Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 am

they were loosely associated with rooney and i guess the drummer is an actor or something?

lead singer is real hot

AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby chairkicker » Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 am

chairkicker

Postby mcwop23 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:25 am

is this a joke thread
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 am

i liked PP until i just saw that cover
AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby chairkicker » Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 am

i'm sure you did

in any case that hot lead singer adores radiohead
chairkicker

Postby Daft Pun » Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 am

AIR
Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby RIXX » Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 am

my ringtone was phantom planet california in like sixth or seventh grade. but it was on this super old flip phone and it was so screechy and high pitched, it would hurt your ears listening to it

when my friends would have like massive 15 person halo LAN party sleepovers, it became a thing to call my phone right when it seemed like everyone was finally asleep in the living room, and then suddenly my screechy phantom planet ringtone from hell would blow up the silence. this would always happen like 4 or 5 times before everyone finally fell asleep
RIXX

Postby Milk » Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 am

i remember having an online friend in like 1999 that had Phantom Planet as her favorite band. I dont think i've thought about them since.

I like this on their wiki: "The band featured actor Jason Schwartzman on drums until 2003 and continued to release well-received albums in his absence."
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Poptone » Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am

Poptone
cat fan

Postby Milk » Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 am

I've been meaning to watch this film on this free roku channel for a while.

Or am i thinking of forbidden planet.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby super gas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 am

i lived in l.a. for a few months in 2000 and they were friends of a friend of mine. i never heard their music but would see them at parties and stuff. i just remember that one of the guys was in rushmore and i got really excited to meet him. we went to a party at what i remember being the heir to mattel's house but it could've been a different toy company. the rushmore kid showed up and my friend introduced me to him but he was super emo and wouldn't leave his car. he also smelled like onion and i was pretty disappointed. i saw him again at a party that the daughter of the actress who played dr quinn medicine woman, or the daughter of the ceo for sony music had. i think it was the later because they had a warhol hanging in the bathroom of their malibou beach front property. anyways, he was a bit nicer that time but i think it was only because he had started seeing this half-swedish girl and he wanted my help to impress her with some swedish slang. this was phantom planet to me. los angeles is a fucking weird place.

i later saw them open for morrissey at uci and it was the first time i heard their music, they were really terrible. the audience was 95% latino and morrissey ended with last night i dreamt that somebody loved me, with a finale of him falling to his knees and tearing his shirt off and revealing a t-shirt with the mexican flag on it. place went fucking nuts.

anyways, i'm a bit drunk and my roku has all of the sudden turned on some speech function where it continuously reads any words on the screen. it's annoying af and i was looking for a roku thread.
super gas

Postby worrywort » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:52 am

phantom planet is missing rules
worrywort

Postby That Demon Life » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:19 am

Did they ever make it to California?
That Demon Life

Postby Eyeball Kid » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:11 am

Yes, i remember Phantom Planet.
Eyeball Kid

Postby nice pass » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:33 am

You guessed it, Frank Stallone
nice pass
ok

Postby nautical hyperblast » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:44 pm

i saw them open for sting (who played all police songs). that's all i got.
nautical hyperblast

Postby Grumby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:48 pm

how were they able to open up for sting and morrissey
Grumby

Postby wendy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 pm

This was my favorite band for years. I met them in 2002 in a Wawa before a show, it was the first time I was allowed to go into Philly without an adult (a couple years earlier I’d ended up stranded alone in Camden in the middle of the night seeing a different band, for some reason my mom did not realize Camden was much worse than Philly?? Idk or maybe I lied about to her about where I was going, I don’t remember)

Anyway when I met Phantom Planet Maroon 5 was opening for them so Adam Levine was there (in the Wawa) and kind of a piece of shit but Jason was super nice and engaging. I was too nervous to talk to Alex who I was straight up in love with basically. A couple years later I interviewed them for my school paper and Sam remembered me. I will fight anyone that tries to hurt them. I recently listened to Is Missing and The Guest for the first time in forever. It was fun

That’s my thoughts on this band
wendy

Postby wendy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:59 pm

When I found out Jason quit the band I had a t-shirt made that said “I miss Jason”

Idk what happened to it

Anyway I’m sure Jeff Conrad is very nice but he will never be their drummer imo #teamjason forever
wendy

Postby wendy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:01 pm

They wrote a song about me. Just kidding it wasn’t about me but the title is my name. Also they never really actually fully wrote the song if you know what I mean. THANKS A LOT JACQUES. Only true Phans will get this reference
wendy

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....