What will the post social media landscape look like?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby snuggle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Maybe we can go back to livejournals
snuggle

Postby snuggle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:02 pm

I’m tired of being constantly connected to supreme idiocy
snuggle

Postby terminus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 pm

terminus

Postby viachicago » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm

viachicago

Postby snuggle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm

I feel like this presidency really put the nail in the coffin of Facebook and all spinoff social media
snuggle

Postby antoine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 pm

pencil
paper
less anxiety
antoine

Postby Grumby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

maybe more human involvement.
Grumby

Postby snuggle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Maybe in the evolved social media craze everyone will make quick songs about their day influenced by mark kozelek with cheap iPad apps
snuggle

Postby antoine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 pm

maybe people will hate each other less and feel less of a need to destroy each other's lives?
antoine

Postby Grumby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 pm

isn't this why we like the nineties so much retrospectively. because there wasn't this.
Grumby

Postby antoine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 pm

snuggle wrote:Maybe in the evolved social media craze everyone will make quick songs about their day influenced by mark kozelek with cheap iPad apps

In a post social media world we are all koz

To find peace of mind, to get a piece of the rock
A place to put my mantle clock
And my old guitars and gently rock

Back and forth in my front porch chair
Without a worry, without a care
I’m doing alright but I’m still not there
antoine

Postby snuggle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Grumby wrote:isn't this why we like the nineties so much retrospectively. because there wasn't this.

Fuck yes. I remember buying my cassette copy of Nevermind and rocking out to it. Moments were so much more private and intimate back then
snuggle

Postby antoine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 pm

I fucking hate the internet
antoine

Postby antoine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm

I gotta delete facebook again
antoine

Postby Bad craziness » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 pm

when AR glasses are built with a form-factor indistinguishable from a pair of regular glasses, they'll become insanely popular

there'll be a swiss-army-knife of tools for the 10-12 family and friends closest to you, a total extrapolation of facebook's "friends nearby" feature. if you're off work and looking for something to do tonight, you can flip a switch and you'll appear like a beacon on the horizon that a select group of friends can see and tap to open up a list of options

there will be social networks similar to The Human Library and Tinder Social where you can matchmake and filter people in your immediate surroundings. if you're playing a board game at the local brewery that's best with 12 people, and you only have 3, and you are unsuccessful in recruiting random strangers at the brewery to join you because it's kind of complicated and they don't have patience for learning the rules, you can create a beacon and anyone who has that board game on their favorites list within walking distance will get a ping to come join you.

Organizing protests and other public events will be a lot easier. Any topic or activity you're interested in, you'll get a Terminator-style overlay on your vision that shows you everything in the surrounding area that's related. You'll be able to look at a 3D map of your favorite neighborhood of music venues and poke a bunch of little floating spheres to instantly hear short clips of all the bands playing tonight at that venue

the AR platforms that catch on will be minimalist and intuitive

no one's going to tolerate stuff like this

it'll just be a lot of floating thin lines and small basic shapes that only open up to present info/functionality if you stare directly at them for a few seconds or do some specific blink or small gesture

a lot of people will wear snapchat filters everywhere they go. digital costumes and makeup are going to be a massive market

there will also be something like public filters where you can just see whatever digital street art or animated characters people have left in public spaces, like a combo of geocaching, second life, and tumblr

you'll see a group of people in a town square laughing and pointing at something, and you'll be able to tap a sphere above their heads and whatever they're looking at will appear in your vision, unless they set their digital installation of two tyrannosaurs fucking in the middle of Rockefeller Center to invite-only

it'll be like when Pokemon GO hit its peak of popularity and public spaces were briefly transformed, except it will be all the time, and people will be looking up and around at each other instead of down at their phones
Last edited by Bad craziness on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bad craziness

Postby antoine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 pm

I want out
antoine

Postby snuggle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Sounds terrible Bad Craziness

I’m going to the forest

Or what’s left of it
snuggle

Postby hbb » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 pm

The forest has been canceled. Apologies for any inconvenience!
hbb

Postby Grumby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 pm

facebook is just like a struggle for people generating false meme trash about #goals and nostalgia
Grumby

Postby viachicago » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:04 pm

snuggle wrote:
Grumby wrote:isn't this why we like the nineties so much retrospectively. because there wasn't this.

Fuck yes. I remember buying my cassette copy of Nevermind and rocking out to it. Moments were so much more private and intimate back then

Only 90s kids will get this
viachicago

Postby Grumby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 pm

i definitely wrote that post as a projection cause i'm a 90s kid of course
Grumby

Postby Sobieski » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm

mites wrote:Idk I like society as an idea
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Sobieski » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm

community and city based internet

Now that everybody is on the internet we can like discard these wackadoodle free market principles and ideas of monetization that underlie the basis of so much of this shit, and create social media that like actually benefit a local community or something, man

Or at least weigh design choice or something
Last edited by Sobieski on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Grumby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 pm

as bad as facebook is, instagram has taken it into a advertising/personality based thing that kinda rots. all based around the most mundane shit.
Grumby

Postby boost » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Bad craziness wrote:when AR glasses are built with a form-factor indistinguishable from a pair of regular glasses, they'll become insanely popular

there'll be a swiss-army-knife of tools for the 10-12 family and friends closest to you, a total extrapolation of facebook's "friends nearby" feature. if you're off work and looking for something to do tonight, you can flip a switch and you'll appear like a beacon on the horizon that a select group of friends can see and tap to open up a list of options

there will be social networks similar to The Human Library and Tinder Social where you can matchmake and filter people in your immediate surroundings. if you're playing a board game at the local brewery that's best with 12 people, and you only have 3, and you are unsuccessful in recruiting random strangers at the brewery to join you because it's kind of complicated and they don't have patience for learning the rules, you can create a beacon and anyone who has that board game on their favorites list within walking distance will get a ping to come join you.

Organizing protests and other public events will be a lot easier. Any topic or activity you're interested in, you'll get a Terminator-style overlay on your vision that shows you everything in the surrounding area that's related. You'll be able to look at a 3D map of your favorite neighborhood of music venues and poke a bunch of little floating spheres to instantly hear short clips of all the bands playing tonight at that venue

the AR platforms that catch on will be minimalist and intuitive

no one's going to tolerate stuff like this

it'll just be a lot of floating thin lines and small basic shapes that only open up to present info/functionality if you stare directly at them for a few seconds or do some specific blink or small gesture

a lot of people will wear snapchat filters everywhere they go. digital costumes and makeup are going to be a massive market

there will also be something like public filters where you can just see whatever digital street art or animated characters people have left in public spaces, like a combo of geocaching, second life, and tumblr

you'll see a group of people in a town square laughing and pointing at something, and you'll be able to tap a sphere above their heads and whatever they're looking at will appear in your vision, unless they set their digital installation of two tyrannosaurs fucking in the middle of Rockefeller Center to invite-only

it'll be like when Pokemon GO hit its peak of popularity and public spaces were briefly transformed, except it will be all the time, and people will be looking up and around at each other instead of down at their phones

boost

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 pm

you guys should follow better IG accounts, it's loads more bearable than fb or twitter

boarders are always good bets
Ferrous Bueller

Postby Grumby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:you guys should follow better IG accounts, it's loads more bearable than fb or twitter

boarders are always good bets

no i like looking at the instagrams that are of people and things i like, i just mean the wider culture of it.
Grumby

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm

yeh, I suppose
Ferrous Bueller

Postby Sobieski » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Eugenics » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 pm

its dicks
all
the
way
d
o
w
n
Eugenics

Next

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.