Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kuboaa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

you can repost that quote when Eloy is hitting 30+ homers a season and outhitting Schwarber and Heyward
Kuboaa

Postby mcwop23 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:51 pm

playing 1/3 of a game today

should be fun!
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby death is my amigo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Kuboaa wrote:you can repost that quote when Eloy is hitting 30+ homers a season and outhitting Schwarber and Heyward

yeah even absolute best-case Eloy is not a guy i'm gonna sweat sending for a really quality cost-controlled pitcher. it was a good deal that made sense for both teams, i'm glad you're happy with Eloy

fwiw if you're trying to needle a Cubs fan Gleyber's the one that's gonna sting
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:55 pm

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:57 pm

woops I mean good ass job to the Nats for getting bizarro Kelvin Hererra for basically nothing.
axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby Kuboaa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:17 am

death is my amigo wrote:
Kuboaa wrote:you can repost that quote when Eloy is hitting 30+ homers a season and outhitting Schwarber and Heyward

yeah even absolute best-case Eloy is not a guy i'm gonna sweat sending for a really quality cost-controlled pitcher. it was a good deal that made sense for both teams, i'm glad you're happy with Eloy

might want to peep the strides Cease has taken this season too 8-)
Kuboaa

Postby gazedo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:22 pm

just coming in here to say screw all you new yorkers, lets go Mariners!
gazedo

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Kuboaa wrote:
death is my amigo wrote:

might want to peep the strides Cease has taken this season too 8-)

Dude is dominating those high A bats
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby Kuboaa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:54 pm

I think the most impressive thing he's done is keep throwing in the high 90s into the 7th inning while dominating those high A bats

edit: he also should be promoted to AA Birmingham in the next week
Last edited by Kuboaa on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuboaa

Postby iambic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:05 pm

brock DEATHRAGE is crushing rookie ball lol
iambic

Postby Autarch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:39 pm

yeah cease has been showing good signs this year.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:51 pm

yeah i'm saying a high-A pitcher isn't really useful to the Cubs organization at the moment, not that Cease isn't good
death is my amigo
ok

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm

like it may very well be that during this window Eloy turns into a guy who would've been a near-everyday outfielder on the Cubs, and towards the end of it that Cease starts looking really enticing AAA pitcher or something. but neither of us those things are as useful to useas Quintana has been and continues to be; we don't make it out of the NLDS last year w/o him, just as we probably don't even make it to the WS in '16 let alone win it w/o dealing Gleyber. the trade made a ton of sense for both teams, i think it's silly to try to argue who won or lost it when it was just a case of two teams at either ends of the competitive cycle helping each other out -- we're in the catbird's seat in the NL and you're crowing about how good a high-A pitcher's gonna be in three years, just two organizations in two very different situations with very different needs
death is my amigo
ok

Postby shark week » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:13 pm

i'm a little confused by the confidence of thread white sox fans in their pitching prospects. y'all have an amazing farm system but the bats are always gonna be more important: Eloy, Madrigal, Robert, Collins, Adolfo

TINSTAPP still exists and only Kopech, Dunning and Hansen (who's injured) have stuff that's guaranteed to miss MLB bats

most scouting reports i've seen are still saying Cease is destined for the bullpen
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby Kuboaa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 pm

I mean I don't see how if Cease stays on this trajectory and reaches AAA in the beginning of 2020 how he wouldn't be insanely useful in the Cubs organization going forward but I guess you guys are resigned to buying to plug all the holes from here on out
Kuboaa

Postby shark week » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 pm

it's gonna be pretty funny when Dunning ends up as the chief prize from the Adam Eaton deal
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby Autarch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:28 pm

shark week wrote:the bats are always gonna be more important: Eloy, Madrigal, Robert, Collins, Adolfo

rutherford, berger, basabe, zavala, gonzalez :twisted:
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby death is my amigo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:31 am

Kuboaa wrote:I mean I don't see how if Cease stays on this trajectory and reaches AAA in the beginning of 2020 how he wouldn't be insanely useful in the Cubs organization going forward but I guess you guys are resigned to buying to plug all the holes from here on out

how many holes do you see that need plugging? we're first in the NL in team ERA, we're shuttling guys back and forth from Iowa b/c have more capable bullpen contributors than roster spots. the core of young position players that's been to three straight NLCS, won a WS & leads MLB in WAR over the last three years by all accounts seem to love playing in Chicago and will likely all stick around so long as we can make the money work.

The only hole in the plan so far as I can tell is that we're now in a position where we very much need to acquire cost-controlled starters as the bats' paydays start to come due, and again thanks for your team's role in helping us do that.
death is my amigo
ok

Postby Kuboaa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:53 am

shark week wrote:i'm a little confused by the confidence of thread white sox fans in their pitching prospects. y'all have an amazing farm system but the bats are always gonna be more important: Eloy, Madrigal, Robert, Collins, Adolfo

TINSTAPP still exists and only Kopech, Dunning and Hansen (who's injured) have stuff that's guaranteed to miss MLB bats

most scouting reports i've seen are still saying Cease is destined for the bullpen

I agree about the bats, the pitching confidence comes from the history of the White Sox only being able to legitimately foster pitching in their system and not much else
Kuboaa

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Apparently Brandon morrow landed on the DL cuz he injured his back taking off his pants. Cool.
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby ratbags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm

session to session
ratbags

Postby trouble » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 pm

i didn't realize a hot dog could do that much damage

i think of that red sox guy throwing a pizza at least once a day during the season
trouble
ride.

Postby ratbags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 pm

the pizza toss is legendary
session to session
ratbags

Postby gazedo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 pm

tough mariners loss there.
gazedo

Postby ratbags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 pm

good game though
session to session
ratbags

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

lol yeah great game losers
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby ratbags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

who are yOU CALLING A LOSER
session to session
ratbags

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm

the seattle mariners
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby ratbags » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm

oh then carry on
session to session
ratbags

Postby beefbroth inthe shitpipes » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 am

:D
beefbroth inthe shitpipes

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....