Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shankly » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I made Bernard Hopkins a smoothie
shankly

Postby clouds » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 pm

shankly wrote:I made Bernard Hopkins a smoothie

a lot of these are good but i like this one. what kind of smoothie does behop like?
clouds

Postby Eyeball Kid » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:55 pm

I was in an Urban Outfitters in NYC in 2003, looking at a table displaying t-shirts when I just happened to slowly look up and see directly across the table and looking right at me was Kevin Bacon. He was wearing skinny jeans and a denim jacket. I smiled briefly and casually looked back down at the shirts; when I looked up again he had walked several feet away and had been joined by two young girls, who for the longest time I assumed were his daughters, though, looking it up now, I see he only has one daughter. Maybe the other was a friend or cousin? I don't know! And if Kyra Sedgwick was there, I didn't see her!
Eyeball Kid

Postby shankly » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 pm

It definitely had 3 scoops of vanilla whey protein, a banana, and peanut butter. It may have had some coffee, too. He was a regular at a coffee shop that I worked at and his order had its own button in the POS that said “BHOP”

He drove a cream colored Bentley and was really soft-spoken. Always had a couple guys with him, but not huge bodyguards or anything. Nice guy, true Philly legend.
shankly

Postby neuartillery » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 pm

I saw Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale walk by while I was waiting to talk to Hum after a show at Irving Plaza in NYC in 1998.

My sister and her husband have had a surprising amount of celebrity run-ins around their upstate NY town. Liam Neeson, Meryl Streep, Peter Dinklage, Chloe Sevigny, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.
neuartillery

Postby walt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Once I went to a bar in West Hollywood that was supposed to be Michigan themed. Michigan is culturally vacant went in comes to food but I heard they showed Red Wings games so I trekked over there one day. I walked in and on what felt like instinct my eyes darted directly toward a middle table where Tom Arnold and Dax Shepherd were both crushing like 3 coney dogs each. Didn’t hear them speak a word to each other the whole time they were there. They eventually left together and I continued watching the game.

Was standing in line at a Quiznos in West LA once reading a comic over the should of the guy in front of me. I thought to myself, “this dude has good taste,” before looking up and realizing it was Phil Lamar. Just nodded to myself and kept reading.
walt

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:05 pm

I checked sissy spacek's name in the voter rolls when she came into the polling station
Ferrous Bueller

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm

stood next to corin tucker and lance bangs at a todd barry show.

saw henry winkler ordering mcdonalds at the cincinnati airport. a bunch of the employees came out and took a picture with him. he seemed really friendly
light rail coyote

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:20 pm

i was at universal studios and got off the spider-man ride and was in the store you exit into and michael jackson walked right by me with a huge entourage in tow, i guess he rode it like right after us. Once he hit the door and rolled into the “street” people started freaking out.

Here in town I saw Tony Hale at the Anthropologie store while he was filming a terrible jimmy fallon movie in town and i said “hey brother” and he seemed pleasantly surprised
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby ratbags » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 pm

shankly wrote:I made Bernard Hopkins a smoothie

i once popped some corn for Eugene Levy before he went into see This Is It, the michael jackson movie
session to session
ratbags

Postby BlackSugar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm

I was in a remarkably small and cramped elevator in union station with baby huckle in a stroller. doors opened up and whoopie goldberg and barbara walters jammed in. whoopie immediately went crazy over huckle and picked him up and bounced him in her arms for a couple minutes being as sweet as can be. barbara looked horrified and was slinking in the corner of the elevator. when we got out, whoopie kept playing with huckle and barbara walters said she was going to get a coffee and left. whoopie gave me a big hug at the end and said I must be a great dad to have such a happy beautiful son (lol) and it was all really nice and I was happy for the rest of the day. and I don't blame or fault barbara walters, she's earned the right to not go near a child if she doesn't want to
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby Grey Poupon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm

incoherent grunting wrote:I met Pacino Murphy in the grocery store, shook his hand and thanked him for his work. Very gracious.

One of the finest of his generation.
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby Render » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Saw P Diddy playing craps while walking through The Wynn at 2 AM
A very drunk Dikembe Mutombo sat behind us at the Flamingo’s cafe at like 4 AM

When I was in LA I saw Jon Lovitz going to a movie by himself and Betty White and Perez Hilton getting a drink together

In NYC I saw Dangermouse and James Mercer at a bar and told them I was a fan, then got back to my hotel room later and they were playing on Jimmy Fallon
Render

Postby walt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Two very good stories above.

I also saw Lake Bell at a Trader Joes in Sherman Oaks. She was very striking and appeared quite friendly. I was there for some fall cider.

[edit] was refering to ratbags and blacksugar but render snuck a good one in there too
walt

Postby neopolitan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 pm

I saw Jerry Seinfeld at a restaurant near Washington Square Park that sold peanut butter sandwiches. One variety on the menu was named after him. He was with some bald guy and two children. We made eye contact and I could see that he knew that I recognized him. He looked afraid that I would say something to him but I didn’t. Then his wife drove up in a huge SUV and picked them all up.
I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur.
neopolitan

Postby fuckles » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:41 pm

james murphy on the bedford L platform

rachel dratch getting in at 1st ave taking her kid to school

oscar isaac at brooklyn kitchen buying everything involved with making a roast including a cast iron dutch oven

jemaine clement on the L just last week

then again i went for a walk with a coworker last week and she was all "wow look at all these famous people" and i was like "what who" and she said "blah blah, who is a famous fashion blogger, and blah blah an internet model" so i dunno i could be walking by famous celebrities all day and not recognize them
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby fuckles » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:43 pm

also do you know who the most famous celebrity is?

it's you baby
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby Celiac Cruz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 pm

when i was in santa monica for like two days i had to go to a pharmacy for something and saw kareem abdul jabbar picking up his prescriptions

like two or three weeks ago i went to see first reformed at the angelika in nyc and as i was walking in a saw a tall guy who i genuinely thought was someone who had graduated high school a few years before me but then he looked over at me and i realized it was bo burnham. i guess he was seeing the movie too, because when i was leaving the theater i saw that he had been a few rows behind me, which made me feel bad bc i was nervous i had made a motion during the 8th grade trailer that i hope he didn't mistake as me hating on his directorial debut
Celiac Cruz

Postby Dr. Norm Thagard » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Probably 12-15 years ago, I was at the Atlanta airport late at night. Everyone is standing at baggage claim like a bunch of zombies. There are two small and attractive people with a tiny dog also standing at baggage claim but they have one of those retractable barriers blocking them. I'm staring at them and it's obvious they are rich
They have some luggage, all Gucci. I stared and stared until my zombie brain realized it was Nas and Kelis. I guess they'd been on my flight. Anyway, they were tiny and quiet and looked very rich and shiny.
delgriffith wrote:Yeah Norm.

OKterrific wrote:Norm yay

Cronos wrote:The world needs more Norm

Feech La Manna wrote:well here's Norm at least

night moves wrote: People like you make up false boogeyman to blame for their emotions being out of control
Dr. Norm Thagard
Every superhero need her theme music

Postby Bartatua » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Who are jim and linda
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Dr. Norm Thagard » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 pm

I ran into Michael Stipe a bunch when I lived in Athens. He was always being a person and I was being a person.

Another time I saw Peter buck and Mike Mills sitting together at my favorite bar.

I was in and of Montreal video and saw Kevin Barnes everywhere for a while. I know you guys hate them.

I used to run into a lot of the elephant six/orange twin people a lot. I guess they are not real celebrities, just musicians.

I shook John stamos's hand once. He was insanely tiny and orange.

night moves wrote: People like you make up false boogeyman to blame for their emotions being out of control
Dr. Norm Thagard

Postby marble » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 pm

i saw martin freeman a bunch when he was here shooting the hobbit, just walking around town by himself looking bored, like he really needed a friend. also one time i saw him in the local record store looking at old country records. oh that reminds me, i saw andy serkis at a town near wellington (eastbourne for those who know the area). he parked his bike outside this second hand bookstore being run outta someones garage in full black lycra. i was with my parents and exclaimed "that's andy serkis!!!" a bit too loudly and it was a v small spot so he was understandably a lil creeped out.
marble

Postby RIXX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 pm

edit: neuartillery got it
Last edited by RIXX on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIXX

Postby neuartillery » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:04 pm

James Cameron and Linda Hamilton.

Since that was answered already I'll change this post to the incredibly exciting time I realized NHL journeyman / current New Jersey Devils Assistant GM Tom Fitzgerald was also eating at Bagel World.
Last edited by neuartillery on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neuartillery

Postby Dr. Norm Thagard » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm

My aunt lives in the same building as Jason heyward. She was on the elevator with him but she just talked to his dog. When she got off, my uncle was like, do you know who that was? She was embarrassed because she never even looked up.

Dr. Norm Thagard

Postby neuartillery » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:07 pm

RIXX wrote:edit: neuartillery got it

I liked that we both initially edited the answer away.
neuartillery

Postby marble » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 pm

fuckles wrote:jemaine clement on the L just last week

i didn't mention this because i consider them NZ celebs so much more boring but i've seen taika waititi, jemaine clement and bret mckenzie a few times. saw jemaine/taika drinking at the airport cafe on the way up to auckland and then saw them at this cafe in ponsonby later that afternoon. also saw jemaine clement with a big fucking orange bike once in central wellington. saw bret mckenzie with his kid watching the santa parade once.
marble

Postby kit fox » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:15 pm

when i was a teen i ran in to new found glory at the mall, where they were dropping off some nfg tees. i told them that i wanted to go their show that night but couldnt get tickets in time and hiw a bunch of my friends were going. they were like “oh man that sucks” and i totally thought they were going to say theyd “put me on the list” but they just said nice to meet you bye
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby werd » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 pm

I was rude to Giovanni Ribisi then later that day I made Robin Williams a mocha
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby frito pie country » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 pm

i watched woody harrelson go through security at the airport

he was wearing cargo shorts and a huge hawaiian shirt and sunglasses. he had a box with him that was the size of a small loaf of bread and it was locked and they were asking him questions about it and he never replied with words, he just shrugged and gestured at the box a bunch, looking fully disinterested in the whole ordeal. they were visibly frustrated but eventually just said fuck it and let him go.
frito pie country
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.