will you watch the new queer eye for the straight guy?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby grace cathedral park » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 am

Never knowingly eaten an ass.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 am

i watched the trailer for the new queer eye for the straight guy. a duck dynasty-esque man asks "who is the husband and who is the wife in your marriage". excellent.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 am

i think i want to watch this. i blame noted gay boarder mellowgold. he hypnotized me into doing this.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby CudNylon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:21 am

things just keep getting better
CudNylon

Postby rushedbehind » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:21 am

i will probably watch at least one episode but avoid all thinkpieces
rushedbehind

Postby theendoftheworld666@aol.com » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 am

honestly probably.

finding out how deathwishy the original show was was one of my most shocking media discoveries as of late.

is that lee ranaldo on the left?
theendoftheworld666@aol.com
sissy puppy

Postby mellowgold » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:42 am

i watched all 8 lol

if anyone is actually going to watch this, the most interesting episodes are 3 and 4 when they make over a trump-supporting cop and a gay man who is sorta closeted. theres a moment in the latter episode i took as internalized homophobia that wasnt addressed properly in the show. i havent seen it addressed anywhere else online, either. so im not sure if it's just me misreading things or what. i figured if anyone was going to call it out it would be rich juzwiak from jezebel: https://themuse.jezebel.com/queer-eyes-needlessly-woke-makeover-1822813138

that episode is good outside that (and maybe a few other) moments. idk.
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby mellowgold » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 am

grace cathedral park wrote:i think i want to watch this. i blame noted gay boarder mellowgold. he hypnotized me into doing this.

lol. congratulate me on making 10,000 gay posts bb

CudNylon wrote:things just keep getting better

lol
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby G_S » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 am

grace cathedral park wrote:i think i want to watch this. i blame noted gay boarder mellowgold. he hypnotized me into doing this.

this keeps happening to me too
G_S

Postby Cone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

I did a large portion of the camera and tech work for this show so you should watch it.

There are a lot of eye-roll inducing bits but for the most part all the guys are really cool and we had fun making it and I want it to do well so we can make another season.

imo the cooking segments are probably the only actually interesting parts though
Cone

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

No, but I'd love to have the old one on Netflix
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

i watched the original series. def liked the grooming dude the most, probably learned some tips that have been p helpful since from him.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am

eh
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Cone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am

It's all in Atlanta and surrounding rural area. I think the furthest we went away from the city was to Athens for an episode.
Cone

Postby RIXX » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 am

I never watched a single episode of queer eye growing up. or like, will and garce. it wasn't really easy to get the TV to myself between my parents and all my brothers, and it would be really questionable if I was watching these shows in particular.

although when Brokeback Mountain came out, I watched it for the first time like, door locked, under my covers on my tiny iPod Video screen. Very scandalous.
RIXX

Postby murray st. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am

i watched the first episode last night. it was super cute
murray st.

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 am

Cone wrote:It's all in Atlanta and surrounding rural area. I think the furthest we went away from the city was to Athens for an episode.

Yeah I feel like the picks were definitely more interesting than the first run of the series where I remember it just being dorky generic white young dudes
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby RIXX » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

The first celebrity I ever saw in LA was Carson Kressley lol. I was up there for UCLA orientation and I was eating brunch at the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire (not a humblebrag, my sister worked there so she got us a discounted rate)

anyway I looked over at the table next to us and there was Carson. I didn't even tell my mom, I just thought "WOW this really is Los Angeles huh" and then went back to my brunch
RIXX

Postby RIXX » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 am

great story I know
RIXX

Postby mellowgold » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am

someone please just watch episode for and help me make sense of that moment im talking about (i guess specifically a queer boarder) bc i cant figure out if im over analyzing or what
mellowgold

Postby ocean pimp » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 pm

karamo and the grooming guy keep me watching this

just finished episode 4 and am so in love with the guy they made over :P
i'm that bitch that listens to gangsta rap on the way to the farmers market after yoga
ocean pimp

Postby ocean pimp » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 pm

even pre-makeover he's so cute

i'm that bitch that listens to gangsta rap on the way to the farmers market after yoga
ocean pimp

Postby kayke » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:54 pm

I never watched the original show and I thought the idea of reviving it was going to be dated/tacky... but I just watched the first episode and enjoyed it.
I thought it was just fashion stuff but those guys really got in there and fixed that man's whole life. It was cute.
kayke

Postby draw » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:57 pm

The middle guy looks like a final boss
draw

Postby grace cathedral park » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm

draw wrote:The middle guy looks like a final boss

lol, he's probably my favorite

@kayke, i'm feeling the same way. overall i think this is really well done and it's going to have the same flaws of the original but i think it works really hard not to be the condescending show of the original. i really enjoy the chemistry of the fab five as well, they did a good job casting them--probs better than the original tbh.

the big issue i think is with the food guy for me. i think it's kind of a mess to try and teach someone to change their diet, which has a lot of structural issues at play. but it worked better in the second episode where it was more based around issues with cooking for one or whatever.

the grooming parts could be just as egregious but i think jonathan is pretty good at staying faithful to the identity of the person being made over, not trying too hard to impose his own beauty standards on to them
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby loaf angel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 am

I want them to make over Lights Jackson
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby unome » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:27 am

Hell yes, just saw this was on Netflix today.
unome

Postby Cone » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 am

It makes me really happy that you guys are actually watching and enjoying this
Cone

Postby mellowgold » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

grace cathedral park wrote:the grooming parts could be just as egregious but i think jonathan is pretty good at staying faithful to the identity of the person being made over, not trying too hard to impose his own beauty standards on to them

i think Tan, who does fashion, is also like this; that he's not imposing his style on to any of the guys and is working with them w/r/t body type and their personal style to make the best outfits for them. he pushes them a little, sure, adding some modern trends etc, but not to so much so where it's extra and they're uncomfortable. def feel like Tan and Jonathan are the best at their jobs.
mellowgold

Postby Hal Jordan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 am

mellowgold wrote:i watched all 8 lol

if anyone is actually going to watch this, the most interesting episodes are 3 and 4 when they make over a trump-supporting cop and a gay man who is sorta closeted. theres a moment in the latter episode i took as internalized homophobia that wasnt addressed properly in the show. i havent seen it addressed anywhere else online, either. so im not sure if it's just me misreading things or what. i figured if anyone was going to call it out it would be rich juzwiak from jezebel: https://themuse.jezebel.com/queer-eyes-needlessly-woke-makeover-1822813138

that episode is good outside that (and maybe a few other) moments. idk.

do you mean when he said he didn't want to look feminine? i thought they handled it pretty well, it was clear the guy definitely had internalized homophobia and they were sensitive to it
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....