Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shacky » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:04 pm

diego seems nice i hope landor casrissian gets to touch yabba
shacky

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:30 pm

damn i literally came here to post this once i realized it was a possibility

Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby emotional fascism » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:34 pm

reversemigraine wrote:The 2-3 years leading up to ANH are probably where the universe is at its best, tbh, so I'm totally fine with this. Funny how much they're continuing to mine the unused Underground / 1313 stuff.

yeah. for me it goes back to when I was a kid and Star Wars was all that existed and the rebels vs the empire stuff was the most exciting element. still can't get enough of that part of the Star Wars universe.
emotional fascism

Postby shacky » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 pm

the texture of yabba is something i need to discover
shacky

Postby Viola Swamp » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:02 pm

k2so is the aspergers droid voiced by wash from firefly
Viola Swamp

Postby kirito » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 am

diego luna was good in the movie but they should ease up on some of the moral ambiguity surrounding the character and where the rebellion is at in that time period. dude murders some informant without hesitating and is fine with carrying out a political assassination ordered by rebel leadership in the movie and it's uncomfortable as hell and feels really wrong.
kirito

Postby davideotape » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:37 am

Cosigned. Hated this and thought it had no place in a world filled with pretty cut and dry goodies and baddies. This moral grey area is the kinda nonsense they’re always fighting against. TLJ touches on this a lot i think, and is a lot of what Rose’s character corrects.

kirito wrote:diego luna was good in the movie but they should ease up on some of the moral ambiguity surrounding the character and where the rebellion is at in that time period. dude murders some informant without hesitating and is fine with carrying out a political assassination ordered by rebel leadership in the movie and it's uncomfortable as hell and feels really wrong.
davideotape

Postby Poptone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 am

kirito wrote:diego luna was good in the movie but they should ease up on some of the moral ambiguity surrounding the character and where the rebellion is at in that time period. dude murders some informant without hesitating and is fine with carrying out a political assassination ordered by rebel leadership in the movie and it's uncomfortable as hell and feels really wrong.

i...disagree. especially since part of Rogue One's mission was the dirty up the universe a bit, add grit and whatnot.

that moment where he has to kill his informant informs his character every bit as much as han shooting first i think
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Poptone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:17 am

he's a scoundrel
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Poptone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:26 am

like, i don't wanna watch a Bothan being tortured to death or anything, but those moments in RO really added a sense of danger and tension to the world.

and it's something RO explored in other characters, too - the moral or societal grey areas they exist in. is Saw Gerrera just a nutso extremist or do his tactics add value to the Rebellion? Chirrut has clearly tapped into the Force, but he's not quite a Jedi. Galen's an imperial officer but an unwilling and sympathetic one. K-2SO is a droid who is neither obedient or willing to defer to humans, something we haven't really seen in a droid before. etc. etc.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm

If they turn DIego into Dexter, then it's a problem, but yeah, within the context of Rogue One, I was fine with his character.

Star Wars needs its optimism, I agree, but even the ST has characters questioning the right thing to do.

I mean in some ways you can even draw a line from Leia being in the Rebel Alliance and a Senator, to a Senator in the New Republic, to once again leaving politics and becoming a full-time General in the Resistance.
Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby emotional fascism » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Poptone wrote:

i...disagree. especially since part of Rogue One's mission was the dirty up the universe a bit, add grit and whatnot.

that moment where he has to kill his informant informs his character every bit as much as han shooting first i think

yeah and it wasn't glossed over. he even mentions that he's done some awful things for the rebellion and didn't want to feel like it was for nothing.

"We've all done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. Spies, saboteurs, assassins. Everything I did, I did for the Rebellion. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could."
emotional fascism

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....