new moderation policy (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:46 am

If you gotta leave you gotta leave but I for one think we will all be real sad if your trail of sick posts goes too :(
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Postby draw » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Please remove separator as a mod

draw

Postby nice pass » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:04 pm

No

nice pass
ok

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:07 am

damn Norm really checked out :(
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Postby Riverchrist » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 am

Berating her until she quit was important to make this a better place for everyone.

Riverchrist

Postby brittle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:24 am

time to ammend the "board's history with treating women" op :(

brittle

Postby grace cathedral park » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Riverchrist wrote:Berating her until she quit was important to make this a better place for everyone.

lol fuck you, asshole
Never knowingly eaten an ass.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Such a shame Norm was bullied into not apologizing and double downing on her behavior to the point she personally decided on her own accord to leave the board. What a cruel, unrelenting culture the internet has given us.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:59 pm

it's such a shame a boarder that had 20 pages of people telling her how awesome she is was forced to confront two upset boarders. what a horrible toxic place this is.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Such a shame that a boarder that has taken numerous breaks over her board tenure has chosen to take another board break. I'm so worn by the horrors of callout culture, we are clearly on the verge of a civil war.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:17 pm

I would have gone with:

if i was you, I mean
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Jay Reatard is a pretty problematic stage name, tbh

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Rest in Piss, Jay "Retarded" Reatard

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Hm, trying to decide if that's a shame

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby junebug » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:03 pm

brittle wrote:time to ammend the "board's history with treating women" op :(

to include norm implying that trans women still retain male habits?

I reeeaaalllly don't want to drag this on, but what happened wasn't a personal attack. we live in a transphobic culture. it’s not a targeted insult to alert someone to their echoing of transphobic sentiments. I've been called out for posting and saying sexist comments in the past. I apologized and continually make a conscious effort to eradicate that conditioning from my thoughts, speech & behavior. I'm still friends with those people who called me out and value that this community has people willing to do that extra work.

no one ever said they wanted norm banished from the board. she's obviously welcome here and the majority of boarders either don't see the problematic doubling-down on transphobic comments or they deliberately choose to not care about it! it's disingenuous to say that people berated her and it's not helpful to making this community a safer & more tolerant space. I doubt that's what boarders like riverchrist care about, though.

many are quick to point to these arguments as power-battles between hostile factions on the board. that's not only misleading, it frames any pushback on intolerant language as petty, calculated and opportunistic. there's not much utility in once again instigating this argument when one party isn't present and I wish people would think twice before neatly wrapping this up as more proof of cruel tone-policing.
Last edited by junebug on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

junebug

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:04 pm

you fucking centrist, trouble

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby brittle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:42 pm

bunejug wrote:
brittle wrote:time to ammend the "board's history with treating women" op :(

to include norm implying that trans women still retain male habits?

I reeeaaalllly don't want to drag this on, but what happened wasn't a personal attack. we live in a transphobic culture. it’s not a targeted insult to alert someone to their echoing of transphobic sentiments. I've been called out for posting and saying sexist comments in the past. I apologized and continually make a conscious effort to eradicate that conditioning from my thoughts, speech & behavior. I'm still friends with those people who called me out and value that this community has people willing to do that extra work.

no one ever said they wanted norm banished from the board. she's obviously welcome here and the majority of boarders either don't see the problematic doubling-down on transphobic comments or they deliberately choose to not care about it! it's disingenuous to say that people berated her and it's not helpful to making this community a safer & more tolerant space. I doubt that's what boarders like riverchrist care about, though.

many are quick to point to these arguments as power-battles between hostile factions on the board. that's not only misleading, it frames any pushback on intolerant language as petty, calculated and opportunistic. there's not much utility in once again instigating this argument when one party isn't present and I wish people would think twice before neatly wrapping this up as more proof of cruel tone-policing.

I'm 100% sympathetic and on board with this post. Tolerance above all; I didn't mean to stir the pot or point fingers or anything.

It was a cheap, easy joke; and probably tasteless, but there is still something eyebrow raising about how the norm situation fit the historic pathology of the board. I thought it was worth pointing out on case anyone missed it.

brittle

Postby silverapples » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:15 pm

thanks for your valuable contributions to the Discourse dude
im lookin to collect based energy from the plants and animals around me. im lookin to go into nature and then just absorb all the good feelings of life. im lookin to catch a body.

silverapples

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 am

h = humble in that

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Damn, love to have reasonable posts deleted

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby grace cathedral park » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm

you've echoed the same shit people have said a hundred times now i don't know what you fucking want

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

I said: What she sad was bad but she wasn't being malicious, we shouldn't go for the throat so much and that everybody does it so I'm not saying it's the Board Friends that are to blame and that it was bad but she was speaking her feelings without being malicious and we should listen because as we all love to say we don't listen to women very much. We should have just talked about it.

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

grace cathedral park wrote:you've echoed the same shit people have said a hundred times now i don't know what you fucking want

Not to have my posts deleted just because it's not incindiary

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby grace cathedral park » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Kenny wrote:I said: What she sad was bad but she wasn't being malicious, we shouldn't go for the throat so much and that everybody does it so I'm not saying it's the Board Friends that are to blame and that it was bad but she was speaking her feelings without being malicious and we should listen because as we all love to say we don't listen to women very much. We should have just talked about it.

fuck off, petty.

that's exactly how this all began. people tried to patiently talk to her about their grievances. and then other people tried to patiently talk to her about why those people were offended. and she acted like an asshole about it the entire time.

you're erasing the numerous amounts of hand holding, second chances, and good faith that boarders who were actually hurt by her posts gave her.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 pm

I don't think she acted like an asshole. It's weird how there are different perspectives. I think you're putting that on her. I think she was off base but I think her years of good boarding and being an obvious good person offset a situation where she wasn't being as aware as she could have been.

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Like I'm agreeing with you that she was in the wrong, but you're acting like I'm a piece of shit here because I don't think she was a bad person because of it

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby grace cathedral park » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:56 pm

i literally don't know what you want

people fucking ROASTED me over joking about dalen's child. he wasn't even offended by that. and yet i got shit for twenty pages about how fucked up my post was.

and then norm makes a joke, BECAUSE ALL NORM DOES IS JOKES, that actually offended someone and somehow norm is the victim because she doesn't want to apologize?

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:57 pm

i'm not saying she's a bad person or you have to think she's a bad person

i just think you don't need to keep saying how awesome norm is. it's already known. you're delegitimizing the pain that whips experienced by continuing to harp on this bullshit like a month after all of it went down.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby Kenny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I think that was wrong for them to roast you too! All I want is in the post that you fucking deleted because you felt like it

I think the board is less now that she's gone and I think it's bad that we constantly go for the throat. I think we have to be able to coexist with people we disagree with even if they fuck up on occaision because we can sense that they are decent or trying to be decent. She's not an enemy of yours, or probably anybody on this board

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley