Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Eyeball Kid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 am

There's a house a couple blocks from mine where the owners do it up with the decorations every Halloween. This includes a skeleton family: a mother, a father, and a child. It is a little unsettling to suddenly have to think about a dead child while walking by some otherwise festive decorations. (That guy is a dummy, though.)
Eyeball Kid

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:46 am

is it the one with the skeleton kid on a swing in the tree?
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Eyeball Kid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:54 am

It's this house

(Not a recent picture; I grabbed it from Google)

I haven't noticed a swinging skeleton.
Eyeball Kid

Postby Frank » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 pm

shades of

dog diarrhea in my beard
Frank

Postby husbands » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:03 pm

yashcha mounk is a fucking imbecile
ROLL COAL
husbands

Postby Sobieski » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:06 pm

:lol: :lol:

at that kirk quote
smoke less weed
get more sleep
always tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby an otter » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Annie May wrote:
enjoyed watching this the other night with a friend. i really like this channel, it seems to be mostly a good intro to postmodernism but I'll admit that my knowledge of philosophy is pretty shallow so i wouldn't notice any flaws probably. anyway the above video is a pretty good 'rational' takedown of why peterson is a hack and a dunce, could be good to show to his follwers

I actually enjoyed this a lot, but got a hard laugh when he deadpan self-promoted his post-modernist deconstruction of Sonic Adventure 2.

His conclusion summary was good enough that I felt it was worth transcribing:

Peterson has a misunderstanding of post-modern philosophers at a very basic level, the kind that could be fixed by reading an introductory book or two. Clearly he is not stupid, if he really wanted to, he could develop an actual understanding of Derrida and Foucault, certainly so, if I could. I do not know if he is unwilling to learn [these understandings] because of his biases, or if he knows he is wrong and is simply lying, but in either case, the effect is the same. Peterson's attempt to paint post-modernism as Marxism in disguise makes absolutely no sense theoretically, but in terms of his intentions makes perfect sense. It functions similarly to a term like Cultural Marxism, because it throws together a whole bunch of different ideas into one big pile, from Marxism-Leninism, to critical theory, to post-structuralism, to intersectional-feminism, and labels all of it bad in a single motion. By pretending all of these very different movements have the same origin and the same intent, one avoids the hard work of actually engaging with [a] theory, and simplifies the world to the point where it can identify a single main enemy that prevents the status quo from being as good as it otherwise would be. In other words, pure ideology.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby oomphull » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:37 am

Does anyone else think it's weird how Peterson will start addressing the 2nd person in his lectures and say a bunch of derogatory stuff? It's as if he's insulting his audience on a regular basis. "But you can't do anything because you're absolutely worthless" etc.

Shitty
hologram wrote:are you chuckling at all the giggle?
oomphull

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....