Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Smelly_Elevator » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:47 am

I cooked a salmon for Bruce Vilanch during a big snow storm Image
I walked by his table of local imrov geeks and he was doing a "bit" about it :oops:
Smelly_Elevator

Postby blogger status » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:02 pm

yo sissy
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby hadlex » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:25 pm

I went to preschool with Chelsea Clinton. Does that count?
The laughing jumbo of Europe's gay spots.
hadlex

Postby DizzyBusiness » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:12 pm

I ran into dennis quaid in the customs line in Montego Bay. And then saw him again in the Detroit airport about 2 years later. THE QUAID and I are tight

Most random, strangest encounter was mike tyson at maos tomb in Beijing
The backyard is bringing me down.
And the front one is freaking me out.
DizzyBusiness

Postby emotional fascism » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:42 pm

John Waters on a bicycle in Provincetown MA. We yelled. He didn't appreciate it.
emotional fascism

Postby alaska » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:48 pm

This is a very lame one but I saw Ben Lerner eating ice cream in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn once
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby alaska » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Already regretting postinfg that. I saw michael cera at a dumb movie screening that a,band i played in opened for...more like a celebrity sighting me
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby fuckles » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:58 pm

I don’t understand Bruce vilanch
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby trigross » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:18 pm

my buddy had the job of picking up the foreign exchange students at o'hare (i went to college 1.5 hrs north in beloit wi) and i tagged along with him once

we were standing in the baggage claim area waiting for them with a sign that said "beloit college" and there was a guy next to us ostensibly waiting for someone as well

my friend kept looking at him and nudged me and the dude looked super familiar so i asked him "hey...are you billy zane?"

he said "yeah" and that was it

that's the only celeb i've ever met
trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby trigross » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:22 pm

my friend who co-runs a merch company has some good ones but the best one recently was when he was at a festival in texas or something and was super busy on the walkie talkie doing whatever the hell it is he does and quavo came up behind him and kept on asking him for something so he told the person he was talking to "wait a second...i've got a migo that needs something" and quavo got very pissed at him
trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 pm

I saw Chopper Read at a Slayer concert with a couple of scary lookin' mates
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby mortimer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:38 pm

D
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mortimer

Postby jewels » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:46 pm

I don't know if it's a sighting, because it was a chairty event put on by Chase Utley.

But I introduced myself to Jimmy Rollins and had a brief uneventful chat, after which I introduced him to my wife. They also had a nice friendly chat. Jimmy is about 5'8" if I'm being generous and isn't ripped. Even though the place was filled with Phillies, my wife just thought he was a friend of mine. After he walked away she thought he was very nice and asked how I knew him.

She doesn't watch much baseball, but after that she was always excited to see Jimmy Rollins.
It was really adorable and I like telling that story.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby laserblast » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm

was walking down the street one day in front of our office with a co-worker when we spot liz warren walking the other direction, giving someone the business on the phone. co-worker throws up his hand for a high-five, she delivers it in stride and without breaking from her conversation
laserblast

Postby laserblast » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:04 pm

other than that i've met several celebs through work. nothing notable except thomas friedman is an enormous, haughty asshole in addition to being extraordinarily stupid
laserblast

Postby crisp butty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm

visited auschwitz in 2006 at the same time as gordon strachan's celtic, in poland for a pre-season friendly

(there was nothing enjoyable about this sighting whatsoever wh/ is why it is the best)
crisp butty

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm

I saw Jonathan Richman using a pay phone
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby creedence tapes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:I saw Jonathan Richman using a pay phone

That's how he would have wanted it
creedence tapes

Postby Reliable Tradesman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I walked into this small clothes store one day and the only customer in there was Taylor Hanson.

It was just the one shop girl, who was fawning over him as he and I exchanged positions around the store. He ended up buying around five items and she filled a hand written receipt for him, and awkwardly asked him -

'What's your name?'

He confidently and casually responded,

'Taylor'

'And your surname?'

He lowered his voice and answered shyly

'Uhhh, Hanson'

The silence following was really funny, and we all just had dumb grins on our faces. He seemed like a nice guy.
Reliable Tradesman

Postby hey nathan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 am

molina
we opned for mag:elec
we shared cigarettes in the parking lot
talked abt vans
he asked to borrow my bass amp for the middle bands baritone guitar
i said of course
he said help myself to beer in his dressing room
i didnt drink
he gave me a weird look
hey nathan

Postby number none » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:49 am

Rolling Stone wrote:Alongside the world's tallest free-standing tower, one of the world's tiniest pop stars is crouched next to a garbage pail, collecting a pile of eyeliner pencils and mascara tubes between her hands. While Amy Winehouse wanders the courtyard of Toronto's 1,815-foot CN Tower in search of a plastic bag to hold her cosmetics, the man who was her fiancé on that May but who would be her husband five days later smokes a cigarette from my pack and looks bored

I provided Amy Winehouse with the plastic bag she's searching for at the beginning of this Rolling Stone article. Was working in the Starbucks in the Tower at the time. I was pretty much struck dumb by her sudden apparition and I think the only words I said were a mumbled "you're welcome"
number none

Postby wendy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:28 am

I met Mel Gibson while he was filming signs and gave him my autograph. Wonder if he still has it

My first job out of college Pharrell came in and I talked to him for like 5 seconds. I asked if he wanted water and he politely declined but asked if he could sit on the couch. I said yes

Also for that job we held magazine launch parties. Jazzy Jeff DJed one. My job was to hang around, make sure he didn’t need anything, and keep the refreshments coming. He and his bodyguard were very talkative and nice. At one point I swear like hours into the party he stopped me and said “please stop calling me jazzy. My name is Jeff.” I was mortified
wendy

Postby wendy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 am

Oh those aren’t really “sightings.” Okay once I bumped into Schoolly D at a random party in Philly. He asked if I wanted to go somewhere private. I did not
wendy

Postby wendy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:32 am

I also saw Scott speedman twice in the same vicinity like 2 months apart. He’s a fast walker

And drew Barrymore and fabrizio Moretti at a Starbucks in union square. It was funny because my friend and I had a long running in-joke that any white dude with his hair and sunglasses was Fabrizio moretti. I saw them come in but my friend’s back was to them. I nodded and said “check out fabrizio moretti over there” and she looked and chuckled and then did a double (almost spit) take

We loled
wendy

Postby RIXX » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:36 am

oh yeah mel gibson. whenever I'm in LA I go with a friend to this private AA meeting in Calabasas that's organized in a old church he owns. he doesn't run the meetings (his daughter does) but he sometimes shows up and sits in and talks sometimes. it's always surreal!
RIXX

Postby Viola Swamp » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:44 am

Viola Swamp wrote:The best concert I’ve ever attended was when Bjork came into my empty video store and put her little daughter up on the counter and they sang a song in Icelandic and rented green eggs and ham
Viola Swamp

Postby goofjan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 am

creedence tapes wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:I saw Jonathan Richman using a pay phone

That's how he would have wanted it

it's not a contest but I think this is the best one.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby aububs » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:58 am

i was at a dinner on thursday night with mcnulty's wife

she's a super rich aristocrat type person and apparently he's really rude to all her staff
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby gambra » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:18 am

I've done shots with Christoper Doyle, the lunatic cinematographer who did the Hong Kong episode of Parts Unknown the other week. He was doing them with everyone and he is pretty much exactly how he is in the episode all the time.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby gambra » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 am

I've worked in TV/film for a couple of years now so I have a list as long as my arm of "famous" people I've seen & interacted with, most are not really known outside Ireland but I had a chat with Cillian Murphy & John Banville when they were in recording some radio show. The Chris Doyle one is still my favourite though.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....