sports thread
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby surly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:09 am

you're out of your element, wac
surly
the insult bastard

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 am

surly wrote:as someone who apparently lives in the area you of all people should know that there's a difference between Washington and DC and the people who live here and grew up here deal with enough shit already from ignorant morons who paint the whole city as The Fat Cats in Congress

I’m sure the long timers really feel the weight of flippant comments on forums.hipinion.com
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby trouble » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:13 am

rough game. great stuff from wade at the end but if joe pulls that shit against the dodgers it's going to be a short series.
My new signature!
trouble

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 am

surly wrote:

correction: you are shit

Hey I was being tone: sincere :cry:
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby lights » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:20 am

powderfinger wrote:I will always consider the Tigers my team but it feels dumb to live in the DC area, probably permanently, and not root for the home team when I have no negative baggage like division rivalries, playoff history, particularly villainous owners (I feel like the Lerners barely rate on the scale of evil American sports owners) etc. associated with them.

Same here. Helps that by birthright I'm a red sox fan, so rooting for the nats just means I have an AL and and NL team. As much as it sucks that I haven't been to a sox game since I was 17, I still get to go to 15-20 games a season for a great baseball team that's in my own city, and the stadium is set up so that I can bike there and back and it's not out in the fucking boonies somewhere.

I can't believe I'm defending the fact that I support the baseball team for the city I live in. This is stupid. I was totally convinced the nats would make it to the ALCS this year. Probably completely fall on their face, but at least do that in the fucking second round. Now it's just another year of getting thiiiiiiis close to it. Goddamnit.
lights

Postby Much Honoured Lord Nefarious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 am

My father in law always pulls the nl/al team angle to get me to cheer for the twins. But like lol hell no dude.

Postby larry the cable guy tooth fairy 2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 am

Y'all get so weird and angry in here
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
larry the cable guy tooth fairy 2
smiling drinker

Postby Much Honoured Lord Nefarious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 am

Is dusty the nats manager next year? Dusty can't be the manager, right?

Postby tgk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:43 am

maybe someone will shit on the dugout steps again
tgk

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:09 am

how was surly the angriest person in here last night?
it's not like it was the orioles (and thankfully for us it won't be for a good long while)
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby separator » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 am

Keep DC out of your mouths you douchebags
separator

Postby lordofdiapers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:44 am

Damn I feel asleep on the couch and missed all of this
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby Much Honoured Lord Nefarious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 am

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=kgnqt5la6ak5juctmlee6pmki1&board=3.0

i'll be reading this all day. its fucking twisted, but i love reading back through gameday threads on fan boards to see the reactions. it's some real humanity at work.

Postby lordofdiapers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

Nats RP have no nerve

An open letter to Gio Gonzalez
« Topic Start: Today at 12:57:42 AM »
Dear Gio,

Please, do us Nats fans a favor. The next time you feel that pit of nausea in your stomach before a playoff game that you just KNOW is going to take over your nervous system and make you the wildest pitcher since Henry Rodriguez, you need to listen to your "flight or fight" response and run the hell away. Sight unseen, abandon your life as you know it. Take your millions and run off to Costa Rica or New Zealand or some other faraway place where you can live peacefully. None of us will begrudge you. It will be better for all parties involved.

Alternatively, you can also hold out at the start of next season and demand to be traded to the San Diego Padres. They are unlikely to make the postseason anytime soon, which should suit your play style. San Diego is a pretty nice place. It's even nicknamed "America's finest city." The people of San Diego expect very little of their players. Philip "doucheface" Rivers was a local hero there. You would love your new life there.

Sincerely,
KFYM
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby qwerty » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:27 am

fuck what a night. what a game. what a weird fucking game.
qwerty

Postby inspectorhound » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

Go Dodgers
inspectorhound

Postby surly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

mcwop23 wrote:how was surly the angriest person in here last night?
it's not like it was the orioles (and thankfully for us it won't be for a good long while)

My pet peeves are many and varied

Also :(
surly
the insult bastard

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All