Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby marble » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 am

NegativeCapability wrote:I got a pretty crazy one. It was a Saturday in August like three years ago. I sat on a park bench chillin just minding my own beeswax and suddenly an extremely inebriated Bill Murray appeared out of nowhere. I thought that I was dreaming. He smiled at me, slapped me across the face and said "No one will believe you." then skipped away off into the distance. Good guy.

bill murray needs new material
marble

Postby Poptone » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:50 am

i saw Slash at the John Carpenter show in Pittsburgh I went to a couple years back

i've seen Tom Savini and Doug Bradley (the Hellraiser dude) around, too, usually at nerd-type things
Poptone
cat fan

Postby goofjan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:56 am

I saw noted war hawk John Bolton in an airport once.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby Ankh » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:58 am

bumped into lebron at a subsidized grocery store on valentine's day a long time ago

we were both alone
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby tricksforchips » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:14 am

Jason Schwartzman asked my friend where he got his shirt and as my friend tried to recall, Jason sighed and said "nevermind" and walked away in a huff.
tricksforchips

Postby goofjan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 am

I saw Joaquin Phoenix at a farmers market in Providence while he was filming Irrational Man. He bought the last thing of raspberries, which I had been eyeballing. As he popped them into his mouth he asked the farmer, "Are these fresh? Are these fresh?" and played with her dog.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend was an extra in that movie in a pool party scene. She's not on screen because at the last minute Woody Allen himself changed the blocking and replaced her with a much younger woman.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby TwoInchesOfTrouble » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:38 am

played blackjack next to Mr. Cub Ernie Banks for a couple hours when i was 21 in Vegas 17 years ago. super nice guy.
TwoInchesOfTrouble

Postby inmate » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:15 pm

i once saw michael jordan and george w bush sitting together at a golf tournament. they seemed to be enjoying themselves.
inmate

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 pm

I saw Joey Fatone at LAX eating McDonald's french fies by the fist full and talking about a celebrity golf tournament he had coming up
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby hit record » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:35 pm

i saw eric andre getting hassled by customs at the montreal airport.
hit record

Postby odilon redon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:43 pm

ethan hawke at a bright eyes show in nyc circa digital ash era
E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby misadventurous » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 pm

-i used to work at a grocery store in Vermont and Neko Case came through my checkout line once. i did a double-take when i saw her name and she kinda smiled awkwardly and i smiled awkwardly back and that was it, really. I'm still glad i didn't say anything though i guess a "i love your music" would have been harmless enough

-When we were kids my brother and i met Dom Deluise in a pizza parlor. By which i mean my brother met him and i kinda hid because i felt too shy. He was very sweet to my bro, who i don't think really knew who he was (i knew him 100% from Don Bluth animated movies)
misadventurous

Postby babycrime » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:17 pm

checked in Larry Mullen jr for his flight. He grunted once or twice, ann did all the talking and she was nice.

same job, Karl Pilkington got really upset when his reservation got messed up after trying to check like 30 boxes of camera equipment.

edit: forgot I harassed calvin johnson after a show. i was really young and trying to make zines and I asked him if they were still relevant. he said something like, "well we still look at paintings in museums don't we?"
Last edited by babycrime on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babycrime

Postby light rail coyote » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 pm

why are so many of u meeting U2
light rail coyote

Postby hadlex » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Once, I saw Robert Pollard cross the street in front of a record store in St. Louis. AMA
The laughing jumbo of Europe's gay spots.
hadlex

Postby nosebleeds » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

I guess this is a good day for this. I was at a bar here in Chicago. Anthony Bourdain was in town doing a reading up the street at the Congress Theater. He came into the bar. Some friends of mine worked there and lived above the bar. He saw us shooting the shit and asked if he could sit with us. We smoked him up and he wouldn't let us pay for anything.
nosebleeds

Postby jewels » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

shortly after his moment of fame I saw william hung at the airport, he seemed to have low key security, but nobody approached him.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?
jewels

Postby blogger status » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:09 pm

no words

ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby madness and chaos » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:13 pm

in all my time in L.A. the only celebs I've seen are at A.A. and I better not list them

I've never even seen paparazzi chasing someone or anything
Roberto Bolaño's chair
madness and chaos

Postby madness and chaos » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:14 pm

blogger status wrote:no words

jajaja :barney:
Roberto Bolaño's chair
madness and chaos

Postby Bartatua » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 pm

someone post the ebert anecdote
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby blogger status » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Render wrote:Saw P Diddy playing craps while walking through The Wynn at 2 AM
A very drunk Dikembe Mutombo sat behind us at the Flamingo’s cafe at like 4 AM

When I was in LA I saw Jon Lovitz going to a movie by himself and Betty White and Perez Hilton getting a drink together

In NYC I saw Dangermouse and James Mercer at a bar and told them I was a fan, then got back to my hotel room later and they were playing on Jimmy Fallon

i saw mutombo at the airport we were apparently on the same flight he was standing with like a two year old that was taking in how tall of a man he is
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:37 pm

darger wrote:
Sweet Gregory Pectin wrote:hideaway lights: fantastic four rocked, my nigga!
ebert: none of those things is true
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby wintergreen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:33 am

i saw gallagher, richard masur, and dylan walsh at griffith observatory on father's day 2007.

dylan walsh was wearing all white and yelling at his 11 year old daughter.
wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:35 am

i saw icarly at the bar at the arclight on sunset, then she sat in front of me in the theater. we were seeing mama.
wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:37 am

i shared a corner of the counter at the apple pan with rhys coiro and he stared at me angrily the entire time. i can only imagine it was because i ordered an egg salad sandwich at the apple pan.
wintergreen

Postby Organic Croutons » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:39 am

I’ve lived in nyc for 10 years and bike pretty much everywhere. I’ve seen like 100 celebs, some of them 3-4 times each

99% of the time I leave them completely alone and don’t even want them to realize I’m aware of them

I extremely drunkenly yelled Lady Gaga at her while she smoked a cigarette 2 feet away from me outside of a dive bar. I then started into a rambling “how’s it feel that every girl in the world idolizes you” and one of her body guards gently lifted me and set me down a few feet away

When Q tip used to DJ santos party house all the time I was high as fuck and dancing w some girl I just met and I sensed a sort of commotion in the room and also he was playing I Can’t Get No Satisfaction or some huge stones song like that, completely out of the ordinary from the rest of his set, so I look up and Mick Jagger is in the booth w Q Tip doing his signature strut dance to the music. Unbelievable. I was fresh off the boat basically bright eyed bushy tailed newcomer in nyc at the time. My mind was blown

Used to see josh hartnet around a lot. Union pool once. Milk studios event one time he was rolling w a crew that all looked like Allman Brothers roadies or something (except in their early 30s) and seemed they were all strung out. Couldn’t tell if he was

Danny devito ate at the table behind me at Wolfgang’s steakhouse around midtown when I was taking a client out for lunch last summer. I sent a text to my client and the engineer saying “don’t look right this second but Danny devitos at the table behind us”. He looked incredible actually. Almost like an old french impressionist painter or something. White hair instead of black u always see him with. I think I was attracted to him
Last edited by Organic Croutons on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Organic Croutons

Postby wintergreen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:40 am

i saw kelli giddish from svu sitting in the shadows by herself at the phoenix airport.
wintergreen

Postby wintergreen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 am

i saw wade boggs at whatever the steakhouse at the contemporary at disney world is called. he looked like a drug dealer. my ex's brother got his autograph, and he included the date he got his 3000th hit.
wintergreen

Postby Organic Croutons » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 am

I see celebs at my gym every day. I got to fuss at Anderson Cooper earlier this week for not realizing I was using a machine and trying to take it from me
Organic Croutons

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....