whats the hooting/whistling/stomping bros ur-album

Ive found in time the search on this forum was shit but if you google whatever keywords with the word hipinion, you get what you're looking for most of the time. I mean even when they keywords aren't exact.

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:37 pm

i really like the peripatetic hoot videos
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:38 pm

did le blogoteque invent that form
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 pm

I think they might have. Take away show is the first one that I was ever familiar with.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 pm

a friend from college who did musical theater (and still does) once told me about how, in musicals, it's important for a song to take you from one place to another, physically and emotionally, as this moves the story forward. Seems like maybe hoot is trying to tap into that magic with gondola sessions, tram sessions, take away shows, etc.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby antoine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Have we discussed The Apartment Sessions? This just came up in my yt feed and broke my brain. Is this the Ultimate Session?

antoine

Postby ripersnifle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Frank wrote:bongo does the yeoman's work for sure
by the way be sure to catch yeoman's work at the next gondola session
:lol:
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

antoine wrote:Have we discussed The Apartment Sessions? This just came up in my yt feed and broke my brain. Is this the Ultimate Session?

good lord. yes. yes, this is the ultimate session. insane.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Bartatua » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:35 pm

that session has everything, though there's is a surprisingly low number of beards per capita
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:37 pm

motherfuck that’s a Session
bongo
man in hammock

Postby antoine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:44 pm

antoine

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm

That video has it all. It's a Peripatetic Session with a choral section large enough to scare the polyphonic spree, multiple bearded acoustic guitarists, a room with a half dozen drummers (bombastic percussion? check!), at least one with soft mallets, plus multiple bongo players (including one highly gifable guy with a beard and a winter cap even though the room is warm enough for others to wear t-shirts), harps, a string session, there's a dedicated room just for strumming bros (check out 1:22), a kitchen full of brass players which also has a backup singer wearing a gopro on his forhead, even the cameraman has a tambourine. This video is like the Noah's ark of hoot. There's AT LEAST two of everything. Even the curly haired acoustic hootbro who takes liberties with the lyrics at 4:10 is not the only to do so. Not by a long shot. Bassist at 5:00 wears his winter cap bon-style. Absolutely insane. You could watch that video a million times and still find new bits of hootlore.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:52 pm

antoine wrote:Image

YES! I didn't even see this post yet when I called that bro highly gifable in my own rant.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Autarch wrote:That video has it all. It's a Peripatetic Session with a choral section large enough to scare the polyphonic spree, multiple bearded acoustic guitarists, a room with a half dozen drummers (bombastic percussion? check!), at least one with soft mallets, plus multiple bongo players (including one highly gifable guy with a beard and a winter cap even though the room is warm enough for others to wear t-shirts), harps, a string session, there's a dedicated room just for strumming bros (check out 1:22), a kitchen full of brass players which also has a backup singer wearing a gopro on his forhead, even the cameraman has a tambourine. This video is like the Noah's ark of hoot. There's AT LEAST two of everything. Even the curly haired acoustic hootbro who takes liberties with the lyrics at 4:10 is not the only to do so. Not by a long shot. Bassist at 5:00 wears his winter cap bon-style. Absolutely insane. You could watch that video a million times and still find new bits of hootlore.

dying
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:54 pm

maybe add another PIP on the left side where it's hoot.gif?
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

oh god, now I'm cracking up just at the tapestry on left side of that gif. that room is totally decked out in hoot swag.

edit: bartatua noticed the hanging banjo too. unreal.
Last edited by Autarch on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Bartatua » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 pm

i like the hanging banjo, which doubles as another great title for a hoot project
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:02 pm

anyone care to thematize the differences between hoot, jammy bluegrass, and Indie Folk?
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 pm

holy cow, if you go to the part in the video where the gif comes from (around 1:37), you can actually specifically hear him playing the bongos extra loud and clear. I'm not kidding.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby antoine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Autarch wrote:

holy cow, if you go to the part in the video where the gif comes from (around 1:37), you can actually specifically hear him playing the bongos extra loud and clear. I'm not kidding.

I noticed this. Specific instruments on camera are pronounced, so like they mixed all that cacophony in line with the camera editing. Bewildering video.
antoine

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 pm

I keep watching the part that starts at 4:00 where it looks like everyone is anticipating some kind of hoot rapture and there's a bearded hootbro in the back, wearing a bon-style winter cap and a scarf that he probably got when he went hiking in patagonia, who is still shrugging his shoulders in rhythm, right before it cuts to the harpist and then the lyrical liberty-taking acoustic hootcrooner, who is gradually joined by more and more fellow hoot singers, strummers, and string-players. excellent stuff.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

are there any more of these Super Sessions
bongo
man in hammock

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

maybe we should call these ßessions
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 pm

oh god

Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 pm

when the panflautist floats by at 1:07, I just about had a hoot attack.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:29 pm

didn't even notice the granny until she got her feature
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby antoine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Ok Apartment Sessions has to be some kind of band camp/music major project right? People don't just have harps laying around
antoine

Postby ripersnifle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:35 pm

bongo wrote:maybe we should call these ßessions
lol
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby Autarch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

antoine wrote:Ok Apartment Sessions has to be some kind of band camp/music major project right? People don't just have harps laying around

based on the decor of the apartments and the people playing, it's safe to say that these are mostly college kids.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby hbb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm

I can’t even hit play on that, my eyes are full of tears
hbb

Postby bongo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 pm

i’m dying
bongo
man in hammock

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All