Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:39 am

oh. the half of lsd dream emulators that are urban are always a joy to wander around to. i can't believe i hadn't played it until a few months ago given how many ppl i know who's taste i trust love it. truly something special.

mystery rash wrote:chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo!!!

theendoftheworld666@aol.com
sissy puppy

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 am

I've hit rock bottom!
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 am

check out solaris hovering above the tower of babel

I've hit rock bottom!
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 am

im sorry this isn't really related but, "cable car enthusiast"

I've hit rock bottom!
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby gambra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm

goofysdeadwife69 wrote:i took some great shots of sh 2/3 the last time i played them on this computer. i'll occasionally boot up 3 just to wander around the mall that the game starts in. idk why that never came up for me in the "favorite videogame space" cuz it's definitely one of them. playing those games on pcsx2 w/ the graphic settings cranked up rly brings home how timeless those games are. doesn't really work for the first game cuz of how intentionally lo-fi it is tho.

https://www.avclub.com/the-original-sil ... 1822117058

THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby warmhouse » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 pm

warmhouse wrote:This thread made me buy Deus Ex Mankind Divided and I'm looking forward to spending a day exploring the urban environment.

OK so I played this for twenty minutes or so and it bored the living christ out of me. I was just shooting brown people in Dubai. Does it get better? I'm an intensely lazy pacifist gamer so maybe this isnt the game for me.
warmhouse

Postby chairkicker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm

it's an imperfect game but it gets better. what you've played so far is basically the tutorial level and it ain't great

if i'm gonna speak to its urbex credentials i can tell you that despite its less than perfect qualities it's got one of the most well realized and frankly awe inspiring undergrounds i've every seen in a game. and yeah i'm talking about its sewers and storm drains. for every inch of prague streets you get to explore in this game there's an equal amount of underground space
chairkicker

Postby warmhouse » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 pm

fuck. i think i need to complete the tutorial then. just wish i could skip it. i dont care about the story.
warmhouse

Postby Esteban » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 pm

I played thru mankind divided since its free on ps+ & it's decent but I can't say I was that enthralled with the world/environment.
Esteban

Postby chairkicker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:16 pm

i mean it's a pretty flawed game

but those sewers, man...
chairkicker

Postby warmhouse » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 pm

warmhouse wrote:
warmhouse wrote:This thread made me buy Deus Ex Mankind Divided and I'm looking forward to spending a day exploring the urban environment.

I'm an intensely lazy pacifist gamer

oh hold up.... now this looks like some shit for me: http://store.steampowered.com/app/66614 ... At_Portia/
warmhouse

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:37 am

c/p from j-games thread cuz it seems like it would scratch that itch pretty well.

god i want to play this

cover is nsfw

ImageToggle Spoiler

Germs: Nerawareta Machi (literally "Germs: The Targeted Town") is a Japanese-exclusive open world adventure game for the PlayStation that was developed and published by KAJ. Taking the role of a reporter who has returned to their hometown to work at a newly opened branch office for their newspaper, players must investigate the town as it undergoes a series of unusual events, most notably the grotesque mutation of its inhabitants. This is accomplished primarily by gathering information, but combat sections involving melee weapons and guns also occur periodically. Like many other games of its genre, Germs features an internal clock that runs six times faster than real time, as well as a day/night cycle, both of which affect the schedules of various functions around time, most notably the times when players can enter businesses and use public transportation. Released to little fanfare in Japan, it remains the only game produced by KAJ to date.

sissy puppy

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 am

i was pretty thoroughly unimpressed with deus ex human revolution as a whole but i think about wandering the streets of detroit and hong kong pretty often.

invisible war is prettttty bad but i have tons of fondness for it just because it was the first game i played that even hinted at this type of potential.

sissy puppy

Postby warmhouse » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:58 pm

ima bump this ish!!!
warmhouse

Postby chairkicker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:27 pm

chairkicker

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 pm

that reminds me of a more urban chulip, another game i've always wanted to play but never gotten around to.

sissy puppy

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 pm

the last few hours of shenmue ii aren't 'urban'. like you're in a rural forest wandering around with a woman while you talk about animals. but it's sequencing after the first 50-75% of the game is in an urban environment helps make it to be one of the most powerful things in games i can think of & helps a relatively constrained game space feel absolutely immense. sega spent millions of dollars making the most expensive games in history at the time and they're 90% stuff like that. why couldn't that have caught on and more games were just wandering around environments and talking to people.

oh, kowloon walled city is a pretty amazing, dense feeling environment on it's own. what a game.

sissy puppy

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 am

saw a good post on facebook discussing public transport in videogames and im gonna have to agree with their post on these sick friends despite them prob not being public transport
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 am

i n t e r m o d a l

Postby futurist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:51 am

wow i need to play these
futurist

Postby turquoise albino » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:52 am

turquoise albino

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:10 pm

mankind divided is 6 bucks on steam right now which i feel is the right price to wander around in a not great deus ex game will report back to this thread with my impressions of it.

sissy puppy

Postby Milk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:56 pm

i think urban exploration in Deux Ex games is terrible cause you never get the feel you're in a city.

This is pretty much why i cant play them. Well that and pretty boring gameplay i guess... i tried whichever one is the next to last one and was bored after 2 hours and never went back.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Milk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm

i was pretty bummed when after having spent a lot of time making a detailed futuristic montreal (the game was developed here) they were basically told eventually to cut the montreal bits to almost nothing. I'd like to know what its like to see your city replicated in a game even in a futuristic one. I think too if i remember correctly it would have been set in my neighborhood.

I was pretty geeked when i played AC Black Flag and at some point in the modern day bits you get to the top of the building and you can see Hochelaga and downtown and it looks like it should to the point i could more or less point out to where i used to live in Hochelag. Of course its easier to do it accurately when it's just a background and not somewhere you can actually go.

Still i hope one day i can roam around in a game replica of this city. It's like not enough of a famous intl destination to make it be a game setting. I think still the most likely to do it are Ubisoft. Make a watch dogs III set here or something.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby misadventurous » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:16 pm

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:i n t e r m o d a l

Yesss

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread title was flying around Vivec and checking out all the cantons
misadventurous

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:32 pm

the first deus ex is definitely better than any of the games that followed but i still dont know if it would qualify as city feeling for this threads purposes. i feel like the scenery is vaguer and leaves more to the imagination and your brain fills in a lot of the details i guess. i really like the paris level because it's so stressful that i've never explored what feels like 75% of it.

god maybe ill give daggerfall a shot instead. i'd almost 100% have more fun with it if it's not impossible to play on my computer.

sissy puppy

Postby chairkicker » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

i want to know who at sony thought the Boku No Natsuyasumi games didn't deserve western releases. they would've been major sleeper hits
chairkicker

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:47 pm

i fucking hate this videogame

Postby Jeremy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Is that Fahrenheit?
Jeremy

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....