will you watch the new queer eye for the straight guy?

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Kenny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm calling shenanigans on the black dude who was gay and wanted to come out to his step-mom.

That dude was too buff and good looking. He was either an actor or just made messy to get a free home makeover.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby galactagogue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:11 pm

yeah i was also sorta suspect of the whole coming out on camera on a TV show thing tbh.
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

Postby jarsilver » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 pm

I love AJ

jarsilver

Postby Brevity » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:32 am

AJ is the best. Just read he and his boyfriend got engaged

Brevity

Postby ocean pimp » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:44 am

Luv AJ. He was probably out to certain people in his life but that doesn't make him coming out to his stepmom any less real

i can totally believe he was that messy and that closeted and still that good looking under his scruff and under his clothes.

ocean pimp

Postby ocean pimp » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:45 am

like up until a couple years ago i thought taking care of my appearance could only be done to a certain level because otherwise it'd cross over into the realm of the feminine or some bullshit but now i love facial masques and being bougie and shit

ocean pimp

Postby grammatron » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:46 am

Just started watching this and I love it, but I'm also like "Wow Tom is such a sweet guy and this is so great but wow just imagine what Tom posts on his facebook page," and then it all starts to fall apart.

grammatron

Postby ocean pimp » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 am

they should have a transman on the next season and more guys like AJ instead of these boring ass white dudes

isn't that the whole point of dropping "for the straight guy" from the title?

ocean pimp

Postby grammatron » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:05 am

Oh whoa, the friend of the straight guy in ep 2 is a dude I know from the Atl comedy scene. What a life.

grammatron

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 am

grammatron wrote:Just started watching this and I love it, but I'm also like "Wow Tom is such a sweet guy and this is so great but wow just imagine what Tom posts on his facebook page," and then it all starts to fall apart.

Wait'll you get to the cop episode

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby wintergreen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:20 am

i finally finished all the episodes. i think the firefighter episode was the most stressful. they loosened up eventually, but it was concerning when they made tan button up his shirt.

wintergreen

Postby mellowgold » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 am

wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby Cone » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 am

I miss all five of those dudes so much :(

Cone

Postby jefe górgory » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Haven't read the interview yet, but lol at him wearing a Strokes shirt as the main photo
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby jefe górgory » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:27 pm

That's one of the recipes that seems so incredibly simple to people watching and commenting online, but I'm sure you see it as a building block to what's next, right?
Yeah. It's not a cooking show. It's not about my skillset. It's about figuring out how we can contribute to the lives of these people in a very short amount of time. It has to be very fact based and in a simple way. If you just have these people start thinking differently about the food, I think then I'm happy with that. Then I feel like my job is done if that curiosity is there.

It's not rocket science, but it's something that, with Corey for instance, he could do with his kids. It put them in the kitchen together. I don't think they've ever had that moment before. We should all have a moment where we're with our parents in the kitchen learning something and just interacting in that way.

With Neil it really touched me, because I went into his kitchen, and it was these relics from 10 years ago from when he used to cook and entertain. This is someone who has struggled with depression. I know very intimately what that's like—to close yourself off from the world and then to come back and have that interest come up again. I get texts from him on a regular basis. He sends me photos of the things that he makes for his friends, of the omelets that he makes for himself. He's thriving.

jefe górgory

Postby Cone » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Yeah Antoni is more about the experience and meaningfulness of cooking rather than being a culinary mastermind. He’s an incredibly sweet and thoughtful dude.

lol @ the Strokes shirt

Cone

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:52 pm

I really like all 5 of the dudes, and want more.

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby marble » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Celiac Cruz wrote:

Haven't read the interview yet, but lol at him wearing a Strokes shirt as the main photo

he was also wearing a different strokes shirt in the ep i watched yesterday. i think it was when he tagged along with the fashion dude when they were making over the coder? which made it all the more funny, mainly because i thought the straight guy was better dressed than antoni. but what do i know!

marble

Postby grace cathedral park » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:10 pm

I really like how they comment on each other’s Instagram posts
Never knowingly eaten an ass.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Celiac Cruz wrote:

damn this strokes shirt is sick
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby jefe górgory » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Cone wrote:Ahaha I love that you guys are pointing out the Strokes shirts. So I think the way that started was Antoni just wore one off his own accord in one of the first episodes that we shot and then when we contacted their label or whoever to clear the logo for copyright purposes they just responded by sending us a shit ton of Strokes vintage tees. Then I think the wardrobe department just felt obligated to use them.

bumping this sweet piece of queer eye/strokes lore

jefe górgory

Postby mellowgold » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 pm

i want a the strokes t-shirt .... ...
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.

mellowgold

Postby ocean pimp » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 pm

my thesis advisor went to undergrad with karamo :D

ocean pimp

Postby Hal Jordan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Celiac Cruz wrote:
Cone wrote:Ahaha I love that you guys are pointing out the Strokes shirts. So I think the way that started was Antoni just wore one off his own accord in one of the first episodes that we shot and then when we contacted their label or whoever to clear the logo for copyright purposes they just responded by sending us a shit ton of Strokes vintage tees. Then I think the wardrobe department just felt obligated to use them.

bumping this sweet piece of queer eye/strokes lore

told this story to 2 ppl so far, will tell more.
A lamp with a white shade was knocked over and broken. Someone was smoking pot. “This is the pot room!” a young man said.
Hal Jordan

Postby abs » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Wow, wow, I am enjoying watching this. I guess I should watch the original too.
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby grammatron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:41 am

The original was fine but it didn’t have this much heart.

grammatron

Postby mellowgold » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:11 am

mellowgold wrote:let’s guess the fab fives fav the strokes songs

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8221180/strokes-best-songs-antoni-queer-eye

mellowgold

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 am

grammatron wrote:The original was fine but it didn’t have this much heart.

Yeah, I think this show is legit better than the original, which wasn't the opinion I expected to have going in

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby jefe górgory » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Celiac Cruz wrote:
mellowgold wrote:let’s guess the fab fives fav the strokes songs

Antoni-Hard to Explain

8-)

jefe górgory

Postby mellowgold » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:15 am

mellowgold

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley