Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby gandhi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 pm

I often think about them air guitaring and jumping off furniture or whatever to Dino Jr
gandhi

Postby jewels » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 pm

emotional fascism wrote:so i finally watched Slow Century a couple weeks ago and it's been almost an all consuming Pavement deep dive into their catalog over the past 2 weeks.

best band. i regret not taking them more seriously when i was in college and they were active.

I had more fun seeing them live a few years ago than I did at all the other times I saw them in the 90s.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby jewels » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm

I think the most fun part of enjoying them in the moment was trading live cassettes and sharing b sides with friends and being excited they were on 120 minutes making mostly awful videos. I guess it was pretty fun. I like fun.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby Tar Pit » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm glad people dig Brighten the Corners. It's an incredibly solid album that's definitely overlooked.

The reunion show I saw them at was seriously excellent and it felt like they never stopped playing.
Tar Pit

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Terror Twilight is the second best Pavement album
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby blurst of times » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Not seeing them on their reunion tour is one of my greatest regrets

Terror twilight is a good album but easily their worst
blurst of times
ride.

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

blurst of times wrote:Not seeing them on their reunion tour is one of my greatest regrets

Terror twilight is a good album but easily their worst

i had two tickets but no car. my friend backed out last minute and it was a 3 hour drive that i couldn't convince anyone on
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
REAL BASED SLOB

Postby odilon redon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:24 pm

not at all into any of the stuff past wz
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby alaska » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm

marvelous band
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby alaska » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm

wowee zowee is so fucking cool
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby traced out » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:13 am

i'm definitely getting old. listening to pavement is an intersection of nostalgia and wish fulfillment, i'm tone-deaf singing transport is arranged and imagining i'm malkmus, and then feeling, yeah, this is basically how it's always been, going back to when i was in my lame hs band trying to grasp at their sound. they're basically the apex, quintessential sound of the nerd punk high school music fantasy. i guess they weren't my favorite band back then, but maybe they are now.
traced out

Postby G_S » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 am

:) good post

Brighten The Corners has been back in the rotation for me and you described the feeling exactly
G_S

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....