Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:32 pm

I went to the Ralphs in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles and I was stoned off my tits. I ran into Ben Savage in an aisle who was clearly also stoned. He could tell I recognized him, I said "Hey! Are you Ben Savage?" he paused and like, thought about it, and said eventually "...Yeah!" with a big smile I said "Cool!" and then walked away
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby nautical hyperblast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:36 pm

i saw dee snyder last week at lassens loading groceries into a red tesla (with nevada license plates!).
hung with duncan trussel for a couple hours at footsies - that was the most enjoyable but i dunno if he counts as a celebrity.
elijah wood dj's at my friends shop a lot.
went to eric andre's birthday party this year. there was a petting zoo and i hid in it when he ran into the chocolate wrestling pool naked and then ran around the place hugging everyone.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhhvqValLL7 ... cmacdonald
here's some pics from it.
nautical hyperblast

Postby RIXX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 pm

best random sighting was probably when I was going to UCLA and went to the Ralphs in Westwood, I was on the very top level and this car pulls up and Ron Artest jumped out and gave me a high-five and jogged to the elevator

as far as straight-up meeting celebrities, i've met a ton over the years through random occasions w/ jim or linda, it sorta doesn't phase me as much anymore. my favorite was meeting sigourney weaver, i just could not believe how small and fragile she seemed. not like..unhealthy frail, but just such a delicate person despite being known as an action star
RIXX

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 pm

I also saw David Liebe Hart at the La Brea Tarpit (guess where I lived in LA) and I told him I loved him in Tim and Eric and his reponse was "I want a coke" so I went to a vending machine and bought him one and he told me that Tim & Eric fired him (the show had just ended) and I bought a cd-r he had made of songs about trains he made with some kid
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:44 pm

you might have been my sister's neighbor
Ferrous Bueller

Postby RIXX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 pm

yeah that sounds like a DLH encounter alright.

he was a real obnoxious presence when i worked on Check it Out. always making loud noises, messing up takes, etc. I could clearly see why T&E stopped working with him as much.

I actually had to hold one of his dirty old puppets for him during one take and it was absolutely filthy. I was really grossed out
RIXX

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 pm

I lived more in the mid-city area, near Fairfax & San Vicente blvd.

Nautical Hyperblast knows. I got (too) baked with him near there at his buds just by The Grove :ugeek:
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Annie May » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Back in HS I was riding in a car through town with friends and we passed Bam & Co shaving one of their skater friend's heads on the sidewalk. Ryan Dunn was there too, only a couple months before he died :(
Annie May

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:47 pm

I saw a guy who dresses up like Johnny Depp
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Postby nautical hyperblast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:47 pm

DLH hangs out on the pathway to/from the hollywood bowl and does songs before and after shows sometimes. last time i saw him was after belle and sebastian, which made sense for some reason.
nautical hyperblast

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 pm

have you ever shared how you know jim and linda, nonchalant?
wintergreen

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 pm

I miss LA but I used to get faded too often there
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby RIXX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm sure at one point on the board, but basically my dorm suite-mate my freshman year at UCLA was Linda's son. We became super close almost instantly, and I also became best friends with his sister, who is Linda and Jim's daughter (and a couple years younger than us). I lived with Linda's son for a year in Burbank, then lived in Jim's malibu house for a half a year and then lived with his daughter for two years in Brooklyn until recently. they consider me an extended part of the family now and I love them all so so much
Last edited by RIXX on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIXX

Postby Bad craziness » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:53 pm

I was at the huge Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA about 5 years ago. I had just moved to LA a couple months beforehand. I had already seen the exhibit and was showing my friend, so I brought him over to look at the "I expect to make the best movie ever made" letter about the unmade Napoleon film, and we're geeking out about when he suddenly stops and motions with his eyes behind me. I turn around and Steven Spielberg is 5 feet in front of me, looking right at me and smiling.

I kind of panicked internally and the committee of my mind made a rush decision to err on the side of excessive politeness and not engage or react whatsoever. I've replayed the scenario many times wondering the different ways it could have gone.

It was funny because everyone walking around the exhibit started noticing and we were all stoked, but we all were playing it cool because of the social contract of the museum exhibit setting.

I did eavesdrop a bit when he was in the section about Kubrick's planned holocaust movie and he said that they had kind of fallen out of touch toward the end of Kubrick's life.

Me and my buddy freaked out when they announced like a month later that Spielberg was producing the unmade Napoleon film.

http://collider.com/stanley-kubrick-napoleon-hbo-cary-fukunaga/
Bad craziness

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:53 pm

is that how you got a hold of Orl's number that we never pranked him with
session to session
ratbags

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:54 pm

RIXX wrote:I'm sure at one point on the board, but basically my dorm suite-mate my freshman year at UCLA was Linda's son. We became super close almost instantly, and I also became best friends with his sister, who is Linda and Jim's daughter (and a couple years younger than us). I lived with Linda's son for a year in Burbank, then lived in Jim's malibu house for a half a year and then lived with his daughter for two years in Brooklyn until recently. they consider me an extended part of the family now and I love them all so so much

crazy. thanks for retelling it.
wintergreen

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:54 pm

I saw Johnny Knoxville at LACMA once... he was really handsome irl
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby warmjets » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 pm

In LA for the first time drunk as hell at some bar in Hollywood and see craig robinson sitting nearby. Being the idiot that I am I yelled "reg mackworthy!!". He just smiled and handed me a marble pipe. I hit it and I don't remember much else that evening. Think it was laced with something
warmjets

Postby RIXX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 pm

ratbags wrote:is that how you got a hold of Orl's number that we never pranked him with

ya sorta. after meeting linda's son at ucla i was sorta inducted into his tightly knit circle of malibu friends, and one of them named Cosmo had a dad who was a pretty well known DP on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I guess Cos went to a wrap party and took shots with Orl and keira knightley and somehow got Orl's number. We've been prank calling Orl for years and he always picks up and laughs really charmingly
RIXX

Postby nautical hyperblast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 pm

i peed next to a very drunk haley joel osment at the wiltern hannibal buress show.
i fell down the stairs in front of dave grohl when i was 16/drunk for the second time on vacation in the bahamas.
i worked on almost every season of celebrity rehab so anyone on there i had weird times with. dmx was on another show i was on, he was a sweetheart.
dennis rodman was interesting... this was the car he had at the time:
Last edited by nautical hyperblast on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nautical hyperblast

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 pm

My best London sighting: I saw Booger from Revenge of the Nerds on an escalator for the Central Line at Holborn station. I looked up his twitter afterwards and saw he was indeed in London :ugeek:
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:03 pm

i investigate my surroundings obsessively, and i recognize a lot of actors, so i get to have sightings of people like boris kodjoe.

i think the last celebrity i saw was marg helgenberger, at the getty center, in march.

speaking of suite-mates, kourtney kardashian was suite-mates with a good friend of mine in our dorm at smu, so we were acquaintances. she borrowed my vhs copy of the rock and never returned it.

i was in an elevator with jonathan frakes once. he was holding a giant gift, so i had to push the button for his floor for him.
wintergreen

Postby nautical hyperblast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:03 pm

damn seeing booger is a good one. i kinda look forward to weird ones like that (and dee snyder) more than big ones.
nautical hyperblast

Postby :? :? » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:04 pm

I spent a day with danica mckellar when I was eight

this was pretty much the best person to spend a day with for 8yo me, but she hated me
:? :?
ride.

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 pm

I saw her do a talk at UCLA once, she was still a fox, but man I'll always love Winnie Cooper
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby nautical hyperblast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 pm

i want to be boys with shia labeouf.
nautical hyperblast

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 pm

I saw Tom Cruise actually, for an opening of Jack Reacher in Leicester Sq. We were walking by and saw the crowd and went over to see what was being premierd and there he was. Real short
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby what the schmuck » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:17 pm

saw james van der beek with his family on the ferry from seattle to bainbridge island during july 4th weekend a couple of years ago. he seemed to be busy with small children so i didnt say anything.
what the schmuck

Postby important dentist » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:32 pm

my buddies and i were in philadelphia for a wedding and spent the night after the wedding barhopping. we knew rob mcelhenney actually owned a bar near where we were so we decided to check it out. it's called "mac's" and weirdly does not even aspire to the charming diviness of paddy's, it's just an extremely bro-y, almost club-like bar, so we decide to just get one drink and beat it. my friend goes to the bathroom and is pissing at the urinal when he notices the guy pissing next to him is mac himself. he told us when he came out and we looked over and mac was posing with people taking pictures. kaitlin olson/dee/his wife was also there, behind the bar. pretty soon they were both heading for the door, looking extremely like they didn't want to be there. mac is a very small man, much smaller than kaitlin.
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby incoherent grunting » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I met Pacino Murphy in the grocery store, shook his hand and thanked him for his work. Very gracious.
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
incoherent grunting

Next

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.