Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 am

kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Eugenics » Wed May 16, 2018 11:11 am

play some muslimgauze beat heavy tracks over vatican shadow's more ambient pieces..and vice versa.. i got some interesting results with quite a few overlays.
imagine if you thew a club night that was just mashups of those two artists. literally nobody would give a shit.
Eugenics

Postby bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am

literally all of fernows projects are overwrought and boring imo

bit mystifying why hes cultivated enough of a fanbase to warrant the endless cavalcade of multicolored vinyl pressings and repressings of his various guises (all of which seem to sell quite well somehow!)
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby aububs » Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 am

i guess a lot of people disagree with you bongman

"literally all" is a bit severe
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:Image

Remember when you were steering clear of controversial Neofolk

we are getting to the bottom on if he is indeed a puppet for usa foreign policy
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

my bfs favourite bands are smashing pumpkins and prurient

Postby bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 12:05 pm

aububs wrote:i guess a lot of people disagree with you bongman

i cant name one that i think is good

maybe pleasure ground?
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby domesticwhite » Wed May 16, 2018 12:07 pm

i like a lot of fernows work

that said

he is hamas
domesticwhite

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm

look this thread is not for doing a value judgement on vatican shadow but if drawing from and manipulating the harsh realities of usa military makes u a puppet for foreign policy

Postby bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 pm

is this the official nautical almanac thread
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Eugenics » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

the whole decadent edgelord thing is pretty tired and transparent for...well any adult, really...
I got to him too late in the game when I had already listened to a enough slicklooking psychosinging assholes.
I have one Vatican Shadow record that I do enjoy a track or two from, but that project is just another attempt as selling bbq-doo-doo wrapped in an foreign made-american flag shrouded with half assed titles he should have probably researched a little more at least to make a liiiitle more on the mark of what he was aiming for..,(Besides, yeah weve seen muslimgauze titles brah, you gotta step up your imaginaming) and obviously the titles and imagery are an afterthought that became the selling point, and they are so heavy handed still and meant to be some kind of ''WHOA DAMN BUT OH... YEAH, HUH?' satirical patriotistism or whatever other military complex provocation is on the packaging - but the music contained therin have no related mood or create any sort of visual cues when listening, that stem from the titles that makes a heavy hand with a limp wrist. And obviously the dude was never in the military or probably hasnt even been to any of the places or been part of the things he's trying to exploit in his art that he seems to actually take pretty seriously.
Eugenics

Postby hoopdog » Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Vatican Shadow is samey and boring for the most part
Prurient has several worthwhile releases
Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement is pretty good thus far
hoopdog
ride.

Postby hoopdog » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Eugenics wrote:the whole decadent edgelord thing is pretty tired and transparent for...well any adult, really...
I got to him too late in the game when I had already listened to a enough slicklooking psychosinging assholes.
I have one Vatican Shadow record that I do enjoy a track or two from, but that project is just another attempt as selling bbq-doo-doo wrapped in an foreign made-american flag shrouded with half assed titles he should have probably researched a little more at least to make a liiiitle more on the mark of what he was aiming for..,(Besides, yeah weve seen muslimgauze titles brah, you gotta step up your imaginaming) and obviously the titles and imagery are an afterthought that became the selling point, and they are so heavy handed still and meant to be some kind of ''WHOA DAMN BUT OH... YEAH, HUH?' satirical patriotistism or whatever other military complex provocation is on the packaging - but the music contained therin have no related mood or create any sort of visual cues when listening, that stem from the titles that makes a heavy hand with a limp wrist. And obviously the dude was never in the military or probably hasnt even been to any of the places or been part of the things he's trying to exploit in his art that he seems to actually take pretty seriously.

These are all valid points but they are all criticisms that could be leveled at Muslimgauze as well
hoopdog
ride.

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 12:50 pm

is the cut hands guy the worst for this stuff

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 pm

i dont think ive read a vatican shadow interview where half of it isnt him going on about muslimgauze

Postby Eugenics » Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm

at least muslimgauze visited places and took his own field recordings of the places and had some really incredible titles. but yeah, you could kinda say the same thing about him sure. but he was an originator and also a much better and well revered innovating electroacoustic percussion producer.
Eugenics

Postby hoopdog » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Eugenics wrote:at least muslimgauze visited places and took his own field recordings of the places and had some really incredible titles. but yeah, you could kinda say the same thing about him sure. but he was an originator and also a much better and well revered innovating electroacoustic percussion producer.

I thought he never left England? Feel like I read that years ago but I could be misremembering
hoopdog
ride.

Postby gambra » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Kneel Before Religious Icons and Ornamented Walls are pretty decent. Overall though all you need out of Vatican Shadow is his Boiler Room set and that has everything decent he did with the project. He still just plays all his tracks live off two iPods and is "mixing" it live. When I saw him as Prurient a few times it was off iPod Shuffles so at least he's stepped up to something with a screen.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby hoopdog » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

VS is definitely a week imitation of a legitimately interesting project (Muslimgauze)
hoopdog
ride.

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

I made some stuff about 15 years ago that sounds very similar. Can I market it as a long Lost this guy project and make a fortune?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby grace cathedral park » Wed May 16, 2018 12:59 pm

BE STRONG. ARMY STRONG.

Never knowingly eaten an ass.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby domesticwhite » Wed May 16, 2018 1:00 pm

hoopdog wrote:Vatican Shadow is samey and boring for the most part
Prurient has several worthwhile releases
Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement is pretty good thus far

i agree w this

RSE > Pru > VS
domesticwhite

Postby gambra » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Eugenics wrote:at least muslimgauze visited places and took his own field recordings of the places and had some really incredible titles. but yeah, you could kinda say the same thing about him sure. but he was an originator and also a much better and well revered innovating electroacoustic percussion producer.

Pretty sure he never visited the Middle East.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

bongo wrote:is this the official nautical almanac thread

Related, I had a dream last night where Bill Nace showed up.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby OGRE » Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

bongo wrote:
aububs wrote:i guess a lot of people disagree with you bongman

i cant name one that i think is good

maybe pleasure ground?

history of aids
shipwrecker's diary
rose pillar
cocaine death
all are guests in the house of the lord (w/ kevin drumm)
end of autumn (w/ sutcliffe jugend)
river magic s/t
(maybe) black post society

doubt you'd enjoy these if you've already made your mind up (which is fair) but would say all these records are around the same quality as pleasure ground from what i can remember
OGRE

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Postby OGRE » Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 pm

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:is the cut hands guy the worst for this stuff

id probably say a large majority of power electronics acts are very significantly worse for this stuff than william bennett assuming i correctly understand what you mean by "this stuff"
OGRE

Postby aububs » Wed May 16, 2018 2:39 pm

i assumed by "this stuff" dragons meant the use of tribal drumming in a PE/techno context
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby aububs » Wed May 16, 2018 2:42 pm

or like the appropriation of ethnic music
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby hoopdog » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

I liked the cut hands project sonically but yeah looking back on it the whole concept is pretty cringe inducing
hoopdog
ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....