Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby internethandle » Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm

kind of remember wishing he just made a whole album like the first spoken word piece/song he plays here instead of appropriative drum dirges

internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

bongo wrote:
internethandle wrote:remember enjoying cut hands live although he definitely was just playing off his acer aspire and i was v. drunk on gulden draak

this is making me ill

yeah it's definitely a very viscerally unpleasant like Fog Of Alcoholism memory
internethandle
ok

Postby aububs » Wed May 16, 2018 5:59 pm

don't really like cut hands tbh or vatican shadow

cut hands has the solution > cut hands
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby OGRE » Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm

aububs wrote:cut hands has the solution > cut hands

absolutely
OGRE

Postby freezinseason » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Eugenics wrote: And obviously the dude was never in the military

damn the dude was never in the kkk how can he possibly say satirical things or make reference to the kkk
freezinseason

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Maya Deren visuals: because you couldn't find a torrent for Begotten.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby hoopdog » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm

bongo wrote:
hoopdog wrote:Man people would fucking hate Muslimgauze in 2018 if he was still alive and making music

man idk that you can say this

I don't know man I feel like if dude was still alive today he would be saying a lot of wildly shitty things

On the other hand it could be amazing

Either way a post 9/11/post iraq war Muslimgauze release would have been insane
hoopdog
ride.

Postby freezinseason » Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 pm

hopefully every one tut-tutting in this thread will also never say a bad word about north korea since they're never been there and are relying on orientalist fantasies from american media. ;)
freezinseason

Postby shark week » Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm

i feel like an idiot when i read this thread (and not because i thought vatican shadow was italian) because i never took the time (and still don't) to read up on these people that i might listen to or go and see

i know i wouldn't enjoy a Cut Hands set now after reading how much of an idiot he is but when i saw him at a moma ps1 a few summers ago i had a legitimately great time
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby shark week » Wed May 16, 2018 6:48 pm

is this a moral failing on my part?
It's dark and you want to go home?
shark week

Postby Sobieski » Wed May 16, 2018 6:53 pm

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:whats ur fave thing u learnt in medieval studies

I’m still trying to understand how German barbarians and goths squatting over Roman ruins created Europe
mites wrote:Idk I like society as an idea
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby marble » Wed May 16, 2018 7:13 pm

remember when cold cave made an album that sounded like 30 seconds to mars
marble

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Remember when Cold Cave toured with Boyd Rice?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 pm

love cold cave
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby hologram » Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 pm

remember xo skeletons

hologram
acid casualty

Postby marble » Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:Remember when Cold Cave toured with Boyd Rice?

:shock:
marble

Postby hologram » Wed May 16, 2018 8:07 pm

hologram
acid casualty

Postby i am rich » Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

ive got a couple prurient tapes from like 2005, do you think theyre worth anything? i bought em when he was touring with wolf eyes, still doing his shirtless mic feedback thing.

whitehouse live was pretty fun and silly in a good way, and m fernow was in the crowd yelling stuff like "yes william bennett!!!" cant remember exactly what he was saying unfortunately cause it was like ten years ago
i am rich

Postby internethandle » Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 pm

the one time i saw fernow he was opening for andy stott and i'll never forget the look of bewilderment on stott's face when he noticed fernow fist pumping and like full body head banging right next to him stage left in the middle of his set
internethandle
ok

Postby Dead_Wizard » Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Sobieski wrote:
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:whats ur fave thing u learnt in medieval studies

There's this anecdote in A World Lit Only by Fire about medieval folks getting lost in the woods at night and because there were no decent maps and everyone's world was focused on their lil feudal zone, that they'd end up just starting new lives in whatever little town they ended up in.

Also everything about the brethern of the free spirit.
Dead_Wizard

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 pm

marble wrote:

This wasn't that long ago I don't think. 2012?
A handful of venues and bookers cancelled the shows. After some time humming and hawwing the legendary 281 Kent decided the show must go on but they will place anti-racism pamphlets by the entrance, lol.

The bookers here cancelled the show, someone picked it up and moved it to a secret venue that was invite only. I'm willing to bet the farm that all the woke PC punks were there.
Kevin McCallister

Postby OGRE » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

i am rich wrote:whitehouse live was pretty fun and silly in a good way, and m fernow was in the crowd yelling stuff like "yes william bennett!!!"

internethandle wrote:the one time i saw fernow he was opening for andy stott and i'll never forget the look of bewilderment on stott's face when he noticed fernow fist pumping and like full body head banging right next to him stage left in the middle of his set

Both these anecdotes are so good
OGRE

Postby bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 pm

whitehouse fucking sucks
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Eugenics » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Nah....it's so good at achieving shock status (not to mention I love the wasp synth in his hands) that people that don't get it, will either totally forget about method acting performances, or like, fuuck..do people think ICP are going around with hatchets and killing people? Was marilyn manson ever even a really controversial person? it seems like a lot of dumb people projected things on shit they consumed. nobody worried or paid attention to lil peeps entire death wish discography. Outside of the performance aspect, I never got anything other than an intelligent engaging and outwardly interested in everything of culture, where I suspect most of his lyrics come from. yeah they fucking get sick and twisted, but so is the world around him. He just really takes case studies to the total breakdown. Like his lyrics of Why You Never Became A Dancer accomplishes what the script to Black Swan and later, the movie sort of accomplished, in what, 3 minutes?
Eugenics

Postby Eugenics » Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 pm

'A cunt like you' -he probably wrote while looking in the mirror
Eugenics

Postby Eugenics » Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am

all the shit you think might mean something worse (which is on you) like the 'Chlorine Gargle' isnt some torture where hes making someone str8 gargle chorine, but its an old english method, where maybe 2% of potassium chlorate and hydrochloric acid is added to 98% diluted water to fight diptheria and septic throat and such... they gave it to kids, so maybe his dad yelled at him asking if he could handle it to pump him up and be like FUCK YEAH IM NO LIL SISSY, DAD
Eugenics

Postby aububs » Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 am

Eugenics wrote:Like his lyrics of Why You Never Became A Dancer accomplishes what the script to Black Swan and later, the movie sort of accomplished, in what, 3 minutes?

that song is about tracy emin, apparently

cold cave toured with boyd rice and eisold also published rice's work through his heartworm press imprint
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby futurist » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

Kevin McCallister wrote:
marble wrote:

This wasn't that long ago I don't think. 2012?
A handful of venues and bookers cancelled the shows. After some time humming and hawwing the legendary 281 Kent decided the show must go on but they will place anti-racism pamphlets by the entrance, lol.

The bookers here cancelled the show, someone picked it up and moved it to a secret venue that was invite only. I'm willing to bet the farm that all the woke PC punks were there.

i hate boyd rice but i can't deny he played an amazing set.

after the show i ended up in a drinking circle with him and he was such a self-conscious paranoid person. "do you think people liked it??? i'm not sure if it was good enough. i can't believe people came out!! i hope it was good."

really made a lot of sense about him and his output....
futurist

Postby aububs » Thu May 17, 2018 3:45 am

that's interesting that he's so self-conscious and eager to please

I've never seen the full movie but I watched a scene from Pearls Before Swine the other day where boyd rice's character calls over to douglas p's characters's house to buy some illicit books and it is hands down one of the most excruciatingly bad things I've ever watched. will post it later if I find it, it's worth a good cringe
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Spoons » Thu May 17, 2018 5:16 am

cold cave really are the worst.
coked up fernow doing his happy dance and "I'm really felling it"- moves really fit the band's ridiculous demeanor
bongo wrote:lol
Spoons

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.