Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:57 am

this band was named after a brand of beer
tarantula

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 am

Creedance beerwater revival
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:31 am

hey kwisatz,

this band are a bunch of fucken nerds... the drummer's wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt, the other guy's special needs in goggles w/ mouth agape, the singer's got a punished dutch boy's haircut

yet they synchronize into this weird manifestation of perfectly controlled rock 'n roll release on this track

anyway, how have you been in this year of our lord 2018?
tarantula

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 am

Pretty good. We are having a baby in June. How are you?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:45 am

The cat just licked the hell out of my face so I would get up and give her breakfast. Everything is snow covered outside even the roads. Not looking forward to trying to clean the drive.
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:01 am

well, i know these sort of conversations in a thread are irritating for anyone besides ourselves but since i started it, i'm going to congratulate you on the baby, the cat licking yr face, and the beautiful snow

also, check out the guitar solo @ around 3:25 on this ccr track:

tarantula

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 am

no one else posts at the witching hour anyway
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 am

oh yeah, i'm doing fine

suicide hotline volunteering, working on a dissertation about how symbols interact w/ the subconscious, looking for an internship, and otherwise enjoying myself
tarantula

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:08 am

i don't know how i feel about that guitar solo. how do symbols interact with the subconscious?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 am

the idea is that the subconscious works primarily w/ visual images, more so than the other 4 senses

and because the subconscious is the field wherein lasting change can take place

visual symbols are the key to self-consciously working w/ subconsciousness

basically, i'm trying to use tarot (a universal symbol system) to create a line of communication between self-consciousness and subconsciousness

to the end that people can quickly and efficiently uncover their hidden subconscious content and work with it consciously
tarantula

Postby jewels » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 am

I heard or read an interview with Fogerty and he said one of the things that annoyed him about modern music was none of the instruments seemed to know about their place. Lead guitars walked all over everything else, drums filled all the space, everything crammed into everything. When you're singing, the singing is the thing, when the lead comes in, everything else steps back.

while I don't agree with that as a catch all rule for music, it does help explain why his songs work so well.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:00 am

tarantula wrote:the idea is that the subconscious works primarily w/ visual images, more so than the other 4 senses

and because the subconscious is the field wherein lasting change can take place

visual symbols are the key to self-consciously working w/ subconsciousness

basically, i'm trying to use tarot (a universal symbol system) to create a line of communication between self-consciousness and subconsciousness

to the end that people can quickly and efficiently uncover their hidden subconscious content and work with it consciously

so theoretically if we found the right symbols we could totally pacify ourselves
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 am

yeah, i guess so but the aim is more along the lines of evolving to higher states of super-consciousness than pacification
tarantula

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 am

jewels wrote:I heard or read an interview with Fogerty and he said one of the things that annoyed him about modern music was none of the instruments seemed to know about their place. Lead guitars walked all over everything else, drums filled all the space, everything crammed into everything. When you're singing, the singing is the thing, when the lead comes in, everything else steps back.

while I don't agree with that as a catch all rule for music, it does help explain why his songs work so well.

think it was on the wtf podcast where i heard fogety talking about how he arranged his songs to sound good on a car stereo of the time, like eq'd the highs, mids, and lows to sound best coming out of a dashboard
tarantula

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 am

pretty sure the answer to that one is some kind of variation on a triangle or prism. maybe that mason eye on the back of the dollar bill
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby jewels » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 am

I think you are right, it was on WTF.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby Sobieski » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:40 am

tarantula wrote:yeah, i guess so but the aim is more along the lines of evolving to higher states of super-consciousness than pacification

what if like our hardware/wetware isn't strong enough? like we need to add on another lobe of the brain or something to get to super-consciousness
Johann POOPLER wrote:Progress is the exploration of our own error
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 am

i'm glad you asked that question, so i could tell you

we've already got the extra lobe and its working at this very moment (just not consciously)
tarantula

Postby Sobieski » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:42 am

Left Uh God Job in the City
Johann POOPLER wrote:Progress is the exploration of our own error
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby tarantula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am

chasing down hoodoo there
tarantula

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 am

Sobieski wrote:Left Uh God Job in the City

woiken for the man every night and day
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby tricksforchips » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 am

I only listen to two bands... CCR and Creedence Clearwater Revival.
tricksforchips

Return to Free-For-All