Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby junglejim » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:27 pm

I feel weird about that argument but only on the basis of my belief that the trad 'big clubs' got there initially due to city size/worker unions. Realise that most of those clubs are now so removed from their roots in working culture that maybe that line of reasoning is invalid and I should just accept the sport as a big money shitshow.
junglejim

Postby pana » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

it's not like the clubs most often associated with FFP irregularities can't still spend a shitload. of course FFP was largely engineered by the status quo to keep new multibillionaire owners and their clubs in check but the whole point is that those new owners should have to struggle for a few years before their clubs start winning all the domestic and european titles. owners like Abramovich, Mansour and QSi found immediate success by compiling super-teams in a relatively short timeframe

obviously, people who aren't fans of the continent's traditional top clubs prefer this. and as much as you can throw shade at a club like Real for their finances, Utd have been making their money (and servicing owner debt) 'the right way' since day 1. personally, maybe i'd be able to tolerate this shit a bit more if it happened in the other 2-3 top leagues the same way it's been allowed to happen in the prem with Chelsea and City. LaLiga, the BuLi and the Serie A don't have clubs that seem able to do anything close to what Abramovich and Mansour did with theirs. no club other than Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve is going to dominate those leagues for the next decade or two. i'm just curious to see if one of City/PSG also manage to win a few CL titles along the way
pana

Postby pana » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm

at least Abramovich and Chelsea might be suffering a bit now, we'll see how it goes. then force the next few Mansours to take over struggling clubs in the other 3 leagues

i'd probably care more about a CL dominated by PSG, Rayo, Eibar, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Hertha and Freiburg than i do about this shit we have now with Real M

boo-hoo, i know
pana

Postby chargie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:19 pm

i feel the same way about this as i do with athletics: just let everybody dope, it's more exciting
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color
chargie

Postby pana » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:32 pm

one for Jabbz

+ Miranda this year, most likely

meanwhile, Martial's agent says his client has decided to leave Utd. and DDG is happy at Utd but wants to win more titles, like everyone else
pana

Postby darkendofthestreet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Issa Diop deal looking likely now, I know nothing about him outside of highlight clips but twitter is freaking out about West Ham getting him, so I'll take that as a good sign.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 pm

That Inter factoid is real nice. James Horncastle mentioned it on the most recent OTC as well.

Speaking of FFP, Inter only "partially" satisfied their agreement so they are going to be restricted in their financial dealings for another two years. The only restrictions are really down to amortized transfer fees though and Inter have done a mostly good job of balancing their books since the arrival of Suning. In fact, it might be a good thing if Inter have to wait another couple of year before they start flexing their financial muscle in the market. When they first arrived they wanted to make themselves known and signed Joao Mario and Gabriel Barbosa, which put them in €60 million hole...

I am not sure what this might mean for the rumored Radja deal though. Lucky has remained awful quiet about that one. Isn't he your favorite Roma player too? :) :lol:
Cosa vogliamo?
Tutto!
Jabberwocky

Postby the soccer return believer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm

oh yeah I fell asleep last night and then forgot about the post today.

idk where you got that he's my favourite player from. Totti > DDR > Flo > buncha retired guys from the 00s like Taddei, Perrotta, Tommasi, Cassano and then the foreigners. They all come for a few seasons and then leave so it's easy to not get too attached.

I guess the club/Monchi think he has been unprofessional and hasn't changed his ways at all. So with his playstyle, the smoking, aging etc it seems like as good a time as any to cash out for €30m. I don't know why Inter has to be the club we sell to but if he actually wants to go there then we can wipe his time at Roma clean.

Bruno Fernandes seems to be the linked replacement. Haven't seen him at Sporting obviously, but he played a similar role to Nainggolan before. Plus he's 7 years younger and would cost €0, so yeah that would be great.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
the soccer return believer

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm

I was basing that off you calling him one of Belgium's top three (or was it five?) players and being demonstrably upset that he wasn't put in the squad by Martinez.
Cosa vogliamo?
Tutto!
Jabberwocky

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm

I am also just using this opportunity for some gentle ribbing.
Tom Cruise wrote:oh yeah I fell asleep last night.

It is always reassuring to get confirmation that you do indeed do this action.
Cosa vogliamo?
Tutto!
Jabberwocky

Postby fury » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 am

Is inverting the pyramid a good book?
fury
ok

Postby Hoxha » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:53 am

pana wrote:i'd probably care more about a CL dominated by PSG, Rayo, Eibar, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Hertha and Freiburg than i do about this shit we have now with Real M

You'd care more if the names of the wealthy and poor clubs change, but the disparity remains?
Hoxha

Postby joe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 am

look, if i'm gonna eat the rich, i might need to borrow some forks and knives from the rich
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

Postby chargie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 am

starting the season with city then chelsea. yay.
chargie

Postby chargie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 am

chargie

Postby iambic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 am

fury wrote:Is inverting the pyramid a good book?

yes
iambic

Postby Jake SPEED » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 am

Griezmann coming across like the world’s biggest wanker
Jake SPEED

Postby gallits » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:49 am

Jake SPEED wrote:Griezmann coming across like the world’s biggest wanker

he sure is
gallits

Postby fury » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Lol. A reverse lebron. Really glad he’s staying but man he is an idiot
fury
ok

Postby the soccer return believer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Yeah Inverting the Pyramid is good. Think it's the only book I've read in Kindle format.
Have to get his books about goalkeepers, Argentina and the Iron Curtain at some point. Also Cox's book The Mixer.

Jabberwocky wrote:I was basing that off you calling him one of Belgium's top three (or was it five?) players and being demonstrably upset that he wasn't put in the squad by Martinez.

I mean in that Belgian CM position he's better than Witsel, Dendocker, Dembele, Tielemans and Fellaini isn't he.
Apart from Hazard and KDB I can't see anyone solidly better than him. You can argue Vertonghen or Lukaku I guess.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Postby pony » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:16 am

unrelated question but do any of you guys know how many posts you need to have to be able to send pms?
pony

Postby Hoxha » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:41 am

Leeds United: Marcelo Bielsa signs two-year contract to become new manager

What on earth
Hoxha

Postby Pokemon Mastah » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:57 am

Why are you doing this to yourself Marcelo
Pokemon Mastah

Postby Hoxha » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:54 am

Gotta pay those lawyers I guess.
Hoxha

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Lucky, please put me down as a tifoso of Cosenza, who have finally been promoted back to Serie B after fifteen long years! They ascended through the playoff tonight in a 3-1 win against Siena. My family is from there and I have spent a decent amount of time in that city. They were sending me videos of the party that was taking place in their central piazza until the wee hours of the morning.

Forza i lupi!
Cosa vogliamo?
Tutto!
Jabberwocky

Postby pokethedoke » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Chelsea are gonna win the premier league and champions league
pokethedoke

Postby the soccer return believer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Tom Cruise wrote:Rui Patricio, Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho and Gelson Martins are gonna look great at Wolves next season! All for the low, low price of £0.

Dost and Rodrigo Battaglia cancelling their contracts too...

Patricio is a wolf!

Postby number none » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Marca are saying de Gea has agreed a new 5-year contract on €21m a year :o

(worth it obv)
number none

Postby mites » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 pm

fury wrote:Is inverting the pyramid a good book?

yes v good
mites

Postby chargie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:34 am

chargie

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....