Postby Poptone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 pm

deadbass,

glad things arrived! i'm sorry i got the back half of my gift out so late

i do hope you like everything :)
Poptone
cat fan

Postby RIXX » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Package officially sent off today. to a Chicago boarder :D

2 day priority mail, but because of the holiday monday, it's not arriving til Thursday the 18th
RIXX

Postby pantsoclock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:28 pm

I have also sent my santa wares. I am a responsible boy.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy
pantsoclock

Postby naturemorte » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:05 am

:ryan:
holy SHIT i hit the secret santa jackpot this year. i was secretly hoping i would be the recipient of kevmac's "extremely curated package" and i was for once in my life not disappointed. @bleunuitvideo is a favorite IG follow so i couldn't be happier to have copies of your work. btw i know have a 150 seat, fully equipped cinema at my disposal that i can go in every day and watch whatever i want, so i may save one or two of these to check out in there, but i did go out and buy a VCR tonight so that I could watch the original piece you sent. embarrassed to say that i didn't have one for A DECADE but this was finally the thing that made me go out and find a decent sony (with the all-important frame-by-frame jog-wheel).

on top of the dvd's and the original VHS there are some cassette mixes and vapor tapes that i am super psyched to blast and a link to what appears to be a serious treasure trove of experimental media upon which i am going to go ham.

seriously can't thank you enough for the incredible package.
:awful:
chad wrote:"How can I make this about me and also congratulate myself in some way" - basically every hipinion bro
naturemorte

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Yesss! I have no idea why it took so long to arrive, apparently it was stuck in Jamaica, NY for two weeks. But I'm really happy you dig it, I kept on flip flopping between "I think he'll like this!" and "Wow you really cheaped out," lol.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 pm

I haven't received my package yet, which normally would be a non issue but I'm totally worried it's because it was sent before I updated my address with the postal code (see the panicked toop on page 8.) Abs/aoife, could you let me know if I should be Very Worried about this or Not Worried At All?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Paging Wintergreen because I tried to send you a PM but the board ate it, you should have received your package back before Christmas
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby animefilm » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

That is a rad gift, very cool looking VHS and cassettes!
animefilm

Postby butter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am

Yay! Thanks animefilm! Can't wait to devour all the yummy looking treats. Also, very sweet to include a gift (the little koala I forgot to take a picture of) for lil butter. It's going to feel wrong opening something that's 20 years old, but I look forward to giving it to her. And thanks for the kind words about my music! Glad you enjoyed it.

And this poster... holy shit. This is going up in my office where I record said music. So yeah, you rule, animefilm. :D
butter

Postby Zardoz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Very nice!
Zardoz

Postby animefilm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:55 pm

:) Yahoo! I'm happy you liked your gift Butter. It was a lot of fun putting it together :)
animefilm

Postby wintergreen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:Paging Wintergreen because I tried to send you a PM but the board ate it, you should have received your package back before Christmas

hey ted! apologies for the radio silence. i received your package just before i went out of town for several weeks, and this thread being stickied makes it essentially invisible to me. i really appreciated the homemade bitters! i bought some seltzer water to test them with, and thus far the root beer is probably my favorite. it has a nice sort of black peppery finish that avoids the chemical taste of most commercial root beers. i'll be on the lookout for opportunities to use all of the flavors in the future. thanks, and happy holidays!
wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

incidentally, having been out of town, i haven't sent my recipient's gifts yet either, but i will this week.

#secondchristmas
wintergreen

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Very nice! The rootbeer is one of my favorites as well.
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Zardoz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:09 pm

I just received an awesome gift: coffee from Dormans in Kenya, a kikoi from Lamu, a bracelet from Nairobi, some Swiss army chocolate, and a vial of Crazy Ants. Also, there was no signature on the card so please reveal yourself and let my accolades rain upon you.

Zardoz

Postby wong » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 pm

This thread warms the heart.
wong

Postby nite69 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:23 pm

2 or 3 years ago i got abs as my secret santa, and this year she returned the favor!

the packaging

and what's this?

well, i wont press the issue

finally, the haul:

2 fantastic little books and 1 fantastic big book, along with a couple bookmarks, a sick skull sticker for my gas tank lid, 2 (count em, TWO) cards and a "Read FAST, Die YOUNG" pin. i'm so excited to dig into all of this stuff, thanks a ton abs!
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite69

Postby abs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:28 pm

yay! :D
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾
abs
Queen Witch

Postby deadbass » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:57 pm

I didn't want to ruin the surprise, but could user ahungbunny please confirm whether or not they've received their package? I'm worried!
deadbass

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:15 pm

waitin on one last thing to arrive ffor my santee !! then im shippin it out
...ive said too much
galactagogue

Postby goofjan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 pm

not sure if this is the right place for this. so... I haven't received mine yet - which is totally fine, there's still time - but today I got this mysterious package. a book direct from a 3rd party amazon seller, and the receipt identifies the buyer only as "Stevie."

This is either my secret santa gift or a belated birthday present from a good friend (who may or may not board here as well). either way someone is straight up The Game-ing me Sean Penn style, because I don't like Star Wars. who is it???

edit: to be fair, if it is the ss gift I see how it could seem like I'm a star wars fan. so if it was purchased sincerely, I do appreciate it! it is a beautiful book. but yeah, this is a mystery!!

plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby abs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:59 am

calling guy_incognito, I think?
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾
abs
Queen Witch

Postby ZONKER » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:06 am

goofjan grievens wrote:not sure if this is the right place for this. so... I haven't received mine yet - which is totally fine, there's still time - but today I got this mysterious package. a book direct from a 3rd party amazon seller, and the receipt identifies the buyer only as "Stevie."

This is either my secret santa gift or a belated birthday present from a good friend (who may or may not board here as well). either way someone is straight up The Game-ing me Sean Penn style, because I don't like Star Wars. who is it???

edit: to be fair, if it is the ss gift I see how it could seem like I'm a star wars fan. so if it was purchased sincerely, I do appreciate it! it is a beautiful book. but yeah, this is a mystery!!

Yeah, this was me. I always saw you making great informed posts in the Star Wars thread(s) and assumed you were a super fan - I also had it in my head for some reason that you made a post about wanting to read those books (or had read them?)

Either way, sorry for Game-ing you :oops: Hope it provides some kinda entertainment, or holds open a door really well in your house. You could also sell it to one of the nerds on here and I wouldn’t get mad!
Image Image Image Image Image
Shotfrog wrote:These horrible, despicable people make it so far in life, and last night I was eating kraft mac and cheese straight out of the pan with a wooden spoon.
ZONKER

Postby goofjan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 am

aww, thank you Zonks!

it's sort of like a double gift because I have been flipping through it and it's a good read even for a casual fan; but also the Game-ing was fun.

:)
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby galactagogue » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:48 pm

AHHHH nonchalant i love my giftsssss :)))))) your note was super sweet and the gifts were lovely!! i even looked up the guy who makes the spiderweb art and now im obsessed haha. Thank you so much !!!

i mean this guy is pretty cool
...ive said too much
galactagogue

Postby RIXX » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 pm

yay!!!! yr very welcome :D :D
I seriously second guess my secret santa presents every dang year and I get sick to my stomach and start feeling like I facked up
I have never seen that video but that guy seems super awesome, i love passionate niche hobbyists. my friend got the spidey web plate for herself earlier last year and I remembered it while I was wandering aimlessly around shoppes. I really think i'm gonna go buy one for myself next payday lol
RIXX

Postby Science » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Thank you so much for the lovely gift, pantsoclock!

The print is gorgeous. Maybe you can give me some tips on how to to best present it. Would love to hang it but not sure the best backing.

The hat is soft and a great color. I'll get plenty of use out of it this winter and many more.

The coffee smells wonderful. My wife and I pulled the trigger on a grinder to make use of it.

Much appreciated.
Science
Prometheus sucks.

Postby pantsoclock » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm

ah, I'm glad it got there!
I should have included a gift certificate for framing or something, since it's literally the most expensive thing in the entire world. For not breaking the bank on it, I think pre-made standard size frame is the way to go. There's a bunch of extra space on the paper so it's no big deal to cut it down to fit something.
If you'd like it framed and every option is absurd let me know and I'll see what I can do. I don't want to saddle you with a white elephant of a gift.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy
pantsoclock

Postby Science » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks for offering. Cost isn't the issue though. Just wondering if you've tried any alternative displays like this.

I might put it in a frame behind glass later but I have a move coming up and I'm thinking about ease of transport.

Anyways, I'll figure some thing out.
Science
Prometheus sucks.

Postby sassafras socks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Keep holding out hope that I'll receive something eventually but honestly it isn't a big deal since I had fun putting together the package for nice pass :)

Got screwed in both secret santas I participated in before (not hpn) so it's almost expected now, hah
sassafras socks

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....