remember the video about Will Oldham raping another musician

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby gauchebag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:36 pm

i came across the 2002 cd and have seen him live a bunch of times over the years. certain friends of mine have gotten into him over the years and we all really like him.

but this one time he sent on out his email list a request for people to come flyer williamsburg with him and i was off that day so i emailed him back and i went

it was me, jeff lewis and this girl who had just moved from somewhere out west to work for Citi Bike and we just walked around and argued about New York and talked about old punk stuff and put up some flyers

it was weird though bc the deal was that he would guest list you into his show that weekend and at the end he brought it up all awkwardly but i couldn't go to the show anyway i just wanted to spend the afternoon with jeff lewis so i said "no man that's cool"
bruce1: fucking, fighting, i'm the one with gun
gauchebag

Postby wildarms » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 pm

somehow i only ever listened to his crass thing, these are so much better !

was "back at home" never released or is there some bootleg thing y'all have or whats the deal
wildarms

Postby mactheo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 am

I'm glad of and frankly surprised by the amount of love for jeffrey lewis on this board—

do you mean just that song; it's called Don't Be Upset but I think it's just a video of him playing it at his house

mactheo

Postby palms » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:57 am

My childhood best friend showed me Jeffrey Lewis some 10 years ago maybe and I didn't like it except anxiety attack which became a talisman of sorts for me as my own anxiety problems mutated and evolved through the years. I never appreciated my friends taste in music but looking back he was really dialed into the freak folk stuff in the best way and was very perceptive in his apreciation and in fact
quite a good performer himself
palms

Previous

Return to Free-For-All