Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby snuggle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:09 pm

So I’ve had a couple tracks up on the insight timer for about a year now. I’ve really enjoyed the app and it has felt good to give back in a way to that electronic community.

But I’ve noticed they’ve been implementing ways for the teachers and artists to get paid. Now they have courses available for download at a fee.

And yesterday I received an email that they are trying to allow artists to get donations from their listeners. They’ll take 15%, I’ll (the artists, guided meditators) will get 85%.

Any donators will appear on your “gratitude wall.”

Problem is, android accepted their idea to take donations, but Apple didn’t! That’s crazy.

Anyway, what I’m getting at is I don’t feel comfortable taking donations for some reason, within this community structure. I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking it through though, but my intuition is just upset. I don’t think I want to see a donation button for my music on a meditation app.

But I have my music up on bandcamp, for “name your price.” People can download it for free. Would I like money and in some sense a little recognition? Yes. It would be cool to get a few bones for an album. Now I’m really confused
snuggle

Postby terrific bedwetter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 pm

I would have no problem accepting support from people who appreciate my work in... basically any context

is there a way to just opt out of that so there is no button? maybe contact the dev if you feel like it
terrific bedwetter

Postby marble » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:50 pm

take the money
marble

Postby terrific bedwetter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:59 pm

papabones wrote:
wolfie wrote:
papabones wrote:What's in front of your face isn't fun and games, ultimately. It's a terror

This is a hell of a way to go through life.

I appreciate how you took this out of context.

re-read the last 4 pages and consider how you posted... in the thread

in my honest opinion, you misread a heap of shit and went off on a tear

and i dont like you so take that
terrific bedwetter

Postby terrific bedwetter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:01 pm

tb rolls in, quotes some weeks old posts, lays down his law

i am the light
terrific bedwetter

Postby snuggle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:02 pm

marble wrote:take the money

Ok ok
snuggle

Postby internethandle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm

yeah, i also say take the money. you can read up on dana if you want to feel better about it. it's supposed to be as much for the benefit of the person giving as the person receiving, if not more so, basically. another form of practice.
internethandle
ok

Postby madness and chaos » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 pm

i had to have my therapist talk me down from some massive drug shit this past week and he told me to plug my right nostril and only breathe out of my left and it calmed me down so fucking much. Taught me some other pranayama through text and some breath holding techniques and I swear these are the secrets to the world and definitely to mental health. I swear I just don't breathe right
Roberto Bolaño's chair
madness and chaos

Postby internethandle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:26 am

if you respond well to diaphragmatic breathing/other controlled techniques there's a pretty good pranayama app for your phone that has you build up to longer and longer outbreaths held to a tone it plays that i've used some

also in terms of doing so while meditating a lot of zen traditions (not so much vipassana, which traditionally tends to tell you to not control the breath) have controlled breathing techniques that incorporate rather interesting visualizations re: the breath energy (qi) being concentrated in a specific place below the navel (tanden, also has other names in other traditions/cultures) and flowing up back through the head along a meridian etc. that reflect zen's interfacing with taoism/qi gong/other traditions - more here from the late maezumi roshi:

https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-we-ignoring-about-breathing/

this video also touches on it (make sure subtitles are on):

internethandle
ok

Postby madness and chaos » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 am

internethandle wrote:if you respond well to diaphragmatic breathing/other controlled techniques there's a pretty good pranayama app for your phone that has you build up to longer and longer outbreaths held to a tone it plays that i've used some

also in terms of doing so while meditating a lot of zen traditions (not so much vipassana, which traditionally tends to tell you to not control the breath) have controlled breathing techniques that incorporate rather interesting visualizations re: the breath energy (qi) being concentrated in a specific place below the navel (tanden, also has other names in other traditions/cultures) and flowing up back through the head along a meridian etc. that reflect zen's interfacing with taoism/qi gong/other traditions - more here from the late maezumi roshi:

https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-we-ignoring-about-breathing/

this video also touches on it (make sure subtitles are on):

this stuff is pure gold. do you know the name of that app by chance?
Roberto Bolaño's chair
madness and chaos

Postby internethandle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:34 am

this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/universal-breathing-pranayama-lite/id435871685?mt=8

if you have android hopefully it's also available...
internethandle
ok

Postby madness and chaos » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 am

internethandle wrote:this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/universal-breathing-pranayama-lite/id435871685?mt=8

if you have android hopefully it's also available...

Yeah, my phone died during this past week. Maybe I'll get an iPhone again. It's been a while. Thank you for this!
Roberto Bolaño's chair
madness and chaos

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....