who's got a younger brother

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby tarantula » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 am

i'm telling this guy, quit syphoning money off our mother...

she's got enough to deal w/ w/out yr entitled ass
tarantula

Postby churrokbyme » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:15 am

I do. Also the guilt trip from the folks about “setting a proper example” and being a good “role mode” for him. He’s a good dude though.
churrokbyme

Postby chargie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 am

My lil bro is cool, he lives out in berlin so don't get to see him much
chargie

Postby theta » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:24 am

yeah he is 23 and still lives at home with no job
Jeremy wrote:If you want a vision of the future, imagine a sarcastic serf - forever.
theta
Noted Futurist and Geo Metro Enthusiast

Postby neopolitan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:30 am

yes and he's wealthier than i ever think i'll be.
I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur.
neopolitan

Postby PROBLEMATIC » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:33 am

I do, he's best friend
and you'll find
my door with your name in diamonds
and you'll feel lonely
no more
PROBLEMATIC
clown is my friend

Postby gallits » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:35 am

yeh he's 2 mins younger than me tho
gallits

Postby Bitter » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:36 am

I have three (oldest)
All have lives of their own
Excited to get together at chrimbo/drink/reminisce
Bitter

Postby figaro » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:02 am

I'm the lil bro in my family

ama
figaro

Postby Catullus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am

He's 30 and p cool
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 am

theta wrote:yeah he is 23 and still lives at home with no job

this was me @ 23 8-)

i got two younger brothers, one i'm real good friends with and we go to festivals and parties etc together all the time, the other lives pretty far away and i barely see him. he's all about having a gf and going on day trips at the weekend. got a lil sis as well, but that's another matter
Gnome Sane
Prof. Horatio Hufnagel

Postby criss elliott » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:13 am

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel wrote:

this was me @ 23 8-)

me too, and now i'm 57 with 12 jobs
criss elliott

Postby bear » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 am

Not me :)
bear
good bear

Postby terminus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 am

he's going through a major depressive episode/quarter life crisis flunking out of college and my dad texts me every morning complaining that he doesn't get out of bed until 3pm. i relate to that, but i don't really know how to help him. somehow i'm not perceived as the failson.
terminus

Postby trellisaze » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm

this is where "ante up" enters the equation
internetfriend wrote:i've learned to take some real pleasure in having a nice cup of coffee in the morning and banging on this old washbin
trellisaze

Postby chad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:06 pm

I have one. He's 15 and very good at math/chess/general nerd stuff but I'm worried about his social skills
chad

Postby chad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Like he gets invited to weird competitions at Harvard and MIT but is bad at communicating. Very engineer-y way of articulation already. I am a little nervous about it. Plus we have a really overbearing mother.
chad

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 pm

two younger bros and we're all in our 30's.

We couldn't be more different however we share a common bond with watching sports on tv
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby marble » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:12 pm

tarantula wrote:i'm telling this guy, quit syphoning money off our mother...

she's got enough to deal w/ w/out yr entitled ass

mine's 29. still lives at home. occasionally gets a job but only ends up doing it for a month or so before he quits. unemployed atm. has lived overseas a few times when he manages to save up enough money (he's done this at least 5 times) but eventually comes back to my parents place when he spends it all. he's obsessed with cleanliness. is undiagnosed. i think he has minor ocd and maybe some anxiety issues but then somehow manages to go live in LA for 2 months by himself and crashes parties in vegas hosted by scott dissick, so probably not entirely anxiety related? i think he just hates work and has some stupid belief that he's going to get rich without trying. he's currently reading books about the stock market.

mum broke down at a dinner once because she doesn't know what to do with him. i'm real afraid i'm going to have to look after him when they die. just wish he's get a job and move out.
bingo wrote:Suit by Dior, bag by Tesco
marble

Postby Milk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

my brother's 40 and i'm 39 so we're basically on the same level. There's not even quite 13 months separating us.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby blurst of times » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 pm

my little bro is 29 and just bought a really nice house in our hometown. i'm gonna be spending a few days with him next week.

we used to fight a lot as kids and were kind of indifferent to each other as adults for a while, but last year i planned his bachelor party and was the best man at his wedding, and i think we're a lot closer now. we're probably gonna see a star war together, as is our (new) tradition.
blurst of times
ride.

Postby oomphull » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:39 pm

yeah, i have a younger brother. He joined the football military in middle school and served tours all the way through college. Now he's a high school coach and seems to have this hive-mind of friends from high school that travels as a swarm. Damndest thing. Good guy. Hard to get to.
oomphull

Postby Buddy Knox » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Yeah, he's 28 and in the middle of an ugly divorce. He's hoping to get full custody of his son because his wife is incapable of properly caring for him. I let him move into my apartment and I moved out and back in with my old roommates. He does project management for a formwork manufacturer and is a bartender on the weekends. People often think he's my older brother in spite of him being 4 years younger. He looks like an in-shape version of me. It's bizarre.
Buddy Knox

Postby mondays » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm

i'm 23 and the oldest and live at home with a job

it's not so bad
mondays

Postby mondays » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 pm

my little brother is chill though we bond over video games
mondays

Postby PROBLEMATIC » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 pm

chad wrote:Like he gets invited to weird competitions at Harvard and MIT but is bad at communicating. Very engineer-y way of articulation already. I am a little nervous about it. Plus we have a really overbearing mother.

irrevocable damage
and you'll find
my door with your name in diamonds
and you'll feel lonely
no more
PROBLEMATIC
clown is my friend

Postby shark week » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:24 pm

it really bothers me how much i influenced them socially and interests-wise. whenever we're together around friends they make fun of us for looking and acting so similarly.

we spent every waking moment together for 12-15 years and then i left for school and now we talk to one another once a month, if that, or just during holiday dinners and family events
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby shark week » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm

there's no way my brothers should have looked up to me but that's just how it worked out. i was a pretty high performer in school and constantly had the approval of my folks. my folks then wielded this against my brothers in terms of expectations. my parents still practice these same comparison tactics but now i am the fallen son and my middle brother is the high performer.
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby dmitry » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:36 pm

having a younger brother might just be my defining characteristic
dmitry

Postby chad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:43 pm

PROBLEMATIC wrote:
chad wrote:Like he gets invited to weird competitions at Harvard and MIT but is bad at communicating. Very engineer-y way of articulation already. I am a little nervous about it. Plus we have a really overbearing mother.

irrevocable damage

eat my ass you simpering little worm

edit: problematic and I are now friends
chad

Next

Return to Free-For-All