Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:23 am

Is this it is this the week?
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Postby mego » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 pm

mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:At this stage we expect details of the MAEP method to be released next week

mego

Postby pissydan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:11 pm

bongo wrote:Image

How did you come to sign Season 1 to Lobster Fury?

It was kind of a funny thing. At first, I wanted DJ Seinfeld to be completely anonymous, I didn’t really want to reveal who it was. But one day Nick Williams — he has this label Meda Fury who I’ve released on as Rimbaudian — wrote to me to ask if I knew who DJ Seinfeld was. I was hesitant to tell him, and then he said he had a friend, Jimmy Asquith from Lobster Theremin, and that they’d been planning on doing a collab label for a long time. They asked if I wanted to put something out. It coalesced into something special; it felt really right.

Is stepping away from the spotlight an aspect of what lo-fi house is about? Is it anti-image?

For sure. I’ve always made lots of different kinds of music and I don’t want that freedom to be reduced. I haven’t made a ‘lo-fi’ track in ages, I don’t know when I will next do that. I’m just trying to create some space for me to be free without worrying about what people will think about it. That’s never been a problem until this lo-fi controversy. Even then it was this momentary thing of, "Now I’m known, I’m exposed to all this criticism," but I don’t worry too much about it.

What are you listening to lately? What inspires you?

Autechre - Elseq. I feel like this is a grossly underrated album due to its length. It’s top tier ae for me.. Right alongside Amber and LP5.

It was kind of a funny thing. At first, I wanted DJ Seinfeld to be completely anonymous, I didn’t really want to reveal who it was. But one day Nick Williams — he has this label Meda Fury who I’ve released on as Rimbaudian — wrote to me to ask if I knew who DJ Seinfeld was. I was hesitant to tell him, and then he said he had a friend, Jimmy Asquith from Lobster Theremin, and that they’d been planning on doing a collab label for a long time. They asked if I wanted to put something out. It coalesced into something special; it felt really right.

Is stepping away from the spotlight an aspect of what lo-fi house is about? Is it anti-image?

For sure. I’ve always made lots of different kinds of music and I don’t want that freedom to be reduced. I haven’t made a ‘lo-fi’ track in ages, I don’t know when I will next do that. I’m just trying to create some space for me to be free without worrying about what people will think about it. That’s never been a problem until this lo-fi controversy. Even then it was this momentary thing of, "Now I’m known, I’m exposed to all this criticism," but I don’t worry too much about it.

Autechre - Elseq. I feel like this is a grossly underrated album due to its length. It’s top tier ae for me.. Right alongside Amber and LP5.

As life would have it, Johnny did somebody wrong and they filed a complaint.

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby pissydan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:11 pm

:awful:

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby mego » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm

mods please unsticky

mego

Postby hi-res » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:49 am

MAEP is everywhere now.

hi-res

Postby pissydan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:53 am

mego wrote:mods please unsticky

you heard the man...

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby rixx » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:03 pm

mego wrote:mods please unsticky

rixx

Postby bronzecast » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 am

joe wrote:meap meap

I’m a jeap

bronzecast

Postby noiseandpop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:30 pm

MAEP method is the new piss tape

have heard tomorrow is the day tho...
~~cry urself 2 ash~~

noiseandpop
piss reeking meth goblin

Postby DRAGONS 666 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:28 am

MOD NOTICE- pls dont spam threads you don't like with the intention to make them unreadable
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)

DRAGONS 666
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby rixx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 am

nevermind

rixx

Postby mego » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:38 pm

thanks for the mod support. let's keep the thread rolling :)

pissydan, hope you won't resort to bullying or spamming of threads in future. engaging in mature dialogue is the best way to resolve differences imho

mego

Postby rixx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:52 pm

edit
RIXX wrote:nevermind

rixx

Postby Cronos » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 pm

A lot of hype for MAEP in and around NYC these days. Saw some guy wearing a MAEP tshirt on the 8 train.
Tone sincere also I would never troll or purposefully be antagonistic or anything on something serious.

Organic Croutons wrote:Cronos your sig quotes me btw why do I not get proper reference

Cronos

Postby cactus » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:27 am

Can you use the MAEP system for food, movies, tv shows or are we stuck with it for music only? Is there an iOS app yet? or are you guys still doing the beta on Windows Phones

cactus

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 pm

I think this might be the week
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Postby mego » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:08 am

mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:At this stage we expect details of the MAEP method to be released next week

mego

Postby aububs » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:40 am

cactus wrote:Can you use the MAEP system for food, movies, tv shows or are we stuck with it for music only?

yeah go wild

anything can be rated out of 5
astonishing vigils

aububs

Postby mego » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 am

aububs wrote:anything can be rated out of 5

:roll:

mego

Postby mego » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:03 am

Cronos wrote:A lot of hype for MAEP in and around NYC these days. Saw some guy wearing a MAEP tshirt on the 8 train.

Yeah I want to stay humble and not make such a big deal of all this but tbh it is pretty heartwarming to see my creation catch on like this

mego

Postby pissydan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:47 pm

aububs wrote:
cactus wrote:Can you use the MAEP system for food, movies, tv shows or are we stuck with it for music only?

yeah go wild

anything can be rated out of 5

the level of suck in this thread is a solid 5

pissydan
|ᵆ|>

Postby mascotte » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 am

Ok mego, did you release the technical details ot the MAEP system or not

mascotte

Postby Sheppy_Wong » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 am

Can I join?
I devour deep data and live/eat/sleep big learning.
My biggest weakness is I have no weakness.

Sheppy_Wong

Postby Sheppy_Wong » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:57 pm

In my free time(what little I have) I design breathtaking mansions and then live in them.

Sheppy_Wong

Postby mego » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 am

mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:

mego

Postby joe » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:17 am

i had some doubts about maep, but with wong as part of the team i think i might be on board

joe

Postby internethandle » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:13 pm

mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:
mego wrote:

stages slam

internethandle
ok

Postby antoine » Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 pm

what does maep stand for

antoine

Postby aububs » Wed May 09, 2018 6:15 am

antoine wrote:what does maep stand for

mrating

amusic

eout of

pfive