Aesthetic Thread: "Brewery Tours"

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby DasLofGang » Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 pm

great lakes has always been solid, it’s the other 20 or so johnny come lately smackoffs that have popped up within a mile radius in the last 5 years that are an issue
heaven’s full of murderers
User avatar
DasLofGang
 
Posts: 13684
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 am
Location: the oreganos

Postby Canadian Todd (for Canadians) » Mon May 28, 2018 1:47 pm

I feel like that tiny house thing is brewery adjacent. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.countr ... iny-house/
As a reader of historical naval fiction,

snow wave wrote:that video sucked

edit: the one canadian todd posted
User avatar
Canadian Todd (for Canadians)
 
Posts: 3248
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:17 am
Location: I am a hungry boi

Postby Brain Stew » Mon May 28, 2018 8:33 pm

The BYOF nature of the places is what gets me. I understand it's hard to run a kitchen and make food, but just have a shop that sells bottles and cans then.
You know, signatures are pretty night bus...
User avatar
Brain Stew
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 am

Named New Zealand's Champion Brewery at the 2017 NZ Brewers Guild Beer Awards, Garage Project is an utterly unique brewery, looking to challenge the notions and push the boundaries of what beer can be.
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
User avatar
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)
 
Posts: 17100
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Postby acidity regulator » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:21 am

This brewery might even be too wack for this aesthetic, but I think it's the Chaotic Neutral of brewsthetics: https://newirelandbeers.ie/nib/
Also it's the worst thing I've ever laid my eyes on
Image
ImageImageImage
User avatar
acidity regulator
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4235
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: kingdom of the echo people

Postby Autarch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 am

acidity regulator wrote:This brewery might even be too wack for this aesthetic, but I think it's the Chaotic Neutral of brewsthetics: https://newirelandbeers.ie/nib/
Also it's the worst thing I've ever laid my eyes on
Image


whoa
Sent from my Lenovo
User avatar
Autarch
 
Posts: 5672
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 am
Location: In these times of economy

Postby Quigley » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Currently drinking a tangerine-infused pint at a distressed communal table at a brewery pub that has a filthy rotten canoe hanging over the bar and soft hoot music on the stereo. There's huge windows looking into the brewing area and a sweaty looking brewmaster with a huge beard working on the giant tubs and dials.
User avatar
Quigley
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:04 am
Location: Your tour guide to the universe, sorry

Postby joe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:58 am

Brain Stew wrote:The BYOF nature of the places is what gets me. I understand it's hard to run a kitchen and make food, but just have a shop that sells bottles and cans then.


You're just telling them to be unprofitable
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
User avatar
joe
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby evil olive » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:45 pm

I've never noticed this thread till now.

I own and run a brewery and we definitely fall into some of the tropes mentioned here including ut not limited to reclaimed wood on walls and incredibly uncomfortable seating.

In our defense we are the only brewery in this city, have been around 5 years and have the same uncomfortable seating since opening. Yet people do stay for more than an hr at a time.

We don't have a kitchen because a) margins suck on food as most know and b) keeping staff in this town is hard so we don't want to deal with constant turnover in the kitchen. Another reason is that we send lots of beer out to local accounts and by not offering food we can defensibly say the tap room is not in competition with your restaurant or pub. Bar owners can be grumpy petty people.

Inexcusable tropes in the industry imo: Beer puns but mostly working 'hop' or 'haze' or 'juice' into your beer name, trying to turn your large industrial brew space into a cozy tap room.
listen,
User avatar
evil olive
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 pm
Location: Laxgalts'ap

Postby dvr » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:53 pm

joe wrote:
bongo wrote:Image


i had a lot of fun at GABF, but the premise of the thing is bonkers. you pay a bunch of money and wait in line for awhile to have four hours to wait in more lines and wander around a gigantic room filled with wall dividers, folding tables, and uh beer, i guess. it is very strange to walk into a place where 99% of the people are stone cold sober and then the bright ass convention center lights come on 15 minutes before close and EVERYONE is clearly incredibly faded


Oh.. such memories from GABF. I think there's also the universal experience of realizing there's only 45 minutes left and you're not as drunk as you want to be so you just start pounding everything. You find a booth with no line and a pourer willing to help you down your path so you hang there for a minute getting refills.

One year I went to this twice.
User avatar
dvr
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 am

i went to a newly renovated shopping mall today where its turned a carpark into a rooftop resort like garden thing with lots of restaurants and nano breweries. im obsessed with reading the websites for them atm. they all emphasise how they were born from a love of beer and have a seasonal menu despite it just being burgers and pizza.

i dont think the burgers are going to change from spring to summer
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
User avatar
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)
 
Posts: 17100
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:43 am

these places have been open for less than a week but all say they have good vibes. idk i feel like u cant just open urself up and be AHH YES THE VIBES, THEY ARE GOOD.
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
User avatar
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)
 
Posts: 17100
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:01 am

evil olive wrote:I've never noticed this thread till now.

I own and run a brewery and we definitely fall into some of the tropes mentioned here including ut not limited to reclaimed wood on walls and incredibly uncomfortable seating.

In our defense we are the only brewery in this city, have been around 5 years and have the same uncomfortable seating since opening. Yet people do stay for more than an hr at a time.

We don't have a kitchen because a) margins suck on food as most know and b) keeping staff in this town is hard so we don't want to deal with constant turnover in the kitchen. Another reason is that we send lots of beer out to local accounts and by not offering food we can defensibly say the tap room is not in competition with your restaurant or pub. Bar owners can be grumpy petty people.

Inexcusable tropes in the industry imo: Beer puns but mostly working 'hop' or 'haze' or 'juice' into your beer name, trying to turn your large industrial brew space into a cozy tap room.

your brewery is cool tho
hello
User avatar
Beautiful Jugdish
 
Posts: 6705
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:01 pm

Postby kit fox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:52 am

peeped this at the lumberyard yesterday:

Image
User avatar
kit fox
Mike Vance
 
Posts: 16346
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: Real Gone

Postby joe » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:11 pm

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:they have a seasonal menu despite it just being burgers and pizza.

i dont think the burgers are going to change from spring to summer


this is really doing it for me for some reason
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
User avatar
joe
 
Posts: 15366
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby Grey Poupon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Side salads in summer, cooked three veg in winter
Seasonal!
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
User avatar
Grey Poupon
 
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 am
Location: phonied up

Postby alaska » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:21 pm

joe wrote:
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:they have a seasonal menu despite it just being burgers and pizza.

i dont think the burgers are going to change from spring to summer


this is really doing it for me for some reason


Yeah this is the real deal
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
User avatar
alaska
ride.
 
Posts: 7264
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: Manhattans Upper East Side

Postby Brain Stew » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:30 pm

joe wrote:You're just telling them to be unprofitable

Then maybe the retail side of the business shouldn't exist?

If I wanted delivery pizza, I would just stay home.
You know, signatures are pretty night bus...
User avatar
Brain Stew
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5% Tint, acapelli, alaska, Albatross, all day breakfast, ASH NERVE, ashtrayheart, Autarch, Beautiful Jugdish, beefbroth inthe shitpipes, boatwave, brian dennehy fan, bro tones, Celiac Cruz, chad, Conetoaster, coop, CudNylon, dan, darger, deebster, dragon jeans, dreamshake, drum machine, emotional fascism, Eyeball Kid, fakename, Feech La Manna, Ferrous Bueller, Flossed Out, Future, gambra, goldsoundz, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, guidance, hit record, hocuscrocus, HotFingersClub, Hugh, hyperbole man, iacus, iambic, Intervalo, iwillneverpost, Jake SPEED, kayke, Klint, Kodiak, landspeedrecord, largecrow, launchpad, Legion, lights, madness and chaos, mcwop23, Mechanical bird, messier object, minerals, mooncalf, morris buttermaker, mortimer, multipass, murderhorn, neely o'hara, NegativeCapability, No Good Advice, nocents, odilon redon, oh! it's max!, Oh! Sweet Nuthin', palmer eldritch, Paul, Pops Freshenmeyer, Poptone, powderfinger, Rainbow Battle Kid, rich uncle skeleton, Rusty, seank37, shankly, shirts optional, Shotfrog, snuggle, someguy, southpaw, speakers, springheeljack, staple, surly, sympathy, Tar Pit, techno beats, tex porneau, tgk, the scofflaw, the soccer return believer, the upland trout, transitive, truncated, turquoise albino, tyler_c, ueckerist, uncledoj, universe, Vacancies, velvet anus, walt whitman, warmjets, Warrenandstimpy, wong, wuk, yungboi