Postby buriedinspace » Tue May 01, 2018 6:18 pm

speakers wrote:
speakers wrote:please db!
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby mellowgold » Tue May 01, 2018 6:59 pm

hmm no to all the critiques of this show ITT tbh
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby gashed » Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 pm

shrinemaidens wrote:i believe there'll be 8 episodes for this season. definitely agree that i can't see this being strung out over a few seasons

I could see them catching V's handler and maybe unraveling the network behind her, but with her ultimately getting away. Wouldn't be surprised with how they seem to be establishing the relationship if V sold out everyone else as a "gift" to Eve.
gashed

Postby tgk » Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Now this was a great fucking ep. No surprise because it was written by PWB
tgk

Postby shrinemaidens » Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 pm

i guess with this last ep i can see it as another season or two

that pan to the sausage though lol
shrinemaidens

Postby mellowgold » Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 am

yeah newest episode was so good. i've become actually afraid of Villanelle - Jodie Comer's performance is fantastic. and the show has done such a good job of making Villanelle an evil and terrifying presence. like any time she enters a room it feel claustrophobic because she is in total control and gets to decide if the person she's interact with lives or dies.
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby tgk » Tue May 08, 2018 10:11 am

which is why her moments of actual emotion when toying with eve are so great, when she smells that she had put her perfume on, or the moment of confusion when eve gets out of the car to face her. Such a great dynamic.
tgk

Postby saranclaps » Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm

This episode might have been a shark jump. Like this show is losing all sense of verisimilitude; the actions of characters don't make sense and it feels like they are elongating stuff.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby speakers » Tue May 08, 2018 4:23 pm

saranclaps wrote:This episode might have been a shark jump. Like this show is losing all sense of verisimilitude; the actions of characters don't make sense and it feels like they are elongating stuff.

have you seen America season 2?
speakers

Postby mellowgold » Wed May 09, 2018 8:22 am

saranclaps wrote:This episode might have been a shark jump. Like this show is losing all sense of verisimilitude; the actions of characters don't make sense and it feels like they are elongating stuff.

i'm not sure what you mean by this. this is a pretty hollow critique of the show. i think you're responding to the show/characters not following the expectations you had for it/them.
mellowgold

Postby speakers » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 pm

slowly adding eps to the db

last one was great
speakers

Postby speakers » Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm

all episodes now up
speakers

Postby sliiimer » Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 am

Thank you so much for db'ing this. I watched the first episode last night and loved it so very much. My only phoebe waller-bridge experience is Fleabag, but this is amazing so far.

Are you my gift?
I have been sent to you, yes.
sliiimer

Postby pana » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am

PWB is great and i love both this and Fleabag (despite some minor issues). i should finish Crashing at some point, kinda gave up on it when it wasn't clicking a couple of episodes in
pana

Postby speakers » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 am

really enjoyed crashing
speakers

Postby mellowgold » Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 am

uh that penultimate episode was gr8
mellowgold

Postby loaf angel » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 am

saw a bunch of posts on social media about this shows finale... is it good? the premise is definitely My Shit
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby KPH » Mon May 28, 2018 1:27 am

Had its ups but I felt things slowly dropped off after an earlier ep and I'm too lazy for spoiler tags. Super fun watch tho.
KPH

Postby mellowgold » Mon May 28, 2018 7:48 am

Loved the show but was disappointed with the finale
mellowgold

Postby banquo » Mon May 28, 2018 12:34 pm

enjoyable show, easily recommendable. but yeah, i wanted more from that last ep
banquo

Postby mellowgold » Mon May 28, 2018 5:05 pm

it wasn't terrible but yeah i was underwhelmed. kind of a crappy way to end an otherwise super great season of TV - one of the best of the year.
mellowgold

Postby pana » Mon May 28, 2018 9:12 pm

last 5 minutes were so moronic. oh well
pana

Postby Quigley » Mon May 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Ah man, I loved it, including the long outro/apartment trashing/sexy stabbing. Konstantin was great this episode ("she's so annoying"), I hope he survived despite everything. Did he remind anyone else of Joaquin Phoenix? Kinda feel like the show will suffer under pressure to explain the plot. Just give us international assassinations, cat and mouse chases, and snappy dialogue, no need to tell us anything else about "the twelve."
Quigley

Postby saranclaps » Mon May 28, 2018 11:18 pm

The first half was solid, but then it just descended into ludicrousness. This should have been a miniseries.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby tgk » Mon May 28, 2018 11:34 pm

oh had a weak supporting cast around her (the old lady and her son, her husband) in the back half, while vilanelle and konstantin had much better chemistry. they never should have killed off bill.

that being said, this was a great season of tv and i look forward to the next season.
tgk

Postby Celery Salt » Tue May 29, 2018 12:19 am

First of all, mellowgold I love all of your threads.

Second, this show is captivating and I'm through 5 eps and I look forward to the rest.
Celery Salt

Postby mellowgold » Tue May 29, 2018 8:23 am

Quigley wrote:Ah man, I loved it, including the long outro/apartment trashing/sexy stabbing. Konstantin was great this episode ("she's so annoying"), I hope he survived despite everything. Did he remind anyone else of Joaquin Phoenix? Kinda feel like the show will suffer under pressure to explain the plot. Just give us international assassinations, cat and mouse chases, and snappy dialogue, no need to tell us anything else about "the twelve."

Eve trashing her apartment was great especially when she confessed it was a sign of affection lol. Konstantin is 100% alive. I'd guess Season 2 will be all about unraveling The Twelve tbh.

saranclaps wrote:The first half was solid, but then it just descended into ludicrousness. This should have been a miniseries.

Yeah I'm now in the camp that maybe this should have been eight episodes and that it. I'll still watch the hell out of Season 2 tho.

tgk wrote:oh had a weak supporting cast around her (the old lady and her son, her husband) in the back half, while vilanelle and konstantin had much better chemistry. they never should have killed off bill.

that being said, this was a great season of tv and i look forward to the next season.

Uh please do not come for Fiona Shaw like that.... "the old lady" smh.

Celery Salt wrote:First of all, mellowgold I love all of your threads.

Second, this show is captivating and I'm through 5 eps and I look forward to the rest.

omg thank u please enjoy yr stay in all of my threads <3
mellowgold

Postby mellowgold » Tue May 29, 2018 8:24 am

wait did that note that Nadia left in the prison ever come into play?
mellowgold

Postby CoolRanch » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 am

saranclaps wrote:The first half was solid, but then it just descended into ludicrousness. This should have been a miniseries.

i have to agree with saranclaps here, the first couple episodes were great then the plot got progressively fantastical. but still fun to watch! thank u to whoever added to DB :]
CoolRanch

Postby Quigley » Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 am

mellowgold wrote:wait did that note that Nadia left in the prison ever come into play?

In the finale the boss's son saw a guard pick it up on the prison CCTV, so I expect it'll come up in season 2.
Quigley

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....